(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the NEW mugs have a more "Summery" feel; I wonder if they'll keep using them during Fall & winter Christmas festivities?

I would think yes, they will keep using them, given that the previous red Celebrate mugs were continuously used for about two years.

I think the NEW mugs have a more "Summery" feel; I wonder if they'll keep using them during Fall & winter Christmas festivities?
When the resort Quick Service locations sold the previous generic mug designs they were sold for at least 1 year and a couple of months into the next year. So I would say that the current mugs will still be sold during the fall and winter months.

Just returned from a stay at both VB and OKW and I saw the "Let the Memories Begin" mugs in 3 colors - pink, turquoise, and black. The only yellow one to be found was the one I brought back from my previous trip. :rolleyes1 I did not see the current mug in purple anywhere, and I also ate CS at CR, Poly, and GF. I did see a purple top mug at VB, but it was a different design.

Not sure if this has been posted, so forgive me if it has, but we just got back from WDW and I saw seval different colored mugs from the original three colors. I saw black and purple!!!

I just returned from 10 days at AKV & BCV.

The resort mugs are black, pink, turquoise, & yellow....although I did not see YELLOW for sale at anytime during my trip & I looked at the following resorts: AKV (Kidani & Jambo), BCV, CR, CBR, & Boardwalk.

The parks are selling a PURPLE MUG (not refillable anywhere - parks or resorts) for $5.00 each. You get a drink filled in this at your initial purchase. These park mugs are the EXACT same size & shape as the resort mugs, but the picture on them is somewhat different.

I love the purple colored handles & lids, so I bought two, just to have at home and admire.

I haven't read all the posts, so forgive me if this has been mentioned previously, but we are a family of 5 and we have two people exchange lids, so that all 5 are different. Also, the other mugs people are talking about, are they like the halloween and christmas type mugs, that are one time fill up items?

Also, the other mugs people are talking about, are they like the halloween and christmas type mugs, that are one time fill up items?

The one with the purple handle & lid, that I mentioned in my post above yours, is like that...a one time fill up.

I saw it for sale in MK & HS last week (and actually purchased two in MK).

I have the original refillable Wilderness Lodge mug and I use it every year we go back to the Wilderness Lodge. There is no policy printed on it and when they were sold, they were marketed as forever at this resort. I have never been stopped or questioned on the mug by a CM.
I do also have some of the white/blue ones that I bought at BLT, those clearly have the policy stated on them for only being good for that one stay.

We also have the original refillable mugs from the WL back when we first stayed there in 1994. We just called to ask if these truly are "forever mugs" and we got passed around a bit but finally a representative told us if we were told they were forever mugs then they are forever mugs for the WL.

This report talks about a new refillable mug system under testing at All Star Sports:

http://micechat.com/blogs/orlando-p...rs-out-emh-disney-mugs-dispensers-change.html

According to the report, the new system can detect the mugs, dispense the soda, limit the amount of minutes between fillups, and will be set to only work for your vacation stay.

The report doesn't show them but says the mugs used for testing are the same Let the Memories begin design but with purple, green, and orange.

Anyone know when they change the designs of the mugs? We are going down over Labor Day weekend. Since the current design is very summery, I'm hoping there may be a new design by then. Any thoughts?

Anyone know when they change the designs of the mugs? We are going down over Labor Day weekend. Since the current design is very summery, I'm hoping there may be a new design by then. Any thoughts?

I expect it will be the same Let the Memories Begin design when you go. This design just started in 2011 and they typically use the same design for at least a year. The previous red Celebrate Today design was used for about two years.

This report talks about a new refillable mug system under testing at All Star Sports:

http://micechat.com/blogs/orlando-p...rs-out-emh-disney-mugs-dispensers-change.html

According to the report, the new system can detect the mugs, dispense the soda, limit the amount of minutes between fillups, and will be set to only work for your vacation stay.

The report doesn't show them but says the mugs used for testing are the same Let the Memories begin design but with purple, green, and orange.

I heard about this I think on the touring plans blog. I'm so curious about the time limit between refills. Sometimes I can drink my coffee VERY quickly! Just a bit worried about that part. :confused:

Anyone know anything else about how this is working out??? :confused3

I heard about this I think on the touring plans blog. I'm so curious about the time limit between refills. Sometimes I can drink my coffee VERY quickly! Just a bit worried about that part. :confused:

Anyone know anything else about how this is working out??? :confused3

There is a lengthy thread here with both wondering/speculation but also some facts from the company who makes the cup fill technology:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2756928

I am wondering about coffee too -- so far the information is about the soda dispensers being tested at All Star Sports. It will be interesting to see if the technology will also be tested on the coffee dispensers.

There is a lengthy thread here with both wondering/speculation but also some facts from the company who makes the cup fill technology:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2756928

I am wondering about coffee too -- so far the information is about the soda dispensers being tested at All Star Sports. It will be interesting to see if the technology will also be tested on the coffee dispensers.

Thanks for the reply and the link. I'll check it out. I just assumed it was for any drink that you could use a mug for. Glad coffee has avoided the timed refills for now!;)

why don't they just include the mugs with the price of the resort. they can even go to a more green option. nobody has bring their old mug, disney does not have to patrol the drink stations or upgrade them. win win.

why don't they just include the mugs with the price of the resort. they can even go to a more green option. nobody has bring their old mug, disney does not have to patrol the drink stations or upgrade them. win win.

You read my mind! I was just about to say the same thing. Or, they could go back to the original mug plan, which is very green, where you purchase a mug, its good forever. Since they continue to raise resort prices anyway, the resort price would cover the cost of the drinks, but the guests would believe they are getting something for free. Disney would actually make more money while looking very generous, strategic marketing.

Personally, it doesn't really effect our family. When you stay in a moderate or higher you get free coffee anyway. We don't drink soda, and tea bags are easy to bring. With the DDP I never need additonal drinks, but if I did need more I could use the snack option. And since the water in FL tastes nasty, we brink flavor packets anyway.

Now, if they sold a refillable mug for alcohol...... >;-)

My DH and I are passholders, which made my DD think of interesting point. She suggested that Disney should offer refillable mugs that are good for one year rather than the length of your visit. I've been there 3x in the past year, but because I always get the DDP, I don't need the mugs. But for people that do, to purchase new mugs at every visit during one years time is very un-green, because, really, how many mugs can one household use? Not that Disney will listen to us, but this plan seems more realistic. Most families probably don't go more than once a year anyway, and for those that do, its a little thank-you for returning to Dsiney so soon.

Does anyone know what they are doing with resorts other than All Star right now?? Is the mug limited to 5 refills pre-day and then your can purchase additional fills in groups of 5 or are they unlimited for the day? We are heading the AKL and BCV in 9 days and I was just wondering what is going on in other resorts.

Does anyone know what they are doing with resorts other than All Star right now?? Is the mug limited to 5 refills pre-day and then your can purchase additional fills in groups of 5 or are they unlimited for the day? We are heading the AKL and BCV in 9 days and I was just wondering what is going on in other resorts.

The only news about a new system test is that it is specifically at All Star Sports. I'd say you can expect the refill mugs at all the other resorts to be the regular mugs and unlimited refills.

You read my mind! I was just about to say the same thing. Or, they could go back to the original mug plan, which is very green, where you purchase a mug, its good forever. Since they continue to raise resort prices anyway, the resort price would cover the cost of the drinks, but the guests would believe they are getting something for free. Disney would actually make more money while looking very generous, strategic marketing.

Personally, it doesn't really effect our family. When you stay in a moderate or higher you get free coffee anyway. We don't drink soda, and tea bags are easy to bring. With the DDP I never need additonal drinks, but if I did need more I could use the snack option. And since the water in FL tastes nasty, we brink flavor packets anyway.

Now, if they sold a refillable mug for alcohol...... >;-)

the forever mug would just be too "dreamy", there is a reason they switched(money). disney would still get their money and severely cut down on drink pirating! all they would have to do is raise the price of the room like 5$ maybe 6$ a night which isn't that much to gripe about. (i have read enough of these threads to know that people will complain)

don't drink a lot pop myself but mix the tea and lemonade! i agree about the nasty water in fl! i brought like 5 boxes of packets last time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter