The Pineapple Princesses and Steve take on the World!!!---June 24-July 1, 2013

JennyWren

Mouseketeer
(I know it's EXTREMELY early to start a pre-trip report, but I just need to share with others who can understand my enthusiasm :goodvibes)

I'll start with the basics, since that's all I've got thus far anyway.

Who???

DSCN0363

:cutie: Jenny (that's me), 35
Favorites: MK, Dole Whip, COP (I'm basically a classic Disney person)
Previous Trips: Off-site 88, 90; CBR 92?; Dixie Landings 94, PO 98;
POR 05; POFQ 07; POR 09; Pop 11; ASMo/DCL 12
*Married to a non-Disney person
*Never been to the parks in the summer

DSCN0124

:hyper: Anna (DD), 14
Favorites: DDP, The Land, anything that makes her brother scream
Previous Trips: PO 98; POR 05; POFQ 07; POR 09
*extremely short attention span
* hasn't got a complete grasp on reality

DSCN0164

:wizard: Steve (DS), 12
Favorites: Jungle Cruise, AK, Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
(Do you see a theme here?)
Previous Trips: POR 05; POFQ 07; POR 09
*Diagnosed with autism
*mostly non-verbal
* sensory issues and some anxiety

:woohoo: Heather (Dcousin)
Favorites: MK, 50s PrimeTime
Previous Trips: AKL 08

:flower3: Grace (DcousinD), 13
Favorites: Chip and Dale, Madhatter and AK
Previous Trips: AKL 08

and (unless she changes her mind, since it's either this trip or a graduation party):

:bitelip: Krista (DstepD), 18
Favorites: Tower of Terror, Epcot and Belle
Previous Trips: Off-site 97?; POFQ 07; POR 09

What???

A husband-less, father-less trip (we can't really call it girls' only)

When???

June 24-July 1, 2013

Where???

Heavily leaning towards POR with a Royal Guest Room, but who knows where a really good pin code might lead us...;)

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

:welcome: Heather, I'm glad you found our pre-trip report.

:goodvibes It's going to be fabulous.:goodvibes

Planning is half of the fun...at least I think so...:rolleyes1

So far, our only definites are 50s Prime Time and Garden View Tea. Although I'm not sure if everyone will be doing tea or not, it might just be me and DS since he is the only one pushing for it.

Dcousin ate at 50s when they were there and loved it. This will be my bunch's first time, though we have had it on our list for some time.

Anyway, that's the update thus far.

Tonight we are having a Toy Story theme night to kick off our countdown.

Only 13 more months to go...:coffee:

Two more definites added:

Mama Melrose's with the Fantasmic! Dinner Package, that way we will avoid Steven having a meltdown from waiting 2 hours in a crowded line for the show.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe on a DTD night.

Only 393 more days to go....

375 days....:cool1:

To celebrate we are having a Lilo & Stitch theme night. I will post pictures tomorrow.

***UPDATE***

My brother showed up unexpectedly, so we will be visiting with him tonight. Lilo & Stitch theme night has been rescheduled for tomorrow night.

No pics...:sad2: We ended up with a house full of people and things got out of hand.

We did have movie night, though. I served Cayenne Coconut Chicken Tenders, fresh fruit and pineapple upside down cake. We combined it with a weiner roast since we had lots of people.

Hoping that our next movie night goes smoother...oh, well....the best laid plans...:rolleyes:

370 days to go....:cheer2:

Alright, so 2013 package prices came out this morning and I can finally put some concrete numbers down for my budget. My theory is that if I plan for rack rates any discount that I can get can be for 'extras.' :thumbsup2

Also after going over my calender, it occurs to me that I miscalculated which weekend the kids would be with their father, so I'm now planning June 24-July 1st. That is just to be on the safe side, since both of us get two weeks vacation, but I don't know what he will be choosing for his vacation weeks. If he doesn't take the week that leads up to my vacation, I may still be able to go with my original dates. :confused3

I made a countdown calender for our trip, since DS has trouble with the concept of time--hopefully this helps. We will be having mini celebrations every so often just to make things more fun.

DSCN9917 by JennyWren226, on Flickr

So, I'm playing with my food, so to speak....my budget that is...:rotfl:

Since DH and I are going in Oct. for two days prior to our cruise, and I now have 8 days budgeted for this trip...I need 10 days worth of passes, however I only need 8 w/ WPFM + PH, and 2 with just PH...If I buy a premium annual pass, I could also buy a TIW card...The price difference between the PAP + TIW and the two separate length of stay passes is $169.

Is it worth it to do TIW? Will I save at least $169? I think so, but if Free Dining is offered for our dates, I'm not eligible for a package because I will be using the annual pass. Is that correct? :confused3

Another definite added, Yak & Yeti. None of us have ate there, but we like the menu.

Also, pondering a character breakfast for our last morning....maybe Crystal Palace or CRT...:scratchin

No major decisions have been made...however I do have an update. DSD (Krista) has decided against making the trip with us.

Also, just got back from DH & I's kid-less WDW/DCL getaway and while I was hoping for a bounceback offer to use for this trip it did not happen...oh, well here is hoping for a great pin code. pixiedust:

**********UPDATE**********

Well, it's been a hell of a two months since I last posted on the trip plans. I'm really going to need this vacation by the time it rolls around.

As it stands, it looks like Heather and Grace will not be joining us due to commitments to a destination wedding this spring.

I do have the ADRs made and I don't think that I will be changing them much---but one never knows. Here is where they stand now:

Day #1--Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package

Day #2--Garden View Tea Room
Hacienda de San Angel

Day #3--Yak & Yeti
Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe

Day #4--Captain's Grille or Coral Reef (have ADRs for both, need to cancel one)

Day #5--Be Our Guest

Day #6--Raglan Road

Day #7--'Ohana

Day #8--Yet to be Determined???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter