(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not soda drinkers at all, maybe ice tea or coffee, but seems weird to put coffee in the mug.

It's not weird. It's like a commuter mug at home. Coffee is the only reason I've ever gotten a mug.

I doubt they will put water directly in the mugs at the parks because of germs. You can get cups of water and pour them into the mugs but they aren't going to directly refill them.

It's not weird. It's like a commuter mug at home. Coffee is the only reason I've ever gotten a mug.

I doubt they will put water directly in the mugs at the parks because of germs. You can get cups of water and pour them into the mugs but they aren't going to directly refill them.
Thanks!!

Any changes in mugs since last November. I know they usually only change every couple of years. Will be back in a few weeks.

I recently did a split stay (end of March). On the first portion of the trip, we got the dining plan with mugs. We didn't have the dining plan for the second part of our stay. I asked the CM if I could pay extra to extend until the end of our trip and he said they were automatically set to the length of your stay... even if we were doing a split stay. Now I am thinking that they weren't automatically extended for the length of our stay, but for 2 weeks (because there is no other option - but I did not know that at the time). I am returning this summer and have a split stay as well. If I do the dining plan at the end of my stay, can I pick up the mugs at the beginning of the entire stay? If what the CM said was true, I would think yes. But if what actually happened is what I think happened, I would think no. Does anyone have experience with this?

You wouldn't be able to pick up the mug at the beginning of your stay because it comes with your dining plan, which is attached to the second half of your stay.

So they aren't really length of stay, they are start of your dining plan (for 2 weeks beyond).

So they aren't really length of stay, they are start of your dining plan (for 2 weeks beyond).

When you're getting it as part of your dining plan, yes. If you didn't get the dining plan for either part of your trip, you could buy the mug at the beginning of the trip and it would be good for the entire stay (well, up to two weeks).

OK, thanks for the clarification. I guess when I heard him explain that it was good for the length of my stay and that I didn't have to upgrade, I assumed the mug was more sophisticated and tied into my MDE account, knowing how long I was there. But in actuality, it is just a cup that has an RFID chip that is good for 2 weeks and has nothing to do with my MDE account or my specific resort reservations.

OK, thanks for the clarification. I guess when I heard him explain that it was good for the length of my stay and that I didn't have to upgrade, I assumed the mug was more sophisticated and tied into my MDE account, knowing how long I was there. But in actuality, it is just a cup that has an RFID chip that is good for 2 weeks and has nothing to do with my MDE account or my specific resort reservations.

Correct. It is not tied to MDE at all.

When I filled my mug, there was a screen on the soda machine that gave me a date, saying my refills were good till a certain date (it was past our stay- I wasn't on a dining plan).

They typically set the length of stay to 2 weeks when you get the mug and if you go beyond the 2 week window, they will extend the mug beyond that.

Does anyone have pictures of the old original forever mugs? I know I have a box in the attic we put such things away in, and I am equally certain that at least my old Coronado mugs are late 90s and were sold that way, but have no writing as I recall. We stayed all over in the late 90s, and bought mugs. I just want to know what I am looking for before giving the box to goodwill.

Hi, sorry skimmed around 1st page and last few and regular search and cant find my answer.
I chug coffee a LOT (3 little boys,lol) and my mom drinks a lot of soda. How often can you fill the current mugs? Is there a X time between refills or max per day? Also is it only during your resorts food court times or available 24 hrs? (for possible early mornings and late nights at parks) We will be at Art of Animation. THANKS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter