(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to add a few thoughts.
I have no idea why anyone would get impetigo from drinking out of a mug that hasn't been washed out with soap. all the paper cups for soft drinks at any coutner service place are not washed out with soap before your drink is served.

as stated earlier, you can get free ice water from ANY counter service place at any park. but I ddi fine the drinking fountains to be qutie plentiful.. usually by the restrooms, but many others.

we have stayed at almsot all disney resorts and the walk t refil the mugs varys. but it is never "miles". now, at POR, it can be a fairly long walk from some rooms, and I wish they would refill the mugs at the pool bar. I also wish they had refill stations at the quiet pools at the moderate resorts (much like the refill station at disney's Vero Beach resort) but make it RFID, to prevent "stealing".

but then again, no one is "making" you purchase the mugs. but since they are included in the DDP now, , yes, it would be nice if a refill station was open later.

the one thing I really wanted to coment on was disney's lack of assisatance to personnal distress:

on our last trip in AUgust, hubby passed out in Mk, due to dehydration/low blood pressure. OMG!!! there were people there within seconds!!! the EMTS were not far behind. took very good care of him.. were nopt happy that he declined going to the hospital, as he passed out, but we were given a wheelchair to take us to the bus stop, and there was a CM waiting for us at Pop Century with a wheelchair. and they let us use it the whole week! Disney did a GREAT job!

hygiene is what it is.. you are in a public place with tons of strangers. I am of the belief that the more you sanitize everything, the less immunities everyone has, esp kids. let them get down and play in the dirt, like I did, and my kids did. JMHO

just wanted to add, for the price, even if you only refill it a couple times, it still pays for itself.. plus you get the souv.
I use mine all the time on my way to work in the car.

I don't understand why, even if you were being cheap, that you couldn't just fill your mugs up with water? I've never had any trouble finding a drinking fountain when I have wanted one.

I never drink out of public fountains. I have seen people washing their shoes in them, licking them, I've seen people let their dogs lick them!! (not in Disney, of course).

Drinking fountains are for really desperate times.

No, that CM doesn't know what she is talking about. They never had lifetime mugs except for maybe Dixie Landings when it was about to be renamed Port Orleans Riverside and would no longer be Dixie Landings. Thus, the end of the life of Dixie Landings.

Why do you keep debating with people about this? I thought it was against thread rules.

In any case, I bought resort-specific mugs at BC that I still have and at the time, I was told that they were "lifetime mugs". So quit arguing that point.

Why do you keep debating with people about this? I thought it was against thread rules.

In any case, I bought resort-specific mugs at BC that I still have and at the time, I was told that they were "lifetime mugs". So quit arguing that point.

Not debating. Just pointing out that there is a difference in Disney policy and what an individual CM tells a guest. My resort specific mugs purchased in 1997 at the Polynesian had a sign posted over them (official Disney policy) that stated they were good for the length of the trip they were purchased and at the resort they were purchased. These signs were posted over all the other resort specific mugs I purchased - GF, POFQ, BC, BW, WL. When we bought our resort specific refillable mugs at OKW, they were not even free refills. You had to pay $1 or something to refill the mug.

Yes,that is distressing. We have been going so many years that we now have a system in place. We order 5-6 cases of water to be delivered to our hotel from Costco or staples. Each of us puts 4 bottles in our back pack for the parks. I also have everyone take at least one zip fizz tube to put in their water mid afternoon. I also pack a Baggie of dish washing cloths to take on the trip. I tear off sheets of paper towel (# days of trip). On each sheet I place one drop of dish soap, fold or roll up the sheets and put them in a Baggie. Take a sheet out each day and wet it and wash the mugs.
You can also get cups of ice or water from any counter service location at the parks.

This has to be one of the best tip I've heard of! Thanks so much about the dish soap sometimes water is just not enough!
I am truly hoping a new design soon we just got 4 over Columbus Day weekend DH and I are returning for Thanksgiving (which happens to be a triple split stay) with the dining plan!! So my suitcase will be filled with 6 mugs!!

This is my first time having the dining plan. I understand that you get a free mug but that you also get a drink with the meals as well. If we eat breakfast at the resort, do most people grab a free drink (bottled water) to take back to the room or the park and use their mugs for breakfast?

peca said:
This is my first time having the dining plan. I understand that you get a free mug but that you also get a drink with the meals as well. If we eat breakfast at the resort, do most people grab a free drink (bottled water) to take back to the room or the park and use their mugs for breakfast?

I don't see why you couldn't. As long as you're abiding by the dining plan rules, and mug rules, do as you like.

Yes. You should always take advantage of getting all of your entitlements. We grab bottled drinks with breakfast and take them back to the room. That way, if the parks are open late and we don't make it back to the resort in time to get a drink with our mug, we still have a nice cold drink waiting for us in the fridge. :thumbsup2

We would bring down our mug to have breakfast or our late dinner at Contempo. We got a drink out the fridge to have for the ride to the parks the next morning. We also saved our dessert for breakfast the next morning if we didn't have time. I do have a few cupcakes in the freezer right now that I'm looking forward to eating when I feel better.

We never did make it over to the sundry store in the Contemporary, as it was always closed by the time we got in. Can one get drinks there to bring to the park the next day?

This is my first time staying at the disney resorts. I usually stay in cocoa beach and drive, but decided to do an all the way disney vacation for my kids. This is a great thread and I like the advice people are sharing. But I do have one question... We are going next year in October, and I was wondering if anyone has a current picture of what the mugs look like. I get one free with my stay, but I am trying to decide if I want to purchase some for my kiddos. :cool1:

Lesley84 said:
This is my first time staying at the disney resorts. I usually stay in cocoa beach and drive, but decided to do an all the way disney vacation for my kids. This is a great thread and I like the advice people are sharing. But I do have one question... We are going next year in October, and I was wondering if anyone has a current picture of what the mugs look like. I get one free with my stay, but I am trying to decide if I want to purchase some for my kiddos. :cool1:

Id have to look back....its in this thread somewhere!:)

There are pictures of the current mugs all over the place. Try page 73 of this thread.

Here's the reposting of my current mug (2011-2012) photos:

January 2012 photo:
mugs.jpg

August 2011 photo:
Green handle/lid was available due to RFID test at All Star Sports - probably not available currently but black, pink, blue will be.
P1020412.JPG

Do all resort mugs look identical? I am spending 2 nights at Pop then moving over to Kidani Village for 6 nights? Would we be able to buy a mug at Pop and still use it at Kidani?

Jenna319 said:
Do all resort mugs look identical? I am spending 2 nights at Pop then moving over to Kidani Village for 6 nights? Would we be able to buy a mug at Pop and still use it at Kidani?

I believe they look alike.

Technically, you aren't supposed to use them at other resorts, but since you are staying both places, you should be okay.

they are identical and you definitely can use it at both resorts. we do it all the time. disney loves it when you switch up resorts, cause you usually throw a more expensive resort in the mix, and stay longer, too.

a family of 4 should buy 4 mugs, use them for 2 days, and then buy 4 more identical mugs to use for 6 days? nope.
It is one vacation. you are purchasing a mug for your disney vacation..( ps this is adressed in the sticky)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter