>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by CanadianGuy, Apr 20, 2010.

1. MSLRAC

MSLRAC DIS Veteran

Wonderful, thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. BebopBaloo

BebopBaloo DIS Veteran

You're welcome! Thanks jcarwash for confirming :goodvibes

4. just-a-kid-at-heart

just-a-kid-at-heart Earning My Ears

the problem with buying the other mugs from another resort is if you are staying at ASSp their mugs have radio chips in then. no other mugs work at the soda fountains. when i was there they would work for coffee ,tea, hot chocolate and water only. hope this helps.

5. GirlDreamer

GirlDreamer DIS Veteran

I'm curious, if they use those chips in the cups, won't it be possible to just pay for a cup of coke for your meal if you don't buy the refillable mug?

6. Cdn Friends of Pooh

Cdn Friends of Pooh Certified Mousejunkie

Yes you will still be able to pay for a paper cup with your meal - however that too will have an RFID chip in it and your paper cup will only be good for so many refills

7. MSUmom

MSUmom MSU mom

Okay, I may have missed something. We will be getting the free mugs with our plan. I thought it was unlimited refills? Am I missing something with the mug credits?

DH:happytv:Me:banana:DD22princess:DD18:hippie:DS15:scared1:

8. Cdn Friends of Pooh

Cdn Friends of Pooh Certified Mousejunkie

You do get unlimited refills for the length of your stay. I believe that they were referring to is the number of mugs you can get with your dining plan (similar to the number of snacks, TS credits, etc)

9. BebopBaloo

BebopBaloo DIS Veteran

Yes, you can get unlimited refills. I was referring to the credits for the mugs themselves. For example, if there are five people on your dining plan then you get five mug credits.....one mug per person.

10. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

So, as of right now, it's only the AllStars that have the chip in them?? I ask because dd and I headed down for a four night stay...two nights at BLT and two nights at BWV. I don't want to have to buy a mug at each resort...that's just plain silly. If I had to get a mug at BLT and then another one at BWV, I just wouldn't get one to begin with.

11. BebopBaloo

BebopBaloo DIS Veteran

It's actually only All Star Sports. The other All Stars don't have them yet.

12. smidgy

smidgy dimples

goofyy4tink.. we were at WDW in sept. stayed at CBR, BLT and AKL. we purchased our mugs at CBR and used them the whole trip.. no way were we going to buy 3 mugs for one vactation! not a problem at all.
    If they get the mugs at all the resorts, next time we do a split stay (which is often) when we get to the new resort, I will bring the mug receipts with the date, AND our resort reservation confirmations to a manager if need be, showing we are on the same single vacation, and I'm pretty sure they will be issuing us new mugs if they can't put new chips in.

13. pixieMandy

pixieMandy Mouseketeer

Do you know if lemonade and unsweetened iced tea is available at the Wilderness Lodge? We don't drink soda, but we like tea as long as it's not sweet and my daughters like lemonade.

14. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

We'll have to get a Wilderness Lodge guest to answer definitively, but I would expect both lemonade and unsweetened tea to be available there. In particular the Gold Peak tea dispensers are pretty standard across the resorts and one of the choices is unsweetened.

15. MSLRAC

MSLRAC DIS Veteran

We'll actually be at AoA and to be honest, we don't use the mugs until we get home so the chips won't really be an issue. But thanks for the info anyway because you are very right that it could cause an issue if staying at ASSp.

16. tpettie

tpettie What's a tag and why do I want one...

As AoA is a new Resort I wouldn't be too surprised if the put the chip reader ones in there .... As they are testing them now why put in the old machines only to remove them and update them with chip reader at a later point. Unless the test is showing to be more work and not something they are close to using yet...

17. 3floridarays

3floridarays Somebody's got to nail that girl's fins to the flo

I'm confused - does this mean that if I buy our mugs at ASMo and we walk over to ASSp, we won't be able to use our mugs??? :confused:

18. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

As the way it is now, that is correct. I'd suspect that they would allow refills among sister resorts, like all the All Stars. But that is just my guess.

19. cpl100

cpl100 DIS Veteran

I have never bought the refillable mugs in the past because we don't really drink soda. But I just realized I could get (hot) tea in the mug and I do drink a lot of that. Will be staying in POFQ for two nights and wondering how this all works. I read back three pages and it seems like there are some kind of chips in the mugs now or something which limits usage. Very confused. Can a kind, informed person enlighten me please?

20. coastermom

coastermom <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=peach

Ok we were just at the BC in Aug for my DD sweet 16 trip ... I have two mugs from there and we are going to AKL for an adults only trip .. Our package includes a free resort mug .... Is this a refillable mug ? and since we are there in January is it going to be the same mug I just got in Aug ? Just wondering ... :confused3

21. BebopBaloo

BebopBaloo DIS Veteran

Yes and Yes.