The Rainbow Lounge - LGBT Chit Chat

What do we think about a Rainbow Lounge?

• Loving it, I'll be here every day. This IS now officially my new homepage on all devices!

• I'm in between. Fun idea but I don't really have much to say at the moment *puts it on watched*

• What's this? I chit chat where ever I want.

Results are only viewable after voting.
My husband & I never had a single issue at Disney in the 13 years we have been going. We pose with characters together, hold hands, one king bed, etc. No problems. However we never do heavy PDA in public, Disney nor elsewhere. Don't think you have anything to worry about. Have a great time.
Thanks for you reaction. I'm going to Disney for fun and not for heavy PDY But sometimes I can be very enthusiastic :-)

Back in 2014 my wife and I went to WDW for our honeymoon. Being it was our honeymoon we did hold hands in the parks all the time and occasionally kiss each other as well, but were never all over each other in public. Nothing was ever said to either of us and we didn't even notice stares.

Hello, In april 2017 I'll be for the first time in WDW ! What is is your experiance as a gay in WDW ? I love have a picture with characters ... is this not a little bit strange when I want this with my friend I'm ?

Hey Magic We spent our honeymoon there last April and will be back this april. My DH ran around one day in a"Just Hitched! He lost Everything and I Got It All!" shirt. Not an issue to be found. It was great. You have nothing to be worried about.

Hey Magic We spent our honeymoon there last April and will be back this april. My DH ran around one day in a"Just Hitched! He lost Everything and I Got It All!" shirt. Not an issue to be found. It was great. You have nothing to be worried about.
Good to know

Just finding this thread and popping in.

Leaving on Friday for our next Disney cruise. Can't wait to be back.

On the "current" topic, my DH and I were married two years ago and spent our honeymoon on the Disney Magic (our 4th) cruise together and a couple of days at the park. We've never experienced anything but positives with Disney. Our first day on board and the first day in the park we worn t-shirts with a silouette of the castle that said Just Married. Received lots of congrats and romantic turn down service on the ship.

Fully admit the very first time I went in to Magic Kingdom with my husband, I wasn't sure what the reaction would be if we held hands. But ever since, I just don't care. Disney loves everyone :) Same on the Dream, there was never any reaction from other guests that we were two mid-30s men that were obviously together with no kids lol.

Okay, a more serious topic... maybe we can get some people to stop lurking and post!

Explain, in as many sentences as you care to use, why Disney is so important, or what Disney means, to you.

Hi. This is my first time posting:flower1:

I have loved Disney since I was a kid. My parents took my siblings and I to Disneyland several times and I loved every trip. My wife loves Disney as much as I do, and we've visited Disney World several times now. We went there for our honeymoon and will be going again this September for our ten year anniversary.

I love theme parks in general and am a roller coaster fanatic, but the theming and detail of the Disney parks cannot be found anywhere else. I also like that it allows adults to be kids for a bit. I am lawyer, which is often stressful, so it is nice to be able to go to a place where you can have fun, be yourself and not be judged.

Hi. This is my first time posting:flower1:

I have loved Disney since I was a kid. My parents took my siblings and I to Disneyland several times and I loved every trip. My wife loves Disney as much as I do, and we've visited Disney World several times now. We went there for our honeymoon and will be going again this September for our ten year anniversary.

I love theme parks in general and am a roller coaster fanatic, but the theming and detail of the Disney parks cannot be found anywhere else. I also like that it allows adults to be kids for a bit. I am lawyer, which is often stressful, so it is nice to be able to go to a place where you can have fun, be yourself and not be judged.
Welcome, and I agree. From the first time I've been to Disneyland to every time I visit Disneyworld when I walk under those arches I just don't think about anything outside of those walls. It truly is a magical place. When will you be there in September. I'll be there too. There will be a lot to do with food and wine going on, but also MNSSHP. That makes scheduling a little challenging.

Welcome, and I agree. From the first time I've been to Disneyland to every time I visit Disneyworld when I walk under those arches I just don't think about anything outside of those walls. It truly is a magical place. When will you be there in September. I'll be there too. There will be a lot to do with food and wine going on, but also MNSSHP. That makes scheduling a little challenging.

We are going from September 1st to 18th. We are driving down from Canada, so it is going to be an epic trip. It is our first time there in September and our first time going to the halloween party, so I am very excited. In addition to celebrating our anniversary, we are going with a friend and her daughters for the first week, for one of her kid's 18th birthday. They are not telling her until they fly out the day before her birthday, and then she will get a second surprise when my wife and I meet them at Disney. It is going to be fun.

We are going from September 1st to 18th. We are driving down from Canada, so it is going to be an epic trip. It is our first time there in September and our first time going to the halloween party, so I am very excited. In addition to celebrating our anniversary, we are going with a friend and her daughters for the first week, for one of her kid's 18th birthday. They are not telling her until they fly out the day before her birthday, and then she will get a second surprise when my wife and I meet them at Disney. It is going to be fun.
That is going to be awesome. I'll be down from the 5th of sept till the 14th. I'm going with two of my friends who are first timers. Should be fun all around.

Hi All, first post on these forums - been watching the podcast for ages and it's nearly time for our first trip to WDW! So excited!!

One quick question, my fiancée and I are both trans women flying over from the UK for the first time. I'm fairly laid back, but my partner is worried about the reaction we may get from other guests - especially when it comes to using the restrooms, or engaging in subtle PDAs in the parks. Especially given the way bathroom bills and general anti-trans sentiment seems to be on the rise in the US (as it is to a lesser extent here). This is a lifelong-dream holiday for us, especially her, and I'd hate for it to be ruined by any confrontation or horrible comments.

Does anyone have any idea if we're likely to encounter any problems? The odd funny look is expected, but hopefully nothing more. Not that this should matter but in terms of appearance, we both generally go about our business without incident when alone. Being together seems to out us more quickly and (on rare occasions) attract stupid comments and I think that's her main worry.

Also - we're staying on site most of the time, but going to venture to the Florida Mall and catch an Orlando Magic game one night. Any tips for that? I've heard some of the areas near Amway are a little 'unwelcoming'

Welcom GemKate. I don't know about the Florida Mall or the Amway center so I can't really help you there. But I can help with Disney. First where are you staying? Just wondering for my curiosity. But honestly I don't think you will have many problems with any bathroom issues. I would find the bathrooms that are in constant use and not a line, most people are in their own little world as they wander through the parks, its only when they actually are standing in line do they stop and actually look around. I actually find Disney very welcoming. The year before I was in Disney Springs and holding a friends hand and didn't get any looks. My brother and his husband will sometimes hold hands and still eyes on the next destination people.

Most importantly it's your trip. Enjoy it. Have fun, and I'm sure the Mouse will treat you right.

Are there any LGBT meetup threads going for 2017? If so, I'd like to participate... I see there's one for 2016 but now that horrible year is behind us, we can move on to better and brighter things!

Welcom GemKate. I don't know about the Florida Mall or the Amway center so I can't really help you there. But I can help with Disney. First where are you staying? Just wondering for my curiosity. But honestly I don't think you will have many problems with any bathroom issues. I would find the bathrooms that are in constant use and not a line, most people are in their own little world as they wander through the parks, its only when they actually are standing in line do they stop and actually look around. I actually find Disney very welcoming. The year before I was in Disney Springs and holding a friends hand and didn't get any looks. My brother and his husband will sometimes hold hands and still eyes on the next destination people.

Most importantly it's your trip. Enjoy it. Have fun, and I'm sure the Mouse will treat you right.

Thanks Elsa, I'm pretty sure we'll be fine and figured most people will be too busy being on their own holiday to take much notice of us - just looking to put my partner at ease. It's good to hear that the place is generally ok. We're staying at Old Key West, just over two weeks to go now!

Thanks Elsa, I'm pretty sure we'll be fine and figured most people will be too busy being on their own holiday to take much notice of us - just looking to put my partner at ease. It's good to hear that the place is generally ok. We're staying at Old Key West, just over two weeks to go now!
With just over two weeks, I wouldn't really have a lot of worry, still should be slow, but picking up a bit as spring break is starting for some places. I think you will have a great time.

Hey all. So I went down to FL for the first time in probably 25 years in January to go to Universal. I stayed on property at the bay lake tower since my friend who i was traveling with was a DVC member. The experience totally sold me and I ended up leaving a DVC member myself. Now I'm planning my first trip back to disney in 30 years in September with some friends. Hoping to meet some people, DVC member or otherwise, for friends. I'm Tony

Welcome to another Bostonian (I'm in the burbs but still..)! Congrats on the DVC. In the process of buying a DVC as well, can't wait to close and plan our August trip.

Hey thanks! Burbs here too I live up by the NH border. Did you buy through Disney or resale? I got a small package through Disney so I get the perks but I am closing on a resale contract next month. Looking forward to my September trip.

We went resale, it was the only way I was going to get my hubby to agree to the purchase so no member perks for us just yet. We choose AK as our home resort as it was a resort we would enjoy if we couldn't get a room elsewhere and the points/price worked out. I'd like to add on a small direct contract at another resort to give us another 11 month option and the extra benefits, but that will have to wait a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter