• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I was afraid that would be the answer. I just hope its not a really long walk to the food court from the main pool. We plan on spending a good amount of time there so I know we will be utilizing the mugs often.
Well, I'll put it this way, the walk from the main pool to the food court is not convenient at POR.

Ugh....that is not good news. :sad1: I guess I will have to drink slow then because I am not going to spend my time running back and forth and I get really thirsty in the heat.

I read on another site that you can't have your refillable mug filled at any of the resorts pool bars.

When I was there at the end of March, we were able to refill our mugs at the Boardwalk pool bar (they filled the cup directly) and the Sand Bar at the Contemporary pool (after looking at the mug, they fill a disposable cup and then you can pour that soda into your mug). I don't have experience with POR.

I always thought pool bars gave you cups to pour in, too. I didn't want to say it though, because I haven't done it myself. Lol

For what it's worth...I don't think the walk from the main pool at POR to the food court is bad at all. We had to walk past the pool to get to the food court from our room. Don't get discouraged. Wait and try it for yourself.

We are leaving in 16 days! Woohoo! :yay: Sorry if this has been asked before. Does anyone have experience with the new option where you check-in online in advance and they email/text you the room number so you can skip the check-in desk at the resort? In that case, how/where do you get your mugs? Thanks!

We are leaving in 16 days! Woohoo! :yay: Sorry if this has been asked before. Does anyone have experience with the new option where you check-in online in advance and they email/text you the room number so you can skip the check-in desk at the resort? In that case, how/where do you get your mugs? Thanks!
Mugs were never given to you at check in. You have to "purchase" them at your resort food court. You can do this anytime at your convenience.

Mugs were never given to you at check in. You have to "purchase" them at your resort food court. You can do this anytime at your convenience.

I didn't know, at the desk was just a guess. Thanks for the info! I'm guessing we "purchase" them and they scan our bands to see we're on the meal plan and they're covered by that. Correct?

How much is the current price for the mugs? I've gotten them as part of the dining package for the past 4-5 visits and nevr paid attention.

I apologize if this question has been answered before but it is a long thread.....I read on another site that you can't have your refillable mug filled at any of the resorts pool bars. Is this true? We stayed at coronado in 2009 and we were able to buy and refill our mugs at the pool bar there. This trip we are staying at POR. Is the food court close to the main pool there?
We just came back from a stay at the Grand Floridian and you could refill at the Beach Pool- not sure about the courtyard pool as didn't spend any time there. Also when we stayed at BLT last July you could refill at the pool bar there.

I've looked through the last several pages of this thread, don't find the answer I need (and don't have the fortitude to keep going through all 160+ pages)... Can the mugs be re-activated on a future trip? We've amassed about two dozen of them, I decided to donate most of them to Goodwill--I mean, really, how many do two people need in one household? LOL--but retained our two most recent. Can we re-use them on some future trip? I don't mind paying the full price to do so, I just hate to consume yet another plastic mug if we can be environmentally conscious and re-use.

Thanks,
Cindi

I've looked through the last several pages of this thread, don't find the answer I need (and don't have the fortitude to keep going through all 160+ pages)... Can the mugs be re-activated on a future trip? We've amassed about two dozen of them, I decided to donate most of them to Goodwill--I mean, really, how many do two people need in one household? LOL--but retained our two most recent. Can we re-use them on some future trip? I don't mind paying the full price to do so, I just hate to consume yet another plastic mug if we can be environmentally conscious and re-use.

Thanks,
Cindi

Yes you can, as long as they aren't too old. The RFID chip is designed to have a 2 year life span. If it doesn't work any longer, you will have to get a new one. But yes, it is possible to pay for a mug and just have them activate one of your old ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter