The Pink Side of the Force ~ May 2014 ~ Are we there yet? (Updated 3/21)

Phew... had a scare there. I thought we were going to have to cancel our trip just after I bought our airfare. I got laid off from my job. Thankfully, I found a new one in a week so no need to cancel! Go go Seattle tech industry! Anyway, got my memory maker card in the mail the other day and eagerly awaiting our window to make our FP+ selections. Did I read correctly that you can make a BOG lunch fastpass and it doesn't count to your 3? If that is the case, we'll need to add that onto our agenda for one of our MK days. Friends also got DD an Ariel costume for christmas. She came up to me today and asked: "Mommy, can I wear this at Disneyworld?" I guess she has her own little countdown going in her head.

Lucky you!!! So glad the job worked out for you.

Nope the BOG lunch FP doesn't count toward you 3 for the park. Nice!!! :)

Adorable! :) Can I wear this to DW. Of course!! so sweet!

Just moved DD into her new big girl room. It's princess decorated, of course. What does this have to do with our trip, you ask? It opens up her old room to become a sewing room. Hoping I can get that set up asap so that I can start working on my disney projects. I have a princess sundress I want to make as well as a star wars ruffle top and shorts for her.

Can it be May already please?

Plan updates... I went back and forth on changing our adult night out from California Grill to the yachtsman steakhouse to try something different and to be closer to DHS to watch the special fireworks show. Ultimately, decided to stay with CG as we have a 7:30 adr and will probably get to see Wishes from our table (or we hope we will).

Annnnnd....

My mom has now agreed to come with us. So I suppose it's time to update the thread with information about her. We are treating her as she was so sad she was going to miss all the fun. My DD adores her momo so it seemed an easy call to make.

Now to deal with changing all the ADRs from 3 to 4 people. The only one I'm worried about/can't change is our BoG dinner. When I looked, there was nothing available on the date we had selected. I'm hoping since we are just going from a party of 3 to a party of 4, it will not be an issue. There are no 3 person tables out there, are there? Most 3 person parties get sat at a 4 top (or so I'm hoping).

Do you still need pattern recommendation? 90% of my kiddos wardrobes are mommy made (my girls term, or "complete awesomeness" if you ask my oldest) so I know a bit about sewing for girls :)

Do you still need pattern recommendation? 90% of my kiddos wardrobes are mommy made (my girls term, or "complete awesomeness" if you ask my oldest) so I know a bit about sewing for girls :)

I would love one :) So yes please!

Super excited. I found an etsy shop that makes Star Wars themed headband type Mickey ears.

Getting closer and closer to the trip!

Thanks for mentioning the etsy shop I am going to check that out! I will be down for the first two of the SWW and think the special Ears would be a fun idea :goodvibes

Thanks for mentioning the etsy shop I am going to check that out! I will be down for the first two of the SWW and thing the special Ears would be a fun idea :goodvibes

They are really super cute looking. I can't wait to get mine. I went with the black and white star wars fabric plus sparkly bow.

And in planning news...

Canceled Spirit of Aloha. Just wasn't getting good feelings about it based on things I read. Going to do Coral Reef for dinner that night so that my mom can actually go and somewhere else for lunch.

We'll be there the same time!

I'm sewing for the trip, too. I recommend Scientific Seamstress patterns (Simply Sweet is a great one). I also like the Create Kid Couture peasant pattern for easy princess dresses. If you want something more frilly and intermediate sewing, check out FooFooThreads!

Happy planning and sewing! Are you going to try and hit up any of Disney 24?

Happy planning and sewing! Are you going to try and hit up any of Disney 24?

DH and I may head to MK after our California Grill dinner the day of Disney 24. We had been planning on DHS that day for Star Wars things. DD will be at the AKL kid's club that night so we may as well take advantage :)

We have an early day the next day with hitting MK again for CRT breakfast so not sure how late we'll stay out.

Thanks for the pattern recommendations!

Welp, that's done. FP+ reservations made last night. Now to start second guessing EVERYTHING. We did manage to snag that Elsa/Anna FP+ but not on the initial day I tried. I'm thinking people are grabbing those as quickly as they can. Only being able to FP+ Star Tours once gave me the sads as well. I'm terrified we'll only get to ride once and that one time we'll be sent to Naboo.

Anyway, the plans as they stand now.. :)

Wed, 5/21 - Epcot

Check into AKL after staying one night at AoA
10:50-11:50 Soarin' FP+
12:30 ADR San Angel Inn (lunch)
2:30ish head back to resort to meet my mom and take mid-day break
5-6pm Figment FP+
6:10-7:10pm Turtle Crush FP+

7:30pm Coral Reef ADR (dinner)

Thurs, 5/22 - MK

8am Rope drop for EMH
8am - first FP+ - Hoping to ride Space Mountain and Mine ride at a minimum
10:10-11:10 - Rapunzel & Cinderella FP+
Noon - Crystal Palace ADR (lunch)
1:15-2:15 Enchanted Tales with Belle FP+
2:20-3:20 Splash Mountain FP+
3:30ish - Head back to resort for Mid-day break
7pm - Arrive at Fort Wilderness for Carriage ride around grounds
8:30 Hoop Dee Doo ADR (dinner)

Friday, 5/23 - DHS

7:30ish arrival at DHS (just DH and me)
until first FP+ - Star Tours, RnR, Star Tours some more
10-11 Star Tours FP+ (Mom and DD will join for this)
11:25-11:35 (what is with this 10 minute return time?) - Voyage of the Little Mermaid
12:05pm 50's Prime Time adr (Lunch)
1:50-2:50pm TSM FP+
3ish - Back to resort for midday break
7:30 -California Grill adr (dinner - just the adults, DD at kid's club at AKL)
Post dinner - Mom returns to AKL to get DD. DH & I go to 24 hour event at MK to checkout the chaos

Saturday, 5/24 - MK

8:15am - CRT adr (breakfast)
10:10-11:10 - Haunted Mansion FP+ (will change for Mine ride)
11:10-12:10 - Space Mountain FP+ (DH & Me), Tomorrowland Speedway (Mom & DD)

12:45 - Liberty Tree Travern adr (lunch) - may cancel this
1:45-2:45 - Meet Anna/Elsa FP+
3:30ish - Return to hotel for midday break
7:15 - Boma ADR (dinner)

Sunday, 5/25 - AKL & DHS

6:30am - Sunrise Safari
9-10am - Expedition Everest FP+
10:10-11:10 am - Dinosaur FP+

11:30ish - Flame Tree (lunch)
12:30-1:30pm - Kali River Rapids FP+
3ish - return to AKL for short break
5:45pm - Brown Derby ADR (dinner)
9pm - Fantasmic
Hope to catch Fireworks at DHS

Monday, 5/26 - MK

10:30am - Disney Perfect Princess Tea Party (DD, Mom and me)
3:30-4:30 - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad FP+
4:40-5:40pm - Meet Ariel FP+

6:15pm - BOG adr (dinner)
7:30-8:30 - Space Mountain FP+ (DH & me), Journey of Little Mermaid (DD & Mom)
9pm - Wishes Dessert Party

Tuesday, 5/27 - MK & Tears

8:05am - Kona Cafe adr (breakfast)
10:10-11:10 - Haunted Mansion FP+
11:10-12:10 - Space Mountain FP+

12:25pm - Plaza Inn adr (lunch)
1:10-2:10pm - Pirates FP+

Leave and get on our way to the airport :(

Awesome plans :)

We are 6 days away from our trip!!

Glad you were able to get an Ana & Elsa FP. Just think when they release Seven Dwarf Min Train FP. It will be crazy!!

Awesome plans :)
We are 6 days away from our trip!!

YAY! You are going to have a blast!

Glad you were able to get an Ana & Elsa FP. Just think when they release Seven Dwarf Min Train FP. It will be crazy!!

Yes on Ana and Elsa. There is a thread on the theme park forum where people are having zero luck getting the times they want or having to split their group up to get FP+ return times that work for huge groups. I am thinking that will be a line that is long even for FP+ returns.

The Seven Dwarf stuff is truly going to be insane as well. I'll just keep stalking these forums and hoping someone (well I KNOW someone will) will post as soon as they add FP+ for that attraction.

I am curious what they are going to do about Snow White, though. DD can meet her at CRT but it isn't the same as one of the meet & greets.

I'm a bit frantic now and all aflutter. The announcement of the Star Wars character meals put me into a frenzy. I switched our 50's Prime Time lunch for a 10:30 Star Wars Dine-In breakfast. The chance to take pictures with Darth Vader, Boba Fett and others without having to stand in line was too much to resist.

This means we'll be eating more of a 'brunch' than a lunch that day so time to start shopping around for what type of afternoon snacks we want.

SO EXCITE! DD will probably be rolling her eyes at mommy and daddy at this meal but that's ok. Time for her to start getting embarrassed by her parents :)

I'm a bit frantic now and all aflutter. The announcement of the Star Wars character meals put me into a frenzy. I switched our 50's Prime Time lunch for a 10:30 Star Wars Dine-In breakfast. The chance to take pictures with Darth Vader, Boba Fett and others without having to stand in line was too much to resist. This means we'll be eating more of a 'brunch' than a lunch that day so time to start shopping around for what type of afternoon snacks we want. SO EXCITE! DD will probably be rolling her eyes at mommy and daddy at this meal but that's ok. Time for her to start getting embarrassed by her parents :)

Congrats ! You know the minute I saw that breakfast was available I thought of you :)

I am glad you grabbed a time slot!

Trip paid off!!!!!!!!! :dance3:

And there was much rejoicing. Getting super close to the trip and I really need to get off my non-sewing butt and get to making those things I wanted to make. *cues up the sewing montage music..whatever that is*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter