>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by CanadianGuy, Apr 20, 2010.

1. BebopBaloo

BebopBaloo DIS Veteran

Since you are staying at POFQ you probably won't need to worry about the chips in the mugs. Right now..they are only at All Star Sports. If you purchase a mug, you can get as much of the hot tea as you want.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

How does everybody like the Test machines?

I liked them OK.

The one main thing I didn't like was that because the RFID mugs have to actually touch the bottom of the "dispenser lever" and there was always some "overflow coke,etc." on the bottom of the lever,the bottom of the mug was always wet with "overflow coke".

I did LOVE that Tinkerbell herself would fill my mug!Wow,she has to fly around FAST to fill all those mugs!:)

I also LOVED watching the reaction of Guests,who obviously were accustomed to the machines filling ANYTHING,try to fill their thermoses and various and sundry other drink containers only to find that Tinkerbell would not fill these non-RFID containers!PRICELESS!:)

[​IMG]

4. DisneyGuess

DisneyGuess DIS Veteran

This is probably answered somewhere but I can't find it, so I'll ask!!

Are the mugs dishwasher safe? :confused:

5. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

99% sure the mugs don't say anything on them either way about being dishwasher safe. I will have to check later. (I tend to wash ours by hand, just my preference.)

But, it's pretty likely they are dishwasher safe. When you look at similar products from the manufacturer (Whirley) they are listed as dishwasher safe:
    http://www.drinkworks.com/prodlist?readform&cat=cw&subcat=i

6. mathgeek

mathgeek DIS Veteran

Just checked mine, and it doesn't say dishwasher safe or not. I prefer to wash by hand as well b/c I don't want the design to come off. Plus I have seen that the drying cycle can change the color on them.

7. tpettie

tpettie What's a tag and why do I want one...

I put mine in the dishwasher every day as DH takes two of them with him on his way to work with coffee in it. The result has been Yes the picture will wear off the over all condition of the mugs are fine however one out of the 6-8 mugs he rotates through there is one that has taken on water I can hear it sloshing around in the mug but he doesn't care an continues to use it "yuck!"

8. raisindiskids

raisindiskids Mouseketeer

When do the new resort mugs come out? Do they change a certain time of year?
    I am going to Disney in May and my 5 kids can't wait to see what they look like. If anyone has a picture of the ones we will get I would love for you to post it. :)

9. jackirkh

jackirkh Earning My Ears

Haven't used the refillable mugs in about 6 years. At that point I remember all of the sodas at the resorts being too carbonated, resulting in an unpleasant beverage. So we haven't paid for them since. However, we may get some use out of them this year since they were added to DDP.

10. seadd67

seadd67 DIS Veteran

Well they just updated them ast year, i dont think they will chage them at least this year. I think its constented that everyone wants the resort mugs back:cool1:, not this year:sad2:

11. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Here are the mugs at Pop Century on Sunday August 21, 2011.

The green lids were a temporary choice that week along with purple and orange. By the end of my trip the selection was back to black, blue, and pink.

This design started early in 2011 and I expect it will continue for 2012.

[​IMG]

12. Disneylvr

Disneylvr Always Disney Dreaming!

NICE! I think this is the first time I have seen the 2011 mugs and since we didn't get to go during 2011, I will be happy to get these next week! Thank you for posting the photo.

13. raisindiskids

raisindiskids Mouseketeer

Thank you for the great picture! Can't wait to get them when we are at Pop in May. :cool1:

14. lrmesq

lrmesq Mouseketeer

Very helpful. Thank you.

15. Shih-Tzu

Shih-Tzu Mouseketeer

Oh goodie - different mugs than the ones we got in Dec 2010......hopefully I will be close enough to where I can refill at OKW.....if it's too far may not be worth it....

16. AndyMonti

AndyMonti Earning My Ears

The mugs are the best value at Disney!

17. jazzielady

jazzielady DIS Veteran

OK, just need to know, have they implemented the RFID chips anywhere besides ASSpts yet? We went in July of last year, and, I'm sorry, if the cups haven't changed, we're taking them next week. No one will be able to tell. I'm certainly not brazen nor rude enough to use BB cups or 7-11 cups.

I just want to know whether to take up extra space in our luggage. Yes, I know the rules. Just give me the facts, please :)

Remember, no debate allowed on this thread. :goodvibes

18. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

I haven't read any reports about the RFID mug test being expanded outside of All Star Sports. I think it's still limited to that resort right now.

19. DFrench73

DFrench73 Earning My Ears

Just want to make sure I understand what the 64 or so pages of this thread are telling me. I am arriving at the end of this month and I believe the following....

I have the "free" Dining plan which comes with a refillable mug per person.

This mug will only be able to be used at Fort Wilderness (assuming that is the resort I use my "credit" to grab the mug)

Because I have the 1 Quick Service and 1 Table Service meal per person per day credit, I shouldn't be worried about drinks during the meals at the parks.

Lastly, Assuming I want a drink at the park, that is not a part of the meal, The mug is useless and I have to buy a drink like everyone else.

Are all these statements true, or am I even more confused?

20. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

You got it all right!

Your refill mugs are for use at the resort. You can't refill them inside the park restaurants. You can fill your mug at the resort and bring it into the parks if you want though. I like to do that with coffee in the morning.

Your dining plan will include drinks with each meal, plus if you want you can use your snack credits on drinks too. That's not my favorite option for snack credits, but it's something you can do.

21. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

The facts are the refillable mug is only good for the length of your stay at the resort that you got it from during that trip.