>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by CanadianGuy, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Bondfan531

Bondfan531 Mouseketeer

I'm good with the current beach scene mugs. LOL. I haven't been since 2010 and the last ones we have are the red ones with red, yellow & black handles. :rotfl2: So this current design is good for me and my daughter in May.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Colleen27

Colleen27 DIS Veteran

I'm still holding out hope for a new design. Between the reduction of free dining promotions and the decreased value/increased price of the dining plans discouraging people from paying for it, I think it might just be taking longer than usual to get through the stock on hand.

4. Southern Bell

Southern Bell DIS Veteran

Is there any reason that you can't buy just one or two new Disney cup to share instead of 4 for instance. Use the older ones to split a drink refill! Dollywood comes out with brand new cups every year and I think a refill is $1 anytime you want it! Splash Country is free refills with a chip in the bottom for limited time. We take our last yrs cup and split the drink! If you don't get ice in the new cup you get more drink. Get your free ice in the old cup. I was told to do that by the worker who sold me the cup! Everyone seems to do that! Just asking!

5. amber_cntrygrl

amber_cntrygrl Mouseketeer

Me too! I hope the current ones are the ones they offer for our September trip this year. Our last trip was 2010 also! :)

6. threebeesatdisney

threebeesatdisney Mouseketeer

Here at All Star Movies. NO NEW MUGS yet. Sorry fellow disboarders....I was disappointed too. :sad1:

7. PKWallaby

PKWallaby DIS Veteran

still the same!:crazy2:

For those who were wondering, I am sad to report they have not changed the theme...was hoping for a different style since it has been waay too long with the "Mickey and friends lounging by the pool" version. Guess we will have more to add the collection. We are at BCV now but will be visiting BWV and AoA over the next 2 wks...will let you all know if the style suddenly changes (wishful thinking!! :goodvibes )

8. shannon006

shannon006 DIS Veteran

We have too many of the current mugs, Mickey by the pool. I am hoping they change by our next trip in 2014:goodvibes

9. mjperry

mjperry One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of

So has anyone re-used the Mickey on the beach mugs at the resort?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

10. fairytalelover

fairytalelover DIS Veteran

That's what I was just going to ask. We have the mickey on the beach mugs from our trip last year and are planning our trip to WDW this year. Can we just bring and use our mugs? Do they have a way of checking?:confused3

11. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Regarding this question, check out post #1 of this "No Debate" thread.

12. t_daniels

t_daniels <font color=deeppink>They'll NEVER be replaced<br>

Plenty of people do. Be cautious asking here, it causes debate.

It is against the rules posted at the filling stations to do so. However, Disney, to my knowledge, has no way of checking.

13. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

It's also against the rules posted right on the side of the mug.

14. t_daniels

t_daniels <font color=deeppink>They'll NEVER be replaced<br>

That's true. I forgot they were on the mug, too. Thanks!

Eta: Personally,I wouldn't do it. I'm too much of a rule follower, though. Also wary of anything that could make wdw lose $, and raise prices to make up for it.

15. fairytalelover

fairytalelover DIS Veteran

Thanks. I just read it. That all answers my question. :thumbsup2

16. lucas

lucas °o°

Just back from WDW, and they have the same mugs.

But, we did notice a new design here and there on the paper products like coffee cups, paper plates, etc.

17. mjperry

I'm aware against the rules, and I would not take My old mug back to the resort. I don't drink soda and have not in years. I was simply stating asking and wonder that maybe it's cheaper to keep the same design and lose a few the make a new design. I got one the first time I was there, and for me I don't see the big deal myself.
    I'm not here to debate this topic or any other.
    Frankly if anyone has time to debate such a topic then they need a life. I love Disney as much as the other Disney geeks out there. But I'm not here to debate I have things I love and dislike about Disney parks but I still and will always be a Disney geek.

18. mjperry

19. macemc12

macemc12 Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me where the mug stations are at SSR? Is there a coffee station? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

20. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Should be at Artist's Palette, at the new Paddock pool and at the Grandstand pool.

21. got4boys

got4boys Mouseketeer

Just got back. Contempo Cafe still has the same mugs. Price was higher than last year. $15.49
    [​IMG]