The ROFR waiting game

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by JABEAR, Oct 27, 2012.

1. JABEAR

JABEAR If we weren't all crazy we would go insane! -- CI

We are still waiting to hear back on our contract and it's looking like it is going to take the full 30 days. I'm constantly wearing out the ROFR thread hoping to catch some sign of hope. Which websites or Disboards threads do you frequent to pass the time? I still find myself checking resale sites just in case I need to start over. What about you?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

It almost always takes the full 30 days (unless Disney exercises ROFR, then it's typically only a week or two). Which resort are you buying?

As far as "pass the time" threads, I like to read trip reports. Lots of fun pictures and the stories help me daydream about future Disney trips.

4. JABEAR

JABEAR If we weren't all crazy we would go insane! -- CI

OKW and we're borderline on our price :scared:

5. bdoleary

bdoleary Mouseketeer

Good luck - the 30 days seem to pass by agonizingly slow - but I hope the wait pays off for you - OKW is great!

6. MickeyFan612

MickeyFan612 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

I've passed 2 OKW contracts and I've had two ROFR'd....They all took around thirty days!! One that was ROFR'd took over a month!!! Good Luck w/ yours:)

7. Caren90

Caren90 DIS Veteran

As you wait for your 30 days, keep your eye on other contracts in case you get bought back by Disney. I believe Fidelity publishes new listings on Fridays.

Good luck.
    Stephen