>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by CanadianGuy, Apr 20, 2010.

1. WishingMom

WishingMom DIS Veteran

That's what I'm hoping too

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. BebopBaloo

BebopBaloo DIS Veteran

Good thought, but I think they are just updating the food court there and then at the other All Stars because they are so outdated decor wise.

I think the rumor is that the new RFID mugs and machines will be put into place this month.

4. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

The food court at All-Star Sports is closing August 5th through the end of the year. Certainly we can expect the new Rapid Fill system to be added during that refurb.

But the report is indicating that the new system will be coming to All-Star resorts in July, so I think that means it's coming to Music and Movies this month.

5. zorro77

zorro77 DVC Member Since 93

So, we stay at OKW and will be there for a couple weeks Oct/Nov. What is thought that they would have new plan for mugs in OKW resort by then ? Also it was said that chip time changes after 11:59 pm and if i was to check in say 7pm and bought a mug i am only have'n a 5 hour window for first day. Will the resorts have the drinks station open till 11:59pm or close at 10 or 11pm like they do today. Will coffee also be included in the drink program as it is today.

6. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Hard to say right now.

If you bought the one day option, yes you will only have 5 hours of use.

That was not specified. However, I have a feeling they will close as they do now.

Yes.

7. zorro77

zorro77 DVC Member Since 93

thanks for the info. With seven in our party this fall hope all is settled by time of our visit.

8. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Mugs don't work all that great at OKW because the resort is pretty big and the number of refill stations are pretty limited. Instead, just fill your refrigerator with all your favorites and skip the mugs.

9. Paula Sedley-Burke

Paula Sedley-Burke Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

I wonder what happens with a spilt stay? We are doing split stay between SSR/AKV I hope I can pay once to cover all nights and that it doesn't count as two stays.

10. Paula Sedley-Burke

Is there a caveat that says everyone in the room has to have a refillable mug does anyone know?

11. BebopBaloo

BebopBaloo DIS Veteran

No, they don't make you buy a certain number. They don't make you buy any at all.

12. Paula Sedley-Burke

Cool thanks.

13. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

As answered above, if you are paying out of pocket you can buy as few or as many mugs as you want.

If you are on a dining plan, each person on your reservation/in your room will have a refillable mug credit to redeem. You don't need to use all those credits, but they are included with the dining plan.

14. Paula Sedley-Burke

Great thanks. We have a spilt stay with a cruise in the middle so I think this is gonna mess up the 17.99 deal for the entire stay!

15. wdwtink

wdwtink Earning My Ears

I am also hoping for a new mug design, have 12 of this one. Don't mind the chip but really would love a new design

16. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

According to the guy claiming to work for Disney in the comments section of the Orlando Theme Parks news article, the design will be the same (with an added logo) but there will be new colors.

17. smidgy

smidgy dimples

now I could understand if the interruption in the "dsiney vacation" was a few nights at the evil empire down the street (aka Universal, which we also love ;)).

but if I were doing an entire Diseny vacation, I would bring all the paper work and the mugs to a manager, if need be, at the 2nd resort (the one after the disney cruise),and prove to them that I am still on my single disney vacation. and politley explain to them why they should either reactivate the chips or give me new mugs, since I am still on my disney vacation (not so if it's a dif. cruise line)

18. Paula Sedley-Burke

Actually good idea! I will thank you :-)

19. PrincessBelle39

PrincessBelle39 DIS Veteran

I was wondering about this as this is what we are doing also. 5 nights, cruise and 3 nights.

20. rquebral

rquebral Earning My Ears

It depends on the resort, some have minute maid light lemonade and others have light Pomegranate lemonade. We stayed at POP in Feb and POR in June, both had the light lemonade. AKV had Pomegranate the last time we stayed there.

21. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

I was at ASMu in June, they had the light pomegranate lemonade.