The parks on 4th of July

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by dkhurley, Jun 29, 2012.

1. dkhurley

dkhurley Mouseketeer

I want to go to EPCOT to start the day, but go to Magic Kingdom later in the day. I have been at Magic Kingdom on New Years Eve so I know crowds usually suck, but what time does Magic Kingdom usually re-open after closing to capacity?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dmband

dmband DIS Veteran

I go at July 4th a lot and have never seen it close
    I have seen it get to resort guests only but never close and being a we'd this yr the crowds are generally smaller, not enough you realize it but enough that closing the park I doubt will happen

4. I Love Pluto

I Love Pluto DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>I guess that make

We were there once on July 4th - about 10 years ago. We were at the MK before 9 AM, so we were assured of having a place.

Late morning - they did close the park for a few hours - Maybe from about 11 until 2 or so - but they opened it back up again after 2 PM. It stayed open for the rest of the night.

The fireworks at night were worth any inonvenience we went through that day. Disney really outdid themselves. I will NEVER forget them! They were beautiful! :goodvibes

5. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Can you go to the Magic Kingdom on the 3rd? They show the special fireworks that night too, but the park will be a smidge less packed. Then you can stay in Epcot on the 4th, and see the extended version of Illuminations. That is really great too!

6. dkhurley

dkhurley Mouseketeer

Sadly, I can't go on the 3rd. Everyone I've talked to has said the 3rd is better and going to Epcot on the 4th is more recommended. I think we're just going to go to Magic Kingdom for the whole day because we have been on New Years Eve and know that the only way to get stuff done is to be there early and get the headlining rides over with.