The real reason I am against doing Palo Brunch

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by NY Disney fan, May 15, 2013.

1. JustLoveDisney

JustLoveDisney Mouseketeer

So can teenagers join you for brunch?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Moxin

Moxin Mouseketeer

Palo is 18 and over only.

4. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

If the teens are 18 or 19.

5. jetskigrl

jetskigrl No mumbojumbo here

Hum, we may have been underdressed when we went to brunch then. I put on a sundress, sandals and a light sweater. DH wore khakis and a polo shirt. I didn't feel too dressed up at all and we were both still comfortable.

Compared to some others we saw in Palo though, we were overdressed, LOL.

6. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

We dress Sunday nice (sundress and khakis) and love brunch for lunch around noon.

7. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

In 11 cruises and multiple Palo brunches I've never seen anyone admitted in blue jeans. Black or white denim, or colored denim, yes. But not blue jeans. Khakis are great and I've never been told I couldn't wear cropped pants with nice shoes. I saw two men turned away (different brunches) when they turned up in blue jeans. One started an argument, saying the blue jeans were all he had to wear. The manager wasn't budging.

8. psac

psac DIS Veteran

I think when it comes to dress code they can make broad rules like "no shorts or jeans." You could certainly argue that nice jeans are no less dressy than khakis, but many people do see it that way.

9. Moxin

Moxin Mouseketeer

Wellp, I stand corrected...just texted my exwife and she reminded me that I had worn my black jeans with nice black loafers.

10. daisywithak

daisywithak Mouseketeer

11. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

12. Davistigers

Davistigers Earning My Ears

Amen, CruiseCrasher! My hubby and I talk about the gorgonzola and grape pizza all the time whenever we mention Palo brunch. We're on the Magic in Alaska in 40 days and I can't wait to have it again. Yum! For those who are interested, it's one of their made-to-order thin crust style pizzas with "just right" sprinkling of crumbled gorgonzola cheese and halved red grapes. It's the unique, slightly sweet and salty combination that makes it delicious!

13. jetskigrl

I usually look at the total outfit before determining which would be more dressy. We saw one gentleman during bunch that had on khakis also, but his were very loose, carpenter style, rolled up at the bottom (so khaki basically just described the color, LOL). His shirt was untucked and he was wearing flip-flops (which I thought were a big no-no).

In this case, I would definitely consider a person in nice blue jeans with a button down shirt to be dressed nicer. :thumbsup2

So once again I had to explain to my DH (who wears jean shorts every day, all year long) that there was a dress code and I don't know why it wasn't enforced. He didn't believe me :confused3

14. jetskigrl

I may get thrown off this board but DH and I tried it based on all the positive reviews here and neither of us liked it. But then neither of us are foodies so we don't have very refined palates. We are more pepperoni and sausage pizza kind of people :rotfl:

15. DisneyNurse19

DisneyNurse19 Mouseketeer

Sorry, think you mean the Wonder :confused3

16. DisneyNurse19

DisneyNurse19 Mouseketeer

I am booked for Brunch at 10am on our Magic Cruise.:cool1: Thought it was going to be too early but decided it will be the right time otherwise we wont be able to eat dinner.:crazy2: I wear a lot of jeans at home so quite like having the chance to dress up, have just bought a new dress from Marks and Spencer especially for the Brunch ;)

17. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

I put my DH loves it. I'm vegan, so I've never tried it, though I do love the berry pizza they've made me in the past. We just got off the Magic, wasn't it heading to Europe next?

18. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

I have also witnessed multiple people turned away and change in order to eat with the rest of their party at Palo for both jeans and shorts. We had the private room in 2011 on the Wonder and the manager came to let us know that two of the guests who were on our reservation would not be joining us because they were wearing jeans and said they didn't bring anything that would comply with the dresscode. He even offered to provide them with clothing then as well as for our dinner reservation later in the cruise, but they declined.

19. VAB2013

VAB2013 Earning My Ears

We were on the May 5-9 Dream. We booked Palo brunch after we boarded. The cast member who took our reservation was very clear with us about the dress code. Maybe we looked like the type of people who wouldn't dress well :confused3 Regardless we came away with a complete understanding of what we were expected to wear :thumbsup2

20. mommy2tati

mommy2tati DIS Veteran

One person (man) from my party was turned asked to change out of his blue jeans for brunch. My girlfriend and I both had on sundresses and nice sandals.

21. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

In 29 DCL cruises I have never seen anyone in Jeans at Palo...brunch or dinner. Our friend was turned away (I told him no jeans) and he had to go back and change.

MJ