>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by CanadianGuy, Apr 20, 2010.

1. smidgy

smidgy dimples

the mugs do not have chips or sensors.;)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Inauguralfantasy2012

Inauguralfantasy2012 Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the info, will definitely do it in a few weeks when we get to WDW.

4. mbrown027

mbrown027 Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! Does anybody know where you can go on the boardwalk to refill the disney mug you get with the dining plan? Thanks!

5. fredtom

fredtom Mouseketeer Freddie

BoardWalk Bakery, the pizza window, Leaping Horse Libations at the pool and Belle Vue Lounge.

6. phillymummer

phillymummer DIS Veteran

Can someone post a pic of the current mugs? I will be staying at POFQ w/ FD. I am wondering what the mugs look like now. We haven't been to WDW since OCt 2010. The one I got then (when I stayed at POR is red).

7. cluvsdisney

cluvsdisney DIS Veteran

I just wanted to add there are no self serve dispensers at the BW. The CM at one of these locations will give you a to go cup with your beverage that you can pour into your mug. This has to do with health code regulations. Also, the bellvue lounge is open in the mornings for breakfast and again in the evenings, not all afternoon.

8. Figee17

Figee17 Mouseketeer

I am at vero beach now. I have a fill able mug with Mickey coming down the slide and the other characters in/around the pool. the pool slide looks just like the one here at the resort, soooo resort specific??? tops are in pink, black, or blue.

9. PFW

PFW Mouseketeer

Does anyone know how many ounces the mugs hold?
    Thanks,
    Pat

10. Wendy&Grumpy

Wendy&Grumpy Is there any better place to live than Mickey's ba

These mugs?

http://i1.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Refillable-Mugs.jpg

If so, they're the standard mugs available now.:)

11. Figee17

Figee17 Mouseketeer

Figee17
    Today, 08:24 PM
    I am at vero beach now. I have a fill able mug with Mickey coming down the slide and the other characters in/around the pool. the pool slide looks just like the one here at the resort, soooo resort specific??? tops are in pink, black, or blue.

yup, looking back at previous posts, they the same old, same old mugs. that slide sure loos like the one here though ;). I haven't ever gotten a refillable mug at a resort before, so had to look back at the previous posts for reference.

12. mbrown027

mbrown027 Earning My Ears

Thanks for the information!

13. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Here's the current cross-resort design with the black and pink lids. There is also a blue lid available.
    [​IMG]

The mugs are 16 fluid ounce size.

14. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy DIS Veteran

Do they update the cups yearly, or every other year kind of thing?

15. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

They have been on an every two years sort of schedule for the last three designs, so if they stick with that, a new design should appear in early 2013.

16. PFW

PFW Mouseketeer

Thank you !!!

17. pmama

pmama DIS Veteran

Wondering if anyone has ever gotten them to give you the mugs early for split stays. We recently gave up free dining for 11 nights so we could do a split stay at AoA and CSR. The package doesn't start until CSR but we will have 4 days at AoA prior. Wondering if one could use the "length of stay" to request mugs even if switching resorts during stay. Doesn't make much sense to pay $60 for mugs 4 days before receiving them with the package?

18. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

I doubt it. It is part of the dining portion of your package. You have to have that resort's room key to pick them up.

19. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

You aren't paying for refillable mugs for the first part of your stay. So you won't get them unless you purchase them. It would be like saying you will be on the dining plan next year, could you get your mugs this year to use?

20. cjnix29

cjnix29 DIS Veteran

If you buy them at the Boardwalk, keep your receipt. When you refill them at Boardwalk Bakery, they just put it in a paper cup. They don't take your actual mug. So we kept our receipt, and when we were walking back from Epcot, stopped in the bakery, showed them our receipt for the mugs, and they gave us a soda. Worked great, since it meant we didn't have to truck back up to the room to get the mugs.

21. kimpossible

kimpossible DIS Veteran

Great tip, thanks. Twenty +trips and still learning something new. Love it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards