The pang of jealousy...

minmate

I can show you the world... Don't you dare close y
As your final days of a Disney vacation dwindle, do you become super aware of those around you who seem to be just starting their trip and get a pang of jealousy? I know I do!
You know, when on that last day or two you pass by the check-in line in the lobby or you overhear people in line or on the bus talking about how they've just arrived and have a week of vacation ahead of them yet? I'm happy for them, but at the same time, it makes me envious you know?

What are some strategies you employ to stave off the post-Disney vacation blues?

I can tell you I go out of my way to bask in that feeling you have JUST upon arrival.. the world is your oyster.. your entire vacation lays before you and you have just moments before you DIVE into it.

THAT is a great feeling.. I savor that for almost the first 3 days each trip.. till the halfway point for sure.

:)

Knox

1) Nope.
2) However, I did swat a kid once for yelling "I'm going to Disney World".
3) That'll teach him for taunting me as I was leaving!
4) Other than that, i uSWUalLY hANDle ThE JEaLOusY PreTtY wEll.

I can not tell you how sad it makes me feel when our trip is over. The last two days are awful. I don't know that I would call it jealous. I do my best to talk DH into planning another trip.:wizard: I love the moment and evening after first checking in. For me it is the most Magical. Everyone is happy and excited to be there.

I know this feeling well! The first couple of days are great especially when you see other people having to check out. I feel bad that they have to leave but then I'm so glad it's not me. Then about halfway thru is when I start to be jealous of people who are checking in. Now how bad is this? I am going May 27 thru June 3 and I even now am jealous of the people on the boards who are going after me! I know after I am home they will still have their trip to look forward to! I need help!:rotfl:

Not really jealous but I do get the Disney Blues when it get time for our trip to be over. I do look at those people checking in and wish I was them. It helped me alot if I know when our next trip will be so I can start planning it as soon as I get home. I hope this year will be better because we will have annual passes for the first time so we will be making some weekend trips.

LOL, DH always tells me the night before our flight to go down there, "Enjoy this feeling, I know you are tired from all the planning and packing, but enjoy it. You will never feel as excited and happy on this vacation as you do right now." He says it every trip.

And he is so right...

Jo

1) Nope.
2) However, I did swat a kid once for yelling "I'm going to Disney World".
3) That'll teach him for taunting me as I was leaving!
4) Other than that, i uSWUalLY hANDle ThE JEaLOusY PreTtY wEll.

This is too funny.

We start planning our next trip while we are down there. Gives us something to look forward to. Although when we are leaving the resort I start to cry as I don't want to go but we have our next trip in the works. So it makes me feel a bit better.

I am SO jealous of all of you right now! For the past 2 days I've been quoting packages and getting teary because I just don't think I can afford one right now. I have to say that I have been very fortunate to go to a lot of very cool places this year, but I miss me some DISNEY!

So now I'm trolling to codes boards and ordering planning DVDs in the hopes of being one of the lucky few that gets a code. *sigh* I just keep telling myself that I need to just relax for a year and save up some money for OTHER things!! Argh - I'm so hopeless.

So if anyone wants to throw some charity my way to enable (and I use this word full-well knowing it's true meaning) for a solo trip in 2008, I'd be your best friend *said in a sing-songy way*! :hug:

I'm TOTALLY feelin' the blues right now- we just got back last night! :sad1: I had to keep it together b/c my DD was all tears on the DME back to the airport, saying how she just wanted to stay one more day.
It doesn't help one bit that I left beautiful weather (well, it did thunderstorm as we left yesterday, but all the days of our vacation were quite nice!) and came home to about 10 degrees and lots of snow- it took forever to warm the van up last night from the airport lot and to scrape all the snow/ice off of it (I was the lucky one to do that job since DH didn't even have a coat! My feet were soaked b/c all I had on were my sneakers!)
I'm already having Disney withdrawal and there is no end in sight for me; my DH made it quite clear that we won't be going back for at least another 2 to 3 YEARS!:scared1: (So, if anyone has any insight on how to convince your loved one that a Disney trip is needed before that, please share!) I guess I'll just continue to hang out here in DIS world for now...

I guess I'll just try to look at it as a sign of a good vacation, when there's that sadness attached to it being over.

I love what a PP's dh says about enjoying the moment as the vacation begins. It's so true. And maybe, this sounds weird, but I really love the anticipation, the sense of all the possibilities of how the time will unfold... there are literally millions of different ways Disney vacations unfold for people, whether they go as planned or not!

I wish I could say that I could come home and immediately start planning another vacation back but despite our recent string of going (nearly) every year it hasn't and might not always be that way.

I do think Disney should pay a commission to the DIS b/c while we're much like a "support group" I find the DIS to be a Trip Enabling Group too. I'd probably not have the "itch" to go back so intensely if I didn't have the Dis... and I don't mean that in a bad way at all!

The last night is awful, otherwise I don't think of it. I'm more jealous now (I recently returned) because I don't have another trip in the works.

I just planned a last minute trip for next week, I am kind of feeling cheated out of all the anticipation.

The feeling really hits me when I see everyone checking in and I'm checking out, and the feeling at MCO Airport as I sit and await my plane home and see others just landing with the excitement on their faces is almost unbearable. I have to admit though when I arrive in Orlando I'm doing my own "I'm going to Disney strut" and I'm so glad I'm not in those seats waiting to go home!

Oh I totally know what you mean! I love the anticipation of things, the wondering what it will be like, planning, dreaming,etc. I love seeing my ticker go down (it started this trip at like 400 days!). But at the same time, this is the sick part, as the ticker gets smaller, I know my trip is almost over. And it hasn't even begun! :lmao: So sad and twisted that way of thinking.

I feel good till the halfway mark. Then I start counting down. The night before departure is awful, packing up, seeing people just arriving and yes feeling very jealous. The last trip I had several days of real sadness when we got home. I remember crying in my kitchen.:sad1:

The solution? I think having another trip on the horizon will be helpful. We have a January 2009 trip for the Half Marathon and an August 2009 Mom and Me trip for my oldest and I on the horizon so I hope those will curb some of the PDD, Post Disney Depression.

Allyson

I can't say that really bothers me, but I'll tell you what did. DD was 39 1/2" during our trip last week, which meant she got measured and turned away from lots of rides. If one more CM said something to me along the lines of "oh sorry, looks like next year will be your year!" I swear I was going to deck them. I think so many people at Disney just assume that people go yearly, or more often than that, but that's not the case for us. This was our family's first trip, and the last time I was there was 5 years ago when just ds and I went along with my family. We aren't all blessed enough to afford such vacations every year, so please don't get my kids to thinking we have another trip around the corner. :mad:

I can't say that really bothers me, but I'll tell you what did. DD was 39 1/2" during our trip last week, which meant she got measured and turned away from lots of rides. If one more CM said something to me along the lines of "oh sorry, looks like next year will be your year!" I swear I was going to deck them. I think so many people at Disney just assume that people go yearly, or more often than that, but that's not the case for us. This was our family's first trip, and the last time I was there was 5 years ago when just ds and I went along with my family. We aren't all blessed enough to afford such vacations every year, so please don't get my kids to thinking we have another trip around the corner. :mad:

Ooh, that's a tough one! I presume by the photo of her that she was old enough to more or less "get" that comment. Frustrating! Nice that they're trying to look on the bright side of things but unless that guarantee of "next year being your next year" comes with tickets, room and airfare, it's a bittersweet comment huh?

ON dpearture day DH is outta here attitude as he really hates to leave. Me on the other hand have no problem with gettting thrown out of the resort or the park.

Sadly, he is ready to head back in the am. I on the other hand want to squeeze every lat drop out of vacation!

I was determined not to be sad as our two trips were ending & I made sure I wasn't. But I was somewhat jealous at the airport when I saw people just arriving and I knew they were going to WDW. (And I was just a wee bit blue when we arrived home).

But made a concious effort NOT to let it get me down while I was still in the Park!

As your final days of a Disney vacation dwindle, do you become super aware of those around you who seem to be just starting their trip and get a pang of jealousy? I know I do!
You know, when on that last day or two you pass by the check-in line in the lobby or you overhear people in line or on the bus talking about how they've just arrived and have a week of vacation ahead of them yet? I'm happy for them, but at the same time, it makes me envious you know?

What are some strategies you employ to stave off the post-Disney vacation blues?

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I do lol. I am always like awww they are just starting thier vacation and I am leaving :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter