The Rebels Welcome April and Spring!

disney_mommy

"Dear god, what am I doing? This is half a man."
Welcome Rebels!!​

*************************************************​
Rebels, here is our April thread. We still have great momentum, so let's keep it up! :cheer2:

Our updated member list:

K80K - Katie - Baltimore
wdwprncess77 - Jane - New York
french lady - Diane
mandac - Manda - Utah
Suzann - - Seattle
scoolover - Scott - Connecticut
cwnhokie - - West Virginia
ghoulishgirl - Tiffany - California
grstink - Gretchen - New Jersey
forceword - Liam - London
RENThead09 - Pat - Vegas
jenanderson - Jen - Minnesota
CapeCodRob - Rob - Massachusetts
sailors_wfe - Christy - Virginia
luckymum22 - Barb (and Silent Bob) - Pennsylvania
G&GMom - Joy - Florida
j-sun - Virginia
deleckidesign - Michelle - Michigan
momto2littlemonsters - Shawna - Florida
krishouse - Kristin - Ontario
jwalker1 - James - Illinois
disney_mommy - Andrea - Virginia

Rebel Calendar:

February
WISH Valentine's Day Virtual 5K/10K
Mandac - 10K
jenanderson - 5K
grstink - 10K
ghoulishgirl - 5K
disney_mommy - 10K

~~~~~~~~~~
March

Disney's Princess Half Marathon and 5K - 6th, 7th
k80k
disney_mommy
G&G Mom

Sarasota Half - 14th
G&G Mom

Frozen Foot 5K - 14th
luckymum22

Hastings Half Marathon - 21st
forceword

Walk a Mile in their Shoes 5K - 27th
momto2littlemonsters

Luck O' the IWISH! St. Patrick's Day Virtual 5K/10K
grstink - 5K
jenanderson - 5K

Lucky 7 7K
jenanderson

~~~~~~~~~~
April
Lincoln Memorial Half - 3rd
jwalker1

Obesity Challenge 5K - 17th
jenanderson

Hagarstown 5K - 17th
cwnhokie

Ocean City Half Marathon - 24th
K80K

Logan’s Run 5K & Walk for Autism Awareness
luckymum22

Beaches Chapel 5K - 24th
momto2littlemonsters

~~~~~~~~~~
May
Kenswick Half Marathon - 2nd
forceword

Frederick Half - 2nd
K80K

The Human Race 5K
momto2littlemonsters

SheROX Tempe Triathlon - 8th
ghoulishgirl

Race for the Cure 5K - 8th
mandac

Turkey Hill 11th Annual Country Classic 5K
luckymum22

Historic Half - 16th
K80K

Miles for Moms 5K to benefit Mom's House®
luckymum22

Edinburgh Marathon - 23rd
forceword

Maryland Half - 23rd
K80K

Spring Sprint 5K
luckymum22

~~~~~~~~~~
June
Zooma Annapolis Half - 6th
K80K

SH7 - 12th
K80K

Bear Lake 10K - 12th
mandac

Expedition Everest Challenge - 12th
cwnhokie
momto2littlemonsters

B10 10Mi - 19th
K80K

french lady

Run for the Pies 5K
momto2littlemonsters

~~~~~~~~~~
August
Tour de Pain - 7th, 8th
momto2littlemonsters

Abe's Amble 10K
jwalker1

~~~~~~~~~~
September
Disneyland Half - 5th
K80K

Montreal Half - 5th
french lady

Virginia Beach Rock 'n' Roll Half - 5th
disney_mommy
sailors_wfe

Bupa Great North Run - 19th
forceword

Philly Rock ‘n’ Roll Half - 19th
K80K

Children's Way 5K - 26th
momto2littlemonsters

~~~~~~~~~~
October
Disney Wine and Dine Half - 2nd
K80K
disney_mommy

Race for the Cure
momto2littlemonsters

Boston Half - 10th
K80K

Lewis & Clark Marathon - 3rd
jwalker1

Baltimore Half - 16th
K80K

~~~~~~~~~~
November
Philadelphia Half - 21st
K80K

~~~~~~~~~~
December
PUMA Hellrunner
forceword

Rehobeth Half - 11th
K80K

Frostbite Festival 10mile - 7th
jwalker1

~~~~~~~~~~

January
Disney World Half/Full Marathon - 8th, 9th
forceword
luckymum22 - half
ghoulishgirl - Goofy
jwalker1 - Goofy

About W.I.S.H

Within the DISboards, there is a group of DISers that like to talk about getting healthy or staying healthy, and all of the things that entails. They are called W.I.S.Hers. On this thread, TXBelle (Heather) shares the history of W.I.S.H. and how it all began.

You are always welcome to post on the W.I.S.H boards and ask questions, or to offer advice for someone else. Once you've posted, you are automatically a member of W.I.S.H!

Within W.I.S.H there are smaller teams of about 20 people each. You do not have to be on a team to be a member of W.I.S.H and you do not have to be a member of W.I.S.H to be on a team. They are just a way for smaller groups of people to get to know each other and to offer more personalized advice and suggestions.

How can I join a team?

Right now, jmasgat (Maura) is coordinating the teams. Go to this thread and post that you would like to join a team. You might also like to mention if you are an experienced athlete or just starting out, if you are a runner, a walker or a biker or what your goals are. She will try to match you up with a team that will benefit from your current fitness levels and goals.

Maura maintains the team leaders and members and makes sure the numbers stay pretty even. She will decide when it is time to start a new team and will coordinate that effort.

About the Rebels

On February 7, 2009, windwalker asked for a volunteer to lead a new team he named Rebel Alliance. It didn't appear that there were many people eager to take on that job! Soon however, Suzann and scoolover (Scott) stepped up and offered to share the duties of heading up the new team. Back then, every team member had to announce their monthly miles and minutes and the team captain kept a team total.

Before long the team had 11 members and by June we were up to 14. One of the latest monthly threads was started in July of 2009 by Suzann until K80K (Katie) started one in September of that same year. October was skipped and a November thread was started by wdwprincess (Jane). By this time, most members of the team had drifted away. "Real life" got in the way, training slowed down, there was an injury... For whatever reason, it appeared that the Rebels had disbanded.

In January of 2010, deekaypee (Debra) started asking for opinions for the new year and scoolover (Scott) offered to re-start the Rebels. He started a thread asking if any past team members were interested in coming back, and a few did. Then jmasgat (Maura) started filling the team in with brand new people who were either new to W.I.S.H or were ready to join a team. The numbers rose quickly and before long the team had 20 members.

Because of personal reasons, scoolover (Scott) asked disney_mommy (Andrea) to take over as team captain in February 2010. She accepted and the team is in its current state.

Helpful Tips/Links

Need general information about a variety of topics, including running, walking, programs, gear, pacing? Check out this great thread by chimera. It includes links to a huge number of resources you might find useful.

Looking for a fun way to get in some extra walking? How about joining the Walk to Disney Challenge? Keep track of your daily walking miles (by pedometer or GPS) and log them in. See how close you would be if you were actually walking to The World!

Many Rebels are signed up on DailyMile.com, a site to post your workout miles/minutes and talk about them. It could be called the Facebook of workouts. If you sign up, feel free to "friend" the Rebels listed below. Be sure to include a note in your friend request mentioning you are a Rebel!

disney_mommy - DM username "disney_mommy"
luckymum22 - DM username "LuckyMum22"
jenanderson - DM username "jenanderson"

If you are interested in getting a ticker for your signature (for a weight loss goal, or just for an upcoming vacation), the DIS has its own options now. They can be found here.

If you would like a Userbar for your signature, check out this thread. bellaDisneydncr created a bunch of W.I.S.H userbars as well as Rebel Alliance specific bars (they are on page 2, post #27, or here). Also on her thread are bars for the Disney races. If you'd like to use an animator, an excellent one can be found here.

The Rebels have several logo options, if you would prefer to have one of them in your signature. They can be found on this post. If you have any suggestions or ideas for more, please post it on our thread!

If you'd like to get to know your teammates on a personal level, please look us up on Facebook or Twitter. When you send a friend request, be sure to mention that you're a Rebel!

Want to catch up on past team threads? March 2010 is here and the 'first' thread is here.

A note for my fellow Rebels:

I couldn't think of anything fun to name the thread, so I'm open to suggestions.

I am in the process of adding the dates for the races, so we will know exactly when someone has/had a race.

I am linking the race names to their web pages, in case someone wants to find out more info about a race. And because I can't stop trying to organize and add to the first post. I have a problem, I admit it.

Good evening,
What a beautiful day it was. I went for my run this morning and for a couple of hundred meters, a deer was running in front of me but it got tired before me and made a left turn to the river :lmao:.
And this afternoon, I was outside with my little dog (or energizer bunny) and did some spring cleaning and for the first time in 2010, I was wearing a t-shirt (the one I bought during marathon week-end with the Donald medal) and short.
Have to work overtime tomorrow because it is gone be a busy day with a 4 days off up in Canada.

Diane

What a fantastic intro. As I have said before, the team is in good hands.

The nice weather is really making it easy to get outside. Sometimes I actually get giddy like I have butterflies. I had a tough run today that was all hill. Jello legs at the end. Here in Southeastern Connecticut, we had what the experts are calling a 100 year flood. Most schools have been closed for the week but my local roads are fine. No problem getting out.

I tried to sign up for a 1/4 marathon outside of Hartford on Sat but it was closed out when I got on there. I will probably still go and happen to do a training run there around 10am which is surprisingly the time the race starts. ;)

I hope everyone is doing well.

Andrea You are doing an AMAZING job! Thank you so much!

My run/walk ratio is up to 9:1, repeat 3 times. So instead of doing the next week, which is run 13, walk 2, repeat twice, I'm going to go straight to run 30 minutes. I figure, I'm already running 27 minutes. I haven't run 30 minutes in so long, I'm actually a little nervous about being able to do it. In 2008, I ran Race for the Taste and only walked one of the water stops. It's been all downhill since!

Swimming is going pretty well, 1900 yards yesterday.

Thanks for all your work Andrea! While you are looking for dates the Boston half that is listed for me in October is actually June 27th. It is the 13.1 Boston. Here are the dates for the rest of my races to save you the time:
3/2 Frederick Half http://www.frederickmarathon.org/site4.aspx
3/16 Historic Half Half http://www.marinecorpshistorichalf.com/site7.aspx
3/23 Maryland Half http://www.marylandhalfmarathon.com/
6/6 Zooma Annapolis Half http://zoomarun.com/
6/12 SH7 http://www.activesurvivor.org/programs/index.cfm?p=sh7
6/19 B10 10Mi http://www.baltimoretenmiler.com/site9.aspx
10/16 Baltimore Half http://www.thebaltimoremarathon.com/site3.aspx
11/21 Philadelphia Half http://www.philadelphiamarathon.com/
12/11 Rehobeth Half http://www.rbmarathon.com/

Good evening,
What a beautiful day it was. I went for my run this morning and for a couple of hundred meters, a deer was running in front of me but it got tired before me and made a left turn to the river :lmao:.
And this afternoon, I was outside with my little dog (or energizer bunny) and did some spring cleaning and for the first time in 2010, I was wearing a t-shirt (the one I bought during marathon week-end with the Donald medal) and short.
Have to work overtime tomorrow because it is gone be a busy day with a 4 days off up in Canada.

Diane

It's going to be a beautiful weekend here. Spring has definitely sprung!:yay: That is so cool that you got to run with a deer! I'm surprised it didn't startle and run away. Diane, enjoy your wonderful weather this weekend.

What a fantastic intro. As I have said before, the team is in good hands.

The nice weather is really making it easy to get outside. Sometimes I actually get giddy like I have butterflies. I had a tough run today that was all hill. Jello legs at the end. Here in Southeastern Connecticut, we had what the experts are calling a 100 year flood. Most schools have been closed for the week but my local roads are fine. No problem getting out.

I tried to sign up for a 1/4 marathon outside of Hartford on Sat but it was closed out when I got on there. I will probably still go and happen to do a training run there around 10am which is surprisingly the time the race starts. ;)

I hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks, Scott, for that kudos. I do love to do stuff like that; research and organize. I'm just sorry I've run out of things to do for the team!

I'm sorry you guys are having such a bad flood. Glad your local roads are fine, and I'm sure the kids are loving the time off. The young ones just don't realize they'll have to make it up later!

Enjoy your training run that will just happen to coincide with the 1/4 marathon that will be happening at that same time that you were unable to enter...

Andrea You are doing an AMAZING job! Thank you so much!

My run/walk ratio is up to 9:1, repeat 3 times. So instead of doing the next week, which is run 13, walk 2, repeat twice, I'm going to go straight to run 30 minutes. I figure, I'm already running 27 minutes. I haven't run 30 minutes in so long, I'm actually a little nervous about being able to do it. In 2008, I ran Race for the Taste and only walked one of the water stops. It's been all downhill since!

Swimming is going pretty well, 1900 yards yesterday.

Thank you, Tiffany! I hope everyone is getting some use out my my obsession! That's a great run/walk ratio. You're doing awesome at building it up! I bet you can do that 30 min. straight, no problem.

Thanks for all your work Andrea! While you are looking for dates the Boston half that is listed for me in October is actually June 27th. It is the 13.1 Boston. Here are the dates for the rest of my races to save you the time:
3/2 Frederick Half http://www.frederickmarathon.org/site4.aspx
3/16 Historic Half Half http://www.marinecorpshistorichalf.com/site7.aspx
3/23 Maryland Half http://www.marylandhalfmarathon.com/
6/6 Zooma Annapolis Half http://zoomarun.com/
6/12 SH7 http://www.activesurvivor.org/programs/index.cfm?p=sh7
6/19 B10 10Mi http://www.baltimoretenmiler.com/site9.aspx
10/16 Baltimore Half http://www.thebaltimoremarathon.com/site3.aspx
11/21 Philadelphia Half http://www.philadelphiamarathon.com/
12/11 Rehobeth Half http://www.rbmarathon.com/

Katie, thank you for listing all those links and dates for me. I stand by my FB comment that you're a crazy woman! :rolleyes:

I just wanted to wish Rebels a good weekend!

Andrea – I will join everyone else and say that I think you’re doing a wonderful job for the Rebels, keep up the good work. :)

Ok.. so I have to admit, I joined the team... said my hello's and never came back and said another word :headache: sorry guys! Life got in the way... training for the princess and big crush at work and having a 10 month old just kept me from being active and soon I forgot about you guys :rolleyes1:sad2: Hope you don't mind if I jump back in! I have a 10K coming up next weekend here locally that i'm hoping to be able to run... came back from Disney almost a month ago and somehow I managed to mess up my right calf.. not sure if it's a stress fracture or something with my muscle, but I've been having some pain while/after running... didn't do it during the half... it was the following week sometime.. so I've been resting and trying to get back into the swing of running.. makes me sad that I could run 13.1 miles a month ago and now I'm struggling to get in a 3 mile run, but we all have setbacks. I've restarted C25K since I technically never finished it in January and hope to be able to actually run a 5k in it's entirety sometime in the next 2 months. I have also gotten 2 races on my radar: the Rock N Roll Virginia Beach Half in August and a local Carrytown 10K here in May.
Looking forward to being more involved this time around! You guys will keep me working at it!!!

Thank you for all the well wishes. I had a fantabulous time in LV. My friends were wonderful and really helped to keep me on track with my walking and healthy eating choices (for the most part). Indulged a bit (wine and munchies at night) but it was a vacation, right? We did do a lot of walking. We even got to hike at Red Rock Canyon which turned out to be a wonderful experience. Loved seeing the wild burros that were there. Absolute favorite show - Jersey Boys (no surprise there, huh?) Only lost $22 over the course of the trip so that made me feel good.
Well, back to reality and the everyday chores of life. Did get out and walk today since the weather was so beautiful. I do need to increase the mileage and speed since vacation does play havoc to my schedules.
Team Rebel Alliance is really great, thanks Andrea.
I just want to say that I did miss being here the past week and I do feel that being a part of this team really does help to keep me accountable. I do NOT want to slip back to my old ways and being here gives me the courage and desire to keep on moving forward with my walking and weight loss.
Seriously considering the Disneyland Half and am trying to get hubby on board with this one.
Daughter and I are working on plans for the 2011 WDW Half(me) Full(DD). Really hope these pan out.
Thanks all and have a great weekend.

Hmmmm should I mention to Andrea that that isn't actually all of my races. Hmmm maybe not since she already thinks I am crazy, lol.

Christy: No worries, welcome back. I come and go as work permits and this group is always welcoming when I drop back in.

Good morning,
I just finish my first run wearing short and t-shirt :cool1:. And even if it was "hills" it went pretty well. Our schedule at work for the next 16 weeks is now out and I am working every week-end that there is a race that I want to do :sad2:. I will have to decide which race I want to do and hope or more pray that the boss will accept that I take vacation day. We will see.

have a nice day and enjoy the sun
Diane

Good morning,
I guess I am the only one working this week-end, so I can take time to say

HELLO TEAM
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL SUNNY SUNDAY

Diane

bababear_50 from the DISigns board has come up with another option for our logo:

rebel7-1.png
rebel7-1-1.png

If you like it, feel free to use it in your signature.

Ok.. so I have to admit, I joined the team... said my hello's and never came back and said another word :headache: sorry guys! Life got in the way... training for the princess and big crush at work and having a 10 month old just kept me from being active and soon I forgot about you guys :rolleyes1:sad2: Hope you don't mind if I jump back in! I have a 10K coming up next weekend here locally that i'm hoping to be able to run... came back from Disney almost a month ago and somehow I managed to mess up my right calf.. not sure if it's a stress fracture or something with my muscle, but I've been having some pain while/after running... didn't do it during the half... it was the following week sometime.. so I've been resting and trying to get back into the swing of running.. makes me sad that I could run 13.1 miles a month ago and now I'm struggling to get in a 3 mile run, but we all have setbacks. I've restarted C25K since I technically never finished it in January and hope to be able to actually run a 5k in it's entirety sometime in the next 2 months. I have also gotten 2 races on my radar: the Rock N Roll Virginia Beach Half in August and a local Carrytown 10K here in May.
Looking forward to being more involved this time around! You guys will keep me working at it!!!

Welcome back, Christy! Like Katie said above, you are always welcome here, no matter how long you've been away. No judgement or expectations, just friendly welcomes.

I am like you, I seem to have lost my mojo after the Princess. All that training and work, and then it's almost like a letdown when it's all done. But you have the right attitude, about just getting right back out there and doing something. And I'll see you at the RnR!

(And here's a little PD for your calf injury - pixiedust:)

Thank you for all the well wishes. I had a fantabulous time in LV. My friends were wonderful and really helped to keep me on track with my walking and healthy eating choices (for the most part). Indulged a bit (wine and munchies at night) but it was a vacation, right? We did do a lot of walking. We even got to hike at Red Rock Canyon which turned out to be a wonderful experience. Loved seeing the wild burros that were there. Absolute favorite show - Jersey Boys (no surprise there, huh?) Only lost $22 over the course of the trip so that made me feel good.
Well, back to reality and the everyday chores of life. Did get out and walk today since the weather was so beautiful. I do need to increase the mileage and speed since vacation does play havoc to my schedules.
Team Rebel Alliance is really great, thanks Andrea.
I just want to say that I did miss being here the past week and I do feel that being a part of this team really does help to keep me accountable. I do NOT want to slip back to my old ways and being here gives me the courage and desire to keep on moving forward with my walking and weight loss.
Seriously considering the Disneyland Half and am trying to get hubby on board with this one.
Daughter and I are working on plans for the 2011 WDW Half(me) Full(DD). Really hope these pan out.
Thanks all and have a great weekend.

Glad you had a good time on your vacation, Gretchen! That's awesome that you managed to continue with your walking and healthy(ish) eating. It's so easy to just say "I'm on vacation, so I can do whatever I want!" and just quit. And I'm glad that the team is helping you out. I think that is the whole reason these teams were started, so that a small group of people can encourage each other and hold each other accountable.

Hmmmm should I mention to Andrea that that isn't actually all of my races. Hmmm maybe not since she already thinks I am crazy, lol.

Christy: No worries, welcome back. I come and go as work permits and this group is always welcoming when I drop back in.

Insane! :scared1:

Good morning,
I just finish my first run wearing short and t-shirt :cool1:. And even if it was "hills" it went pretty well. Our schedule at work for the next 16 weeks is now out and I am working every week-end that there is a race that I want to do :sad2:. I will have to decide which race I want to do and hope or more pray that the boss will accept that I take vacation day. We will see.

have a nice day and enjoy the sun
Diane

Good morning,
I guess I am the only one working this week-end, so I can take time to say

HELLO TEAM
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL SUNNY SUNDAY

Diane

Hey, Diane! I think everyone was either eating Easter dinner or sitting around digesting their Easter dinner! We had a nice brunch on Sunday, then just sat around the rest of the day. It was nice to just relax on a Sunday, instead of running errands or doing chores.

That stinks that you have to work for the next 16 weekends. I hope your boss lady is nice and lets you have one of them off for your race.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week in which we all make healthy choices. :grouphug:

I am like you, I seem to have lost my mojo after the Princess. All that training and work, and then it's almost like a letdown when it's all done.

And that is why I have an insane race schedule. :rotfl: No let down period when you always have something else waiting in the wings.

HI Rebels!

I finished my first half marathon. The rain stayed away and ended being the perfect weather for the race. I felt really good at the start and I was a little nervous because I did not know if I could maintain the pace I needed to finish in 3 hours. I tried to start in the back, but ended up starting in the middle with some friends. Right from the start, I was able to maintain the pace I needed. So, for the next 8 miles I kept within my planned pace, not really pushing it. After the 8th mile, my friends started to fade and I ended up going the rest of the way on my own. I felt really good from 9 to 11 mile, which happened to be the hilly section. I even climbed the hills with out loosing anytime. I started to feel a little ill after mile 11, plus I had some swelling. I soldered on and finished the 11 mile in 13:10. The last two miles I stepped up the pace even more and I finished the 13th mile in 12:40, the fastest I have ever walked in a mile. By the 13th mile I was all smiles. I was pretty sure that I was going to finish under 3 hours. The finish line was on a side street, so I really did not see it until I was only a few hundred feet from it. As I made the turn on the street, I saw the clock for the first time and it read roughly 2:56. I had worked so hard to be able to walk this fast and I actually was going to do it. I crossed the finish with an official time of 2:57:22.

After the race, the heels of my feet hurt. Yes, I had those crazy blisters on my heels again. This time they were really hurting. Today though, they have improved a lot and both heels are only bothering me a little bit. I was a little sore in the calves, but not really sore as I thought I would be. I thought for sure I would be wrecked after I cooled down, but it was not so. Wow, all the training has really made a difference. I think I am going to rest my feet this week and maybe hit the road again this weekend. I sure do not want to get lazy before I start my marathon training.

Have a great week Rebels! :)

Good Morning Rebels!

Here are some race pictures of me. :)

Lincoln Memorial Half Marathon 2010 - Bib # 160

I was wondering, is push mowing a fairly good sized lawn considered cross training? ;) That was my activity for most of the evening yesterday. Spring always seems to be a lot of yard work. However, the green grass does look pretty though.

Have a great Tuesday Rebels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter