(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 4 POR mugs (2 fat ones and 2 cup holder size) from 2005 and we still use them at home. We haven't been back to POR since we bought DVC. That would be a nice owners perk - purchase a DVC forever mug. But that's a discussion altogether! :thumbsup2

In the late 90's, when you bought at refillable mug at OKW, you had to pay for refills, but they cost $1.

I don't think it was a catch. All resorts (at least the ones we visited) had the forever mugs. You just happened to visit a resort that changed names. I bet if you were at that resort today you would have no issue in using your forever mug

Folks, a reminder that the title of this FAQ thread says 'no debate'. We are not going to argue the 'forever mugs' topic (again).

The purpose of this thread is to help those who are planning vacations and need to know how the mug system currently works. If you want to continue the discussion on the whens and whys of mug policy from nearly 10 years ago, please do it via PM. Any further posts on the topic here will be removed.

Folks, a reminder that the title of this FAQ thread says 'no debate'. We are not going to argue the 'forever mugs' topic (again).

The purpose of this thread is to help those who are planning vacations and need to know how the mug system currently works. If you want to continue the discussion on the whens and whys of mug policy from nearly 10 years ago, please do it via PM. Any further posts on the topic here will be removed.
Sorry Lynne....I forgot. I deleted my post. Kinda forgot which board I was on. Duh.

Hi can someone please confirm for me if the current mugs have the full pattern on or are they like the pic on post 1? Here's hoping for a new mug!!

If no one goes before We do Mar 9 2011, I'll report from SSR and VBR on the mug status. Here's hoping for a new design though..:cheer2:

I can also report what SSR serves at the refilling station as well as VBR. I'll try to get to as many refill stations around the resort world and take pics for all my Dis Mug friends!!

Hi can someone please confirm for me if the current mugs have the full pattern on or are they like the pic on post 1? Here's hoping for a new mug!!

The current red Celebrate Today mugs are the full pattern. The pic on post 1 is what they looked like when they first came out in 09.

I tried to search the thread for this and didn't come up with an answer, so forgive me if the info is already here!

What is the price, generally, at the resorts for a cup of coffee or a soda or iced tea (without the mug)? We'll only be at POFQ for six days, so I just need to figure out if it is worth it for us to buy the refillable mugs or not!

For a small coffee it was $1.69...IMHP, I feel that the mugs are worth the investment. I usually get a cup of coffee in the morning, then one on the way to the bus, I carry the mug with me, rinse it out and ask for ice in a cup and then put water in the mug and then add my single serve lemonade or tea..then when I go back to the room in the afternoon, I get it with soda or lemonade, tea etc...then before bed I get a fill up with whatever:) It's great to have...

I tried to search the thread for this and didn't come up with an answer, so forgive me if the info is already here!

What is the price, generally, at the resorts for a cup of coffee or a soda or iced tea (without the mug)? We'll only be at POFQ for six days, so I just need to figure out if it is worth it for us to buy the refillable mugs or not!

I am also not sure what the price per coffee or soda is. The refill mug becomes worth it if you know for certain you'll be having at least a couple of drinks a day.

I suppose if you estimate exactly one cup of coffee or soda per day, at let's say even as high as $2, times 6 days then that will be cheaper that the refill mug.

But if you use the refill mug like a lot of people and you get 2-3 refills a day or more, then the refill mug is worth it. Or, perhaps you make sure it's worth it by refilling that much each day. I will get at least two cups of coffee in the morning, soda or lemonade heading to the bus, and then get 1-2 more sodas upon returning to the resort.

The other thing I was thinking can't exactly be quantified, and that's the convenience of the refill mug. Once you buy it you just go to the refill stations in the food court. With individual drinks you have to get in line with everyone buying their food, order the drink to get the cup (which they keep at the registers) and then go fill up. While the refill stations can be busy at times, it's most likely faster than buying drinks one at a time.

The cups are very much worth it if you are any kind coffie/soda drinker. Usually comeing back from a park that day i can down two of the mugs with soda:drinking1 before refilling it to take back to the room. The mugs do not hold 12 oz with Ice,its more like 6 to 8 oz. So we get our moneys worth almost daily. Plus Its a great souvener that you can use daily:cool1:

I'd love to see pictures of all the old refillable mugs and what year they were from. Does anybody have any?

The other thing I was thinking can't exactly be quantified, and that's the convenience of the refill mug. Once you buy it you just go to the refill stations in the food court. With individual drinks you have to get in line with everyone buying their food, order the drink to get the cup (which they keep at the registers) and then go fill up. While the refill stations can be busy at times, it's most likely faster than buying drinks one at a time.

Oh, good point!

I'd love to see pictures of all the old refillable mugs and what year they were from. Does anybody have any?

Here are some that I've posted previously in other threads:

Sports 2004 and Movies 2003
46832Sports_2004_Movies_2003_re.JPG

BW 2002 and 1998
46832BW_2002_1998_re.JPG

GF 2007
46832GF_2007_re.JPG

SSR 2006
46832SSR_2006_re.JPG

YOAMD mug 2007
46832P1030013re.jpg

I also have resort mugs from CR, Poly, and Y&BC, I just don't have pictures of them.

Those are neat. I have a couple I got from garage sales but not sure what year they are from. One is from all sports with a purple lid and the image all sports on it, the other is red lid with all the disney caracters on them. I like the old style better. I also have one I got in 1995 from Epcot but it says Disney university on it, it's gray with a dk green lid.

Sorry if this question has been asked, just wanted to clarify...you get a mug for free with the Quick Service meal plan but NOT with the Package plus dining plan, correct? I would have to pay for this out of pocket at the resort. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter