The One Where I Forget to Take Pics - A December 2015 Dining Report - COMPLETED, 2/8: Boma

Hello! Have started planning for my March 2017 spring break trip!(maybe later if Pandora isn't open yet). Love your PTR's and your TR's, so decided to try the dinning reviews as well.

I'll be totally honest here... This one normally wouldn't be my first choice. But my aunt has problems with gluten, so I let her choose where we went for dinner. I pulled up on my phone the menus for different MK quick-service places, and she picked this one because she felt it had the best options for her. So off to Tomorrowland we went! It was mobbed, as usual, but we still managed to get our food and grab a table. Thennnnnnn... I took no photos. Whoops! To Google we go!

That is great though that she found something gluten free that would work for her!

I was surprised how good this was! Normally mass-produced bbq like this has a weird aftertaste to me, but this didn't at all.

I'm with ya on that one. I tend to never order BBQ at anywhere other than bonafied BBQ places just because of that weird aftertaste!

And I'm a sucker for an omelet, sooooo...

I have to be way in the mood for eggs, I'm strange sometimes they make me feel queezy for some reason :crazy2: but this omelet looks delish! Love mushrooms in omelettes, but is gotta be pretty much bleeding cheese too!

It's OHANA time!!!

Whoop, whoop!! :dancer:

Ohana Bread Pudding à la mode with Bananas-Caramel Sauce:

Super yumzers!!

And the gluten-free dessert they made for my aunt... I think it was a gluten-free ice-cream and chocolate sauce, three chocolate soft-baked gluten-free cookies, and mixed berries (blackber

That gluten free dessert they brought out for your Aunt looks awesome! I would have been really happy with that!

Yummy - I especially appreciate that the dishes are half eaten. Truly - it shows that the foot was delicious!
It really was delicious, every bit of it!

Love your photo. How on earth did you manage to get the cosmic ray's logo on there ; )
The magic of Googling other people's photos! :laughing:

Surprising indeed. Good to know there is another good QS option in MK
I was shocked! But I can only vouch for the bbq sandwich personally.

This looked good until I got to the dreaded extra mushrooms ; ) Looks like a huge omelet though
The mushrooms are the BEST PART!

OMG these looks amazing. I read Poly started delivering 'Ohana to the rooms. Think there is any chance they can just deliver it to me house instead ; ) In my post New Years Eve craving greasy food stopper I could devour about ten plates of these right now.
Wait, what? You can have Ohana delivered to your ROOM now?!?! BRB, going to change my reservations from Beach Club to the Polynesian.... :rotfl:

Yum shrimp. Do they leave the shell's on. Love it that way and you don't see it very often.
Yep, shells on, you gotta peel 'em to eat 'em! (Too much work for me!)

Great job Billie!!!!!!!!
Thanks, Kari! :thumbsup2

It would not have been mine either but it sounds like you enjoyed it. Will keep in mind for future visits.
I was surprised! I went into it expecting it to be awful, but it really wasn't bad!

Oh, me too. I can't be bothered to chop stuff in the morning so when I go out for breakfast I usually get an omelet. Yours looks delish. Love mushrooms!!
Oh yeah, I'm far too lazy for making my own omelets, despite how much I love them. :laughing:

I've never tried Ohana I think because it seems like you either love it or hate it and I didn't want to hate it. I definitely have to try ASAP. ::yes::
I know what you mean. I see the bad reviews, and they always just leave me scratching my head. I've NEVER had a bad meal there! :confused3

HI Billie, I'm super excited to read along the rest of your report, I'm reading along with your TR as well as I love your upbeat personality! Your commentary on the various personality types you see around is hilarity at its best too. Hope you had a nice birthdayprincess:
Hi there!!! :welcome: I'm so glad you're enjoying my reports!

I have only ever been to Cosmic Rays of those places, and while it isn't my fav either, I don't hate it and end up there quite often.

I keep wanting to try Landscape of flavors... maybe next trip, because well it always looks good even half eaten :)!
TryLandscape of Flavors! So far I think it's the best food court of any of the resorts! Yummers!

thanks so far for your reviews and photos...my most favorite are the Ohana pot stickers and wings and the meat...we have been a few times there and have another ressie in May....at Cosmic Rays I always get the half chicken and potatoes and beans...I can hardly wait now...Thanks again
The pot stickers and wings and meat is DEFINITELY the highlight of Ohana!!! I love it!

Hello! Have started planning for my March 2017 spring break trip!(maybe later if Pandora isn't open yet). Love your PTR's and your TR's, so decided to try the dinning reviews as well.
Yay, I'm so glad you're here! :cutie:

That is great though that she found something gluten free that would work for her!
She did, she's pretty good like that!

I'm with ya on that one. I tend to never order BBQ at anywhere other than bonafied BBQ places just because of that weird aftertaste!
Okay, so you know what I mean! This sandwich had NONE of that weirdness! It was just TASTY!! ::yes::

I have to be way in the mood for eggs, I'm strange sometimes they make me feel queezy for some reason :crazy2: but this omelet looks delish! Love mushrooms in omelettes, but is gotta be pretty much bleeding cheese too!
Not me, I'm an egg fan, I can eat them any time of day. And all trussed up in a super cheesey omelet?? THE BEST!!!! :thumbsup2

That gluten free dessert they brought out for your Aunt looks awesome! I would have been really happy with that!
Yes, it was definitely high quality! She was very pleased!

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Epcot
Sunday, December 6, 2015
Breakfast

This was a first-time thing for me, and I was pleasantly surprised! The food was delicious... So delicious that I totally forgot to take ANY pictures (as I promised you I would)! Not even half-eaten food pics! So you get googled pictures!

There's a cold bar of various buffet items...

coldbar1.png

There was also various pastries, bagels, yogurt and some other things. We each got a selection of items from this cold section. I think the sliced meats and cheeses were my favorite part!

Then the server (who was just ADORABLE) brought out the hot offerings...

akershus-food.png

Potato casserole, sausage links, bacon, and scrambled eggs. (Not pictured are the Mickey waffles, which they only bring out if you request them! They're my favorite!)

We need to talk about that potato casserole for a moment. OH. MY. GOD. It was absolutely delicious! I would go back to Akershus JUST for that! I know I put in a re-order of it, and may have eaten it all by myself! SO GOOD! (I think I got more waffles, too... Because MICKEY WAFFLES.)

Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles
Epcot
Sunday, December 6, 2015
Lunch

Another first for me! Aside from the crushing about of crowds in this place and the fact that I pretty much had to shank somebody to get a table for us, it was a really enjoyable experience!

20151206_141014-1.jpg

My super delicious lunch! The sandwich was: Croissant Jambon Fromage (ham, cheese and bechamel in a croissant). It was so warm and gooey and the croissant was so soft and just mmmmm!

The dessert: Cafe Liegeois (coffee and cream mousse with chocolate). Lovedddd this! I'm not usually a mousse person, but I love coffee-flavored desserts, so I decided to give it a try. Oh lord have mercy, sooo smooth and light and delicious!

The drink: Frozen cappuccino. It was tasty, and went REALLY well with my dessert!

Fairfax Fare
Hollywood Studios
Sunday, December 6, 2015
Dinner

Anybody who has followed my Dining Reports knows that I'm all about getting the most bang for quick-service credits! We came across this, I thought it fit the bill quite nicely!

20151206_202450-1-1.jpg

Grilled Chicken & BBQ Spare Ribs - Served with a double order of baked beans. (Normally it comes with coleslaw, which I don't love, so I asked for a second order or beans instead, and they were happy to accomodate me!)

The chicken was VERY good. The ribs were too, but a little too saucy for my liking. (I prefer dry rub or lightly sauced). The shining star, surprisingly, were the beans! THEY WERE SO GOOD. I remember they had meat in them. It was either ground beef or pulled pork, my memory is failing me on this point, I just remember being SUPER HAPPY about it!

20151206_202500-1.jpg

As usual at most theme park quick-service places, the dessert options were limited. I went with the Banana Parfait, with vanilla wafers and Heath bar crunch. There wasn't anything super remarkable about it, but it did make for a nice little sweet ending to the meal!

Billie, that first picture of the breakfast buffet looks so amazing! Is that a character meal?

How did I miss that croissant when I was a les Halles in April?!? That looks so delicious. Will look for it when I go back.

thanks for the reviews!

Mmmmm Boulangerie :-)!!! Looks so good and I am with you on the scoping out the good value quick service spots

Billie, that first picture of the breakfast buffet looks so amazing! Is that a character meal?
Yes! Akershus Royal Banquet Hall is in the Norway pavilion at Epcot. It's a princess meal. princess:

How did I miss that croissant when I was a les Halles in April?!? That looks so delicious. Will look for it when I go back.
You should, it was deeeelicious!! :thumbsup2

All caught up on your report lady!
Hooray!!! :woohoo:

Mmmmm Boulangerie :-)!!! Looks so good and I am with you on the scoping out the good value quick service spots
Yaaasss! Sometimes I like to see how close I can come to eating table-service quality meals for a counter service credit! This one definitely fit the bill! ::yes::

The food was delicious... So delicious that I totally forgot to take ANY pictures (as I promised you I would)! Not even half-eaten food pics!

Sounds like a certain princess LOVED her royal meal.

So glad to read that you've had most wonderful dining experiences.
Looking forward to more

I miss those Akershus days (DS is no longer prepared to have his arm twisted for the Princess meals :) )
We used to re-order the potatoes too (and I have to admit multiple orders ;) )

Everything looks awesome!! Just solidifying how much I have to get to Ohana - and glad Fairfax Fare was good; this is looking like a possibility for our HS day in May since there are usually a few different options open.

Akershus does looks yummy. I like the mix and buffet and family style!

The place in France (not even going to try to spell it) has sandwiches and pastries? I do love anything on a croissant!

Is Fairfax Fare is that area across from Beauty and the Beast? And baked beans are a favorite of mine...and doesn't meat make anything better?

Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles
Epcot
Sunday, December 6, 2015
Lunch

Another first for me! Aside from the crushing about of crowds in this place and the fact that I pretty much had to shank somebody to get a table for us, it was a really enjoyable experience!

20151206_141014-1.jpg

My super delicious lunch! The sandwich was: Croissant Jambon Fromage (ham, cheese and bechamel in a croissant). It was so warm and gooey and the croissant was so soft and just mmmmm!

The dessert: Cafe Liegeois (coffee and cream mousse with chocolate). Lovedddd this! I'm not usually a mousse person, but I love coffee-flavored desserts, so I decided to give it a try. Oh lord have mercy, sooo smooth and light and delicious!

The drink: Frozen cappuccino. It was tasty, and went REALLY well with my dessert!

Ah EPCOT my HOME! I did the college program there and would often run up to grab a hammy cheesy delightfulness when I could (also electric umbrella at the time served devine cheeseburgers) I think the food in France is to die for!!!

Sounds like a certain princess LOVED her royal meal.
I most certainly did! princess:

So glad to read that you've had most wonderful dining experiences.
Looking forward to more
I pick good food! Om nom nom!

I miss those Akershus days (DS is no longer prepared to have his arm twisted for the Princess meals :) )
We used to re-order the potatoes too (and I have to admit multiple orders ;) )
Shame you can't get those potatoes to go, right? SO GOOD!

:rotfl2: Yes, my sick mind really enjoyed this comment!
I'm SO very happy that somebody did! :hug: :laughing:

Awesome update - all of your food looks so yummy!!
It was all SUPER yummy!

Everything looks awesome!! Just solidifying how much I have to get to Ohana - and glad Fairfax Fare was good; this is looking like a possibility for our HS day in May since there are usually a few different options open.
You definitely neeeed to get to Ohana! It's amazeballs!

Akershus does looks yummy. I like the mix and buffet and family style!
It definitely didn't suck!

The place in France (not even going to try to spell it) has sandwiches and pastries? I do love anything on a croissant!
YES!!! The have a huge selection of sandwiches and stuff! They even have quiche, if that's your thing!

Is Fairfax Fare is that area across from Beauty and the Beast? And baked beans are a favorite of mine
Yep, it's in that area!

...and doesn't meat make anything better?
ALWAYS. :thumbsup2

OK - mouth is watering, let's talk! Was it like creamy cheesy sauce over potatoes with bits of ham?
No ham, just taters and TONS of cheese and I can't even really describe it, maybe @cajunfan can help because I know she's a fan, too... Those potatoes are just AWESOME.

Ah EPCOT my HOME! I did the college program there and would often run up to grab a hammy cheesy delightfulness when I could (also electric umbrella at the time served devine cheeseburgers) I think the food in France is to die for!!!
I was actually surprised just HOW good it was! Definitely exceeded my expectations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter