THE RETURN of THE WHATLEYS MAY 21-30. Our trip is done, now time for the TR :(

I'm glad you didn't let that May trip stop you from going back in May again. I believe in divine intervention also. So glad you decided to go in May 09...:hug:

Me too Leanne, if we hadn't went I wouldn't have made the wonderful friendships I've made.

Ya'll have a great weekend!!!

I think every generation has its issues. The 60's were not easy for us at all. Kids going to war with young wives and children left behind. History just keeps repeating itself. I made 75 cents an hour and felt we had the world. My first real job was at a clinic and I made $300 a month. Every other week my paycheck was $75. Out of that I paid $45 to a babysitter who came to my house and watched the girls for me. That left me $30 for gas and spending money for another 2 weeks. Don was making $4.50 and hour and I was working because I wanted to. Then Don lost his job and my salary was it for several months. One always manages to do what needs to be done tho and are better for it.

You are so right. Like the saying goes......... "That which does not kill us makes us stronger."

I hope you are having a good Saturday. I'm at work, but it isn't a bad day.

FIRST I MUST GET THIS OUT OF THE WAY

:cheer2::cheer2:ROLL TIDE:cheer2::cheer2:

Now, with that said, I will go on to how we chose May on our second and third trips. After the May 2002 trip we started going to Disney during February because Amanda and Tyler had 3 days off for Mardi Gras every year. It was a good time to go because it was always cool and the crowds were light. In 2007 we went in February, but Amanda couldn't go because she only got 1 day for Mardi Gras in college. Well, in 2008 Disney had an offer in May that gave the water parks and more option as a free add on and it was during a time that Amanda could go and bring her then fiancé Anthony We booked two adjoining rooms at ASMu and it was OK. It was our first time using the DDP so it was not a fantastic trip. We did not plan our ADRs as well as we should have and Amanda and Anthony had broken up a month or so before. BOY was I glad that happened. She is too NOW MAY 2008 HERE

So when it came time to book our 2009 trip Disney was offering the 4/3 deal and Amanda wanted to join us again, and this time bring her boyfriend Matt. We needed something big enough to hold 6 of us so we stayed at Fort Wilderness Cabins. I didn't care for the Cabins, but I am not a real outdoorsy type. It rained on us the whole time we were there. We left a day early because we were tired of being wet, plus Amanda, Tyler, and Matt were all feeling bad. Here is the link to that TR May 2009 TR HERE.

While we were deciding when to return next year we came up with several dates. It was a hard decision because the sooner the better for me. I really wanted to get an AP pin, but it never came. I was so disappointed :sad2:. But, just by luck I checked an email account that I rarely check and there it was!!!!!!!!! A PIN. Not an AP pin but a pin none the less. It was for dates in April, May and June. I jumped on it and booked our May dates. There are three main reasons we chose the dates we did (1) Leanne, Mary, And Lisa will all be there then, (2) it includes Memorial Day so that gives Dale an extra day off and (3) Amanda will be out of school and maybe, just maybe she will join us. I am hoping for a rain free trip this time as I think we all had enough Disney rain to do us.

AWWWWWW....you are too sweet. We're so excited you will be going back the same week. We definitely need to plan more time to hang out. I'm praying for a rain free vacay too. We definitely had our share this year. :)

Yay for May!! You are very sweet and can't wait to meet up with you guys again!

AWWWWWW....you are too sweet. We're so excited you will be going back the same week. We definitely need to plan more time to hang out. I'm praying for a rain free vacay too. We definitely had our share this year. :)

We are gonna have a blast :banana: It would be fun to spend more time hanging out :thumbsup2.

Yay for May!! You are very sweet and can't wait to meet up with you guys again!

Thank you :cutie:. I know it is going to be fun!! I feel so blessed to have met such great friends here on the dis.

One of my co-workers is going to Disney next Friday. She and her husband are going to pick their 8 yo up from school and tell him they are going shopping for his birthday and they are going to get on a plane and fly to Disney. I think that is sooooooo cool. What a fun surprise.

I guess I will be battening down the hatches tomorrow in anticipation of hurricane Ida :headache: What in the world is a hurricane doing coming in this late in the year :sad2:.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! :cool1: Great game, huh?! Joining in on your PTR! We're headed back to WDW in May as well (May 22-29). We were also there during all the rain this past year--PRAYING for MUCH better weather this time around!! :goodvibes Oh--and your dog looks JUST like my dog that I had growing up. I just LOVE dachshunds!! They are precious!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! :cool1: Great game, huh?! Joining in on your PTR! We're headed back to WDW in May as well (May 22-29). We were also there during all the rain this past year--PRAYING for MUCH better weather this time around!! :goodvibes Oh--and your dog looks JUST like my dog that I had growing up. I just LOVE dachshunds!! They are precious!!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in Becky :banana:.

Oh Yeah:woohoo: ROLL TIDE ROLL I was working, but I would catch glimpses of the game from time to time, but I did get to see some of the best plays and I saw the last 5 minutes.

Were you at the Dis meet last May? I have such a bad memory at times :guilty:. I hope we can all set a date and place to meet up. It would be nice to have an all girls meet one evening too ;). I am hoping the rain stays well away. I love dachshunds too :love:. They have such character. Niko thinks he is a doberman though and he HATES Amanda's boyfriend :lmao:.

Where are ya'll staying in May? I didn't see a link to a PTR, but I am going to head to you TR and catch up :thumbsup2.

Thanks again for joining in and it is going to be so much fun planning with my Dis buddies :cloud9:.

:welcome: Thanks for joining in Becky :banana:.

Oh Yeah:woohoo: ROLL TIDE ROLL I was working, but I would catch glimpses of the game from time to time, but I did get to see some of the best plays and I saw the last 5 minutes.

Were you at the Dis meet last May? I have such a bad memory at times :guilty:. I hope we can all set a date and place to meet up. It would be nice to have an all girls meet one evening too ;). I am hoping the rain stays well away. I love dachshunds too :love:. They have such character. Niko thinks he is a doberman though and he HATES Amanda's boyfriend :lmao:.

Where are ya'll staying in May? I didn't see a link to a PTR, but I am going to head to you TR and catch up :thumbsup2.

Thanks again for joining in and it is going to be so much fun planning with my Dis buddies :cloud9:.

The 2nd half of the BAMA game was much better than the 1st!! :goodvibes We're actually going to Tuscaloosa for the BAMA/UTC game on the 21st!! I'm hoping we kill Florida on Dec. 6th--I'm so sick of them and Tebow!

No, I was not at the DIS meet last May--we were in a different park that day and didn't have Park Hoppers. I was able to meetup with several DISers at the Poly beach the first night we were there and we met Leanne and her family at O'hana. We are staying at the Poly again in May!! Can't wait!! I haven't started a PTR yet--have to wrap-up my TR first!! :thumbsup2

The 2nd half of the BAMA game was much better than the 1st!! :goodvibes We're actually going to Tuscaloosa for the BAMA/UTC game on the 21st!! I'm hoping we kill Florida on Dec. 6th--I'm so sick of them and Tebow!

No, I was not at the DIS meet last May--we were in a different park that day and didn't have Park Hoppers. I was able to meetup with several DISers at the Poly beach the first night we were there and we met Leanne and her family at O'hana. We are staying at the Poly again in May!! Can't wait!! I haven't started a PTR yet--have to wrap-up my TR first!! :thumbsup2

You and me both Becky :rolleyes:. I get so tired of hearing Tebow's name I could scream. I hope we end our season at the Georgia Dome like we started it :thumbsup2.

Dis meets are so much fun. Leanne and her family are really great as is Mary and her family. I feel so blessed to have met some of the best people last May. I have started reading your report and your family is so beautiful. In every picture everyone is always smiling. I am hoping Disney offers a good AP rate for May. If they come out with a good rate I really want to stay at CBR or AKL. Dale liked Pop so we may just keep what we have. The Poly is beautiful, as is GF.

I need to finish my September TR too :rolleyes1.

Well, let's keep our fingers crossed that your May, 2010 trip is much much better than your previous May trips!

How's the weather forecast there?

OK! How did not see this in your link? when I did not come over you should have "PUSHED" :laughing: and enough already on the game this past week!!! :sad:
would have been a better game with better officals (not saying the outcome would have been different--but there was an awful lot of holding and an awful big problem with vision on the part of the officials) but, I am with you and Becky on the Bama/FL game!

that is a wonderful story you shared in the beginning (wouldn't wish it on anyone-but, glad an angel was sent your way)...

Happy planning! stay safe tonight!!
:wave2:Connie

Well, let's keep our fingers crossed that your May, 2010 trip is much much better than your previous May trips!

How's the weather forecast there?

I am crossing fingers, eyes, toes, legs, arms.....you name it.......:lmao:.

From the track it will be coming in at Dauphin Island, Al which is about 40 miles south of me. I am praying for everyone on the Island. The local news said Ida had strengthened a little, but they are expecting it to decrease again when it gets closer in and hits the cooler water.

OK! How did not see this in your link? when I did not come over you should have "PUSHED" :laughing: and enough already on the game this past week!!! :sad:
would have been a better game with better officals (not saying the outcome would have been different--but there was an awful lot of holding and an awful big problem with vision on the part of the officials) but, I am with you and Becky on the Bama/FL game!

that is a wonderful story you shared in the beginning (wouldn't wish it on anyone-but, glad an angel was sent your way)...

Happy planning! stay safe tonight!!
:wave2:Connie

Well, I don't like to be too pushy :lmao::rotfl2:. We have got to rub it in a little about the game :rolleyes1. I have to agree with you about officiating at ALL games this year. I think all of the officials have gone "hold blind" and that is in the Pros too. Dale keeps thinking ya'll may lose Les Miles to Michigan when they fire Rich Rodriguez :rolleyes1.

Thanks about the story. It was a real stressful time. I think maybe that is why I'm not crazy about POR, well that and the fact we were in a horrible location on property.

You are part of the planning too :hug:.

I'm praying for everyones safety during this storm, because it has caused 54 deaths in El Salvador already.

I'm glad to hear that you will probaby not get the brunt of the hurricane. Still, it's the tornados and high winds that stem from it that are just as scary. Sorry, that wasn't too nice of a thing to post when I am supposed to be easing your mind.:rolleyes1

I hope Les Miles moves on, too! can't wait....hummm I know alot of people who would like to see that happen :rolleyes2 We had our fingers crossed last year when Michigan came a calling...and I have always like Nike Saban but yesterday when he was mad and was talking to the reporter right before he went off the field at half time he really came off as a "big head" just my impression (body language)

I told Danny I bet if they started fining the officials for bad or lack of calls for face mask (the saints game had a bad face mask that was not called Sunday--poor guys head could not turn back anymore), holding, or vision problems :-)laughing: ) I bet that would help clear up their problems!

hope the rain passes quickly; we don't even have high winds here, it is really kinda strange. But, Danny said it is gusty across the lake!
:wave2:

I'm glad to hear that you will probaby not get the brunt of the hurricane. Still, it's the tornados and high winds that stem from it that are just as scary. Sorry, that wasn't too nice of a thing to post when I am supposed to be easing your mind.:rolleyes1

Oh yeah, I know :scared1:. I have lived on the Gulf Coast all my life so I know the tornadoes are where the real damage comes in :eek:.

Update on right now at 4:10 pm, they have changed the path to have it coming in at the mouth of Mobile Bay.

That actually brings it in to my east but in closer proximity, and it is going to make landfall about midnight. My ex lives in Spanish Fort and a good friend lives right on the Bay in Fairhope, both are right were it is coming in. I worry about all the people who live on the coast. I think it is ironic that the most sought after property is in the most dangerous areas :sad2:.

I hope Les Miles moves on, too! can't wait....hummm I know alot of people who would like to see that happen :rolleyes2 We had our fingers crossed last year when Michigan came a calling...and I have always like Nike Saban but yesterday when he was mad and was talking to the reporter right before he went off the field at half time he really came off as a "big head" just my impression (body language)

I told Danny I bet if they started fining the officials for bad or lack of calls for face mask (the saints game had a bad face mask that was not called Sunday--poor guys head could not turn back anymore), holding, or vision problems :-)laughing: ) I bet that would help clear up their problems!

hope the rain passes quickly; we don't even have high winds here, it is really kinda strange. But, Danny said it is gusty across the lake!
:wave2:

I told Dale that Les Miles shows no emotion. He looks stone faced all the time. I didn't see the interview. I didn't get to see all of the game since I was working.

I told Dale I was really getting disheartened by football this year due to the lack of good officiating. I didn't get to see the Saints game either, but I caught a score when they were behind and I didn't think I was going to be able to come home :lmao:. Dale takes his football serious, VERY SERIOUS and if the Saints are losing he is UNBEARABLE :rolleyes1.

The wind is starting to gust here, it has been raining all day. The storm is moving pretty fast so I hope it is out of here pretty quickly.

Dana, Hope and Pray you are all safe. Have been thinking of you today and just haven't had the spirit to write to anyone. It's better now. HE once again has taken care of my needs.

Ginny

Dana, Hope and Pray you are all safe. Have been thinking of you today and just haven't had the spirit to write to anyone. It's better now. HE once again has taken care of my needs.

Ginny

Thank you Ginny :hug:. They are starting to post curfews now since the storm is getting closer. The news crew is at Gulf Shores right now and it is starting to rock and roll, and of course the idiots are out driving.

I am glad you are feeling better and yes HE is good.

Appears to be wobbling as it comes ashore...hope it does not stall; than there will be a big mess. We seem to have lucked out and just at the edge of the rain and winds and have no affects this go round.
:wave2: thinking about you through the night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter