>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by CanadianGuy, Apr 20, 2010.

1. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

They will not take your mug due to germs, but you can certainly fill your mug with the cup they give you. Generally the free water is in a small cup, not a regular or large like a soft drink would be in.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. MinnieMO

MinnieMO If you can dream it, you can do it!

4. zorro77

zorro77 DVC Member Since 93

Any news on new mugs for 2013 at resorts. Hope for a change way to many of current styles. I see my ticker for next visit is a little off. Forgot how to change. Next trip is 78 back home at OKW.

5. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

No news. Hoping we will see a design change perhaps late next month, if the timing is similar to the last change in 2011.

6. utkscvol1

utkscvol1 DIS Veteran

Just checked out- mugs at pop where the same from last year- no chips in them yet

7. tinkerbellybutton

tinkerbellybutton DIS Veteran

Does anyone remember the exact dates (time frame) the mugs were changed out in 2011? I know we were there around March 9th and the new mugs were already out. We'll be there on Feb. 9th and would love a new design. We have already collected 3 sets of 4 of the current one. I guess that means we take too many trips! lol

8. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

This thread has been around long enough to cover the last design change, and it looks like it occurred in early March. Judging from the posts though, it appears that not all resorts got them on the same day.

9. tinkerbellybutton

tinkerbellybutton DIS Veteran

Thanks! I didn't realize they changed them that far into the year. My memory must be failing me, lol, I thought the new design had been out for at least several weeks when we got them the first week in March that year.

10. disney88

disney88 Earning My Ears

My parents are staying at a Disney resort for their very first time...thanks to a little coaxing from me. They are overwhelmed with all of the included details that come with adding the dining package, so I'm trying to explain how everything works.

They arrive Feb 3. By the sounds of it, the mugs are the same as last year still. Is anyone able to confirm? I want to describe the mugs to them so they find them easily at the resort. And if they recently changed, I don't want to send them on a wild goose chase looking for something that isn't there. LOL

11. Jenny1985

Jenny1985 Mouseketeer

This past summer we got our mugs with our package. But I am not doing a full package for my trip coming up (I'm going along with my aunt who will be at WDW for a conference, so I'm only paying for my park ticket). I believe I remember seeing that you can purchase the mugs individually, correct?

12. Paula Sedley-Burke

Paula Sedley-Burke Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Yes you can we always buy the mugs individually. We get them at the quick service restaurant at Saratoga Springs but have seen them at most of the other resorts in the main dining area. They are usually on a carousel by the cash desk. I think they are 16 dollars or something like that.

13. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Yes, the resort mugs are still using the pool/beach character design with black, blue, and pink lids. My prediction is they are unlikely to be changed by February 3.

Disney will gladly take your money for the mugs, yes. :goodvibes

14. seadd67

seadd67 DIS Veteran

yes they take your money for the mugs and they are available at all the resorts. When I do not get the package I buy them at the QS places at the resorts, i think i would break down and throw them my money, begging them to give me a mug, if they said no.

15. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

What was great? :confused3

16. zorro77

So is it true new mugs at out in some resorts????

17. Belle5

Belle5 DIS Veteran

\

Where did you hear that? That would be great news!

18. HLAuburn

HLAuburn DIS Veteran

Haven't heard that! We were just at Riverside and French Quarter on Tuesday and they had the same ol' mugs. Are there reports of new ones?!

19. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

No. Because the last time there WAS a new mug design it happened around the March time frame, people are hoping it will happen this March.

20. zorro77

I had seen a post on another site a couple of days ago. Was hope for good news that they were out. But, if its not till March that works well for out trip.

21. Bearybear

Bearybear A firm believer in the unbelievable

I admit I haven't read all 101 pages of this thread. I did read the FAQ and several recent pages and can't find this.

If we are staying at POFQ but using the pool at POR (which is allowed) can we refill our mugs at POR?