THE RETURN of THE WHATLEYS MAY 21-30. Our trip is done, now time for the TR :(

Praying that the storm passes you by and does no major damage.

Thank you Mary :hug:. It is about 100 miles away right now. It is starting to suck the water out of the bay and when it comes inland it will push the water back in.

Stay safe and dry Dana! We're praying for you!. :hug:

Thank you Leanne :hug:. I'm glad it is a weak storm and the Gulf waters are cooler so it can't gain strength.

Appears to be wobbling as it comes ashore...hope it does not stall; than there will be a big mess. We seem to have lucked out and just at the edge of the rain and winds and have no affects this go round.
:wave2: thinking about you through the night!

We are starting to lose power, it is going on and off. That is the worst part about these storms.

Connie, I was gonna say hurricane Danny in 1997 stalled out in the mouth of the bay and rained on us for 2 days before it moved on out. There goes the power again.........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

The power outage is the worse part of it for us always too! once we loose power we are usually out for a week or so! :eek: due to trees and transformers....
at least it is cooler at this time of the year and the temps aren't in 90's and the humidity is not 110%
:hug:

52 miles SSE of Mobile now. Winds are picking up, roads starting to flood and beaches starting to errode, I hate this.

Well, I guess power is out for a while this time. It has been out for 45 minutes now. I keep hoping it will come back on. Connie you are so right about the temp being cooler. After Katrina it felt like it was 125 degrees in the house, no air moving at all. I'm starting to get sleepy now that it is sooooo dark............:rotfl2:. I don't like the dark AT ALL.

So, how did ya'll fare?!? Power?!? it is so unlike a tropical system, it is always beautiful after the storm --it is dreary and cloudy today maybe we are getting a cool front now!:yay:
suppose to be a very windy day--funny we had no winds from IDA yesterday; Danny said they had a little wind problems there again today
Hope you have a pretty day today!
:wave:Connie

Sending lots of prayers your way!

Thank you Lisa. Thanks to all the prayers, God kept us safe.

Hope everything is fine your way.

Thank you Ginny. I'm glad it is over.

Hope your safe and dry Dana! More prayers headed your way! :hug:

:hug: Thanks Leanne. We are safe, not dry though, but that's ok.

So, how did ya'll fare?!? Power?!? it is so unlike a tropical system, it is always beautiful after the storm --it is dreary and cloudy today maybe we are getting a cool front now!:yay:
suppose to be a very windy day--funny we had no winds from IDA yesterday; Danny said they had a little wind problems there again today
Hope you have a pretty day today!
:wave:Connie

We did great Connie. My power went out at about 9:15 last night and didn't come back on until around 1:00 this morning. It kept going on and off earlier this morning for about an hour. Yeah, it rained here all day today too, but it is cooling off :worship:

I went to the Disney store online today and spent way too much money........:lmao:. I did get some Christmas shopping done though and I'm excited about that :cool1:. I will have to post some pictures of the stuff I got. They are having a pretty good sale so I was able to get a lot of stuff.

I went to the Disney store online today and spent way too much money........:lmao:. I did get some Christmas shopping done though and I'm excited about that :cool1:. I will have to post some pictures of the stuff I got. They are having a pretty good sale so I was able to get a lot of stuff.

Why'd you have to post that they are having a good sale? You know that I'm going to head over to their site now. :thumbsup2

OK this is the stuff I ordered. I know the pictures are very small, but hopefully you can make them out.

Every year, since Dale and I have been married and since each of my children have been born, we have ordered an ornament for each child and one for Dale and I. Here is what I got for all of us this year.

2009mickeyornament.jpg

castleornament.jpg

glassmickeyornament.jpg

tinkerbellornament.jpg

The ornaments were get 2 for $15.

I found these for Eli for Christmas.

buzzpjs.jpg

disneypjs.jpg

These were 2 for $20.

I don't know who remembers, but in May I ordered all the Mickey bathroom stuff and pillow shams for my bed. So today I ordered some pillow cases.

mickeypillowcases.jpg

And this for my kitchen

papertowelholder.jpg

I got this for Dale.
rollingdisneycoolerbag.jpg

And of course this is for Dallas.

upvideo.jpg

I ordered all of this and with the discounts, Disney will let you stack coupons, I got 20% off and $5 shipping. The total for the order, before tax and shipping and handling was $143.96 with the discounts of $41.59 and $10.00 off on shipping I got it all for $107.32 plus $9.68 tax. I think $117.00 is pretty good for what I ordered.

Good job on the disney shopping!!:thumbsup2
I love all the ornaments; esp. the castle and mickey ears!

Thanks Connie, I miss the Disney outlet store that use to be at the Tanger Outlet Mall. I could spend money like crazy there.

I have a story about Mickey ear ornaments. About 3 years ago we bought a very pretty red Mickey ear ornament from the Christmas Shop in the MK. Well, last year we were sitting in the living room watching TV and we heard a LOUD popping sound. We got up to investigate and I saw a part of my Mickey ears laying under the tree :sad1:. We looked closer and found it to be the acrylic paint used on the ornament and the ornament itself was not broken. Now I have a plastic silver Mickey head :lmao:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter