(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had the choice everyday and all day for anything that was at the beverage station...I would like to add, the new coffee is very good...I was surprised but so thankful as that "old" coffee was yucky....

This is the first I've read that coffee is attached to the RFID mugs. Everything else I've seen says coffee, tea, iced tea and water are not part of that.

I've having a hard time imagining all the new Joffrey coffee urns being outfitted with the RFID system right now. I wonder if the poster was just having a hard time getting the coffee to dispense and it has nothing to do with chips.

I've having a hard time imagining all the new Joffrey coffee urns being outfitted with the RFID system right now. I wonder if the poster was just having a hard time getting the coffee to dispense and it has nothing to do with chips.

That's what I'm thinking too.

Very detailed RFID mug report from The Disney Food Blog. Lots of pictures of the mugs and the soda dispensers.

Great link. That should reduce the number of repeat questions about the new mug system...Nah :rotfl2:.

So the mug says

“Refills available at no additional charge atResort Beverage Island located in the resort that this mug was purchased through the end of your resort stay.”

But CMs are saying it can be used at any resort. So which is it?

Very detailed RFID mug report from The Disney Food Blog. Lots of pictures of the mugs and the soda dispensers.

This article brought up a concern. It says you can use your kttw card to determine how long the mug is for. But I have an AP and I am doing a split stay with a room only booking...

Anyone know if just simply giving your last day date is fine?

No I had no trouble getting coffee at anytime, however, the one pot/urn was empty and it gave me a dab of coffee. The CM explained to me, that I would have to wait 40 seconds to be able to fill my mug..the whole beverage setup is this way. It didn't cause me alarm once he explained the reason. I went to another pot and filled the mug and went on my way.

No I had no trouble getting coffee at anytime, however, the one pot/urn was empty and it gave me a dab of coffee. The CM explained to me, that I would have to wait 40 seconds to be able to fill my mug..the whole beverage setup is this way. It didn't cause me alarm once he explained the reason. I went to another pot and filled the mug and went on my way.

Ok just to be clear, so coffee is definitely on the new RFID system? So did you notice if tea and hot chocolate are also RFID too?

Yes, both hot chocolate and tea..iced tea as well as hot tea. However, I didn't notice decaf teabags or decaf iced tea.

Update from the World (8/17)....

Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge are both still using the old mugs (blue, pink and black) and there is no sign of RapidFill.

Update from the World (8/17)....

Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge are both still using the old mugs (blue, pink and black) and there is no sign of RapidFill.

Can you use the RapidFill mugs at their regular stations?

We were staying at ASMusic from 8/6 to 8/13. The first day I noticed they were selling the "new" colors only ... lavender, orange, black but the machines weren't turned on. I noticed about a third of the guests still had the pink and blue cups.

A couple of days later I noticed the rapid fill was turned on but didn't hang around to see how it was going. It was a slow time and I was just running in to bring some soups back to the room. It did seem a smaller percentage of people had the pink and blue... more like 10-20%.

On the 11th we stopped by AKL after a day in the parks and picked up some of those zebra cake things. It appeared they were selling only pink, blue, and (maybe black?) there. I didn't notice the Rapid Refill thing at all but I wasn't paying the closest attention.

On the first day I had considered getting the mugs but I'm so glad we didn't. We were put in Country Fair which is the farthest from the food court. We only ate in the food court the first night and I picked up the soups a different night. It was weird because in my request for my reservation my first wish was "anywhere but Country Fair". However, we did get our connecting rooms and that was good. We had a car anyway so we didn't have to make the haul often. We drove to the parks except Magic Kingdom (that one is always easier to take the bus IMO.)

Can you use the RapidFill mugs at their regular stations?

I don't know officially but I would certainly think so as they are sold with they idea that you can use them at any resort... hence the higher price.

We were staying at ASMusic from 8/6 to 8/13. The first day I noticed they were selling the "new" colors only ... lavender, orange, black but the machines weren't turned on. I noticed about a third of the guests still had the pink and blue.

The new colors are lavender, orange and green. Black is one of old colors. They may have been selling old and new mugs.

Ok just to be clear, so coffee is definitely on the new RFID system? So did you notice if tea and hot chocolate are also RFID too?

Yes, both hot chocolate and tea..iced tea as well as hot tea. However, I didn't notice decaf teabags or decaf iced tea.

noahdove, what we really want to know is if the non-soda dispensers are using any kind of video display or automatic filling system. The news and expectation is that only the soda dispensers have this technology, which the coffee, iced tea, and hot chocolate dispensers are still just manual fill not tied to an electronic RFID chip.

If you're just telling us that you can use a mug and get coffee, hot chocolate, and tea, that's to be expected as it's been that way all along.

The new colors are lavender, orange and green. Black is one of old colors. They may have been selling old and new mugs.

What bad colours! They likely won't appeal to many people. Black, blue and pink were far more appealing IMO :)

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Do you happen to know which resorts are selling the new mugs, and do you have to be staying there to buy the new ones?

Youngest DS and DH's favorite color is orange, and they would LOVE one or two! Lol

I don't drink a lot of soda. But, on vacation I like to have a Diet Coke for dinner at Pop Century. Will I be able to buy a drink in a paper cup or is that gone now? I'm guessing it will have to be in a purchased bottle or can?

I'm thinking I should just bring a couple of sodas from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter