1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by CanadianGuy, Apr 20, 2010.

1. jimjenkids

jimjenkids Mouseketeer

ok, with all the colors that have been out over the past few years, do you think if I brought down the lids from the old ones(other colors-we have 6 of us and I also have stickers to help tell them apart). we have FD this year so we will have 6 more cups.....hoping for the new design-we have the red-yellow-black bold cups as well as the xmas year when they were silver and blues......my kids are just hoping that they wont all be xmas themed so they wont have to see me using a xmas mug in the summer! that is just one of those things that embarrass my DD....kinda fun to do at times! I know we have yellow, black, red, blue lids.....any thoughts?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

Are you asking if you can use the different colored lids from your old mugs during your next visit? I don't think that would be a problem. You might have some busybody look at you funny but no Cast Member will bother you. Heck, when we were at POR last month I saw a big family using the original All Star mugs, the fat ones with the big star. Nobody said a word to them. I think your lids will be OK.

4. smidgy

smidgy dimples

agreeing here with epcotbill. that is a GREAT! idea! and no where near breaking any rules. (even though some "barney fife" might be a stickler)

5. jimjenkids

jimjenkids Mouseketeer

Oh my.....I have those big fat all star mugs in the closet! Yes I was asking if they would have a problem if we changed out the lids if the colors arent the same....I also have plastic stickers that we use for baseball helmets that I thought I would add and use them if we need to.....I like to keep track of the mugs, not so much so they dont use eachothers as it is to see who isnt picking up and leaves them laying around! Iknow from reading these boards, we prob. have some of the lifetime mugs, but really?....we use them as part of the souveniers and not with FD, they get them free!.....really cant wait and now I just have to start packing and sorting the odds and ends!

6. tenaseewalker

tenaseewalker Mouseketeer

Write the names on the bottom of the cup with a sharpie that way you didn't "mess up" your new cup.

7. tpettie

tpettie What's a tag and why do I want one...

I think for our group of 25 I'm going to do a craft store run and get a light weight wire and a bag of Alphabet beads with what ever I have for other beads and we will make name / Initial rings for the handles as a way of knowing who's who...

8. TeresaWen

TeresaWen Mouseketeer

Is the picture in the first post in this tread really the new mugs? It looks like a boring version of one of the mugs from a few years ago. I was hoping for something a bit more interesting as these become my driving mugs for a year! Oh well.

9. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

No, that's not the current mug. You can find pics of the current mugs on page 91.

10. TeresaWen

TeresaWen Mouseketeer

PHEW....those were just kind of ugly :)

11. momto3boys+aprincess

momto3boys+aprincess 2014 Family Time Resolutions Sweepstake Winner!

Just a quick question, we will be arriving the day after Thanksgiving. Will we be getting these summer looking mugs or is there hope for a holiday version?
    Thanks,
    Lisa

12. Paula Sedley-Burke

Paula Sedley-Burke Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Oh I do not know but that would be so cool!

13. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

You will be getting these summer-looking mugs. :sad1:

14. Paula Sedley-Burke

Sorry if this is in this thread somewhere..how long have the current colours been available? ( pink, black and blue )

I wonder which one is the most popular!

15. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Pink and blue lid/handles with the current mug design were new in early 2011. The third original lid/handle color was yellow at that time.

Black became the third choice replacing yellow later in 2011.

Also in 2011 there was an alternate set of colors for use at All Star Sports for a radio frequency ID (RFID) drink dispenser test. Those were orange, purple, and green. Some of those colors showed up at other resorts during that period. (That test concluded and there's no current news about those chipped mugs being implemented.)

16. Paula Sedley-Burke

Thank you that is very interesting! They had yellow last time we were there. Might treat myself to black this time!

17. momto3boys+aprincess

momto3boys+aprincess 2014 Family Time Resolutions Sweepstake Winner!

:sad1: That they will be summer looking, but :cheer2:pixiedust::cool1: that we are getting to go and getting free dining and getting the mugs!!!
    Thanks

18. LaurenM

LaurenM Mouseketeer

We got a pink and blue mug last October when we were there for our Wedding..any chance a new mug will be out for our trip in May?

19. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Yes, I think there should be a new design coming in early 2013.

20. Paula Sedley-Burke

Any predictions of colours? I am going to guess black, red and purple

21. LaurenM

LaurenM Mouseketeer

Red, Black and Green