>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by CanadianGuy, Apr 20, 2010.

1. StrwLady

StrwLady DIS Veteran

As much as I am hoping for a new mug in August, I don't expect there will be a change. But I just thought a good "Limited Time Magic" item/event would be a different mug. I'll just go to bed and dream of it. :)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. BigTikiDaddy

BigTikiDaddy DIS Dad #574 Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

That would actually be a very good idea.

4. LB1122

LB1122 Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one o

:cheer2:
    Love this idea and think with some of the rewards different hotels just got for being more green they might go for this if more people bring it up to them...Maybe instead of buying a new one a reduced fee for using it in a new trip...unless of course you get the dining plan which includes this cost already?

5. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

6. CuppieCake04

CuppieCake04 Mouseketeer

I agree. We arrive in 3 weeks. If they are not at pop already, i might go to all stars to redeem my mugs. Especially if they are a new design..LOL

although that will scrap the idea of me bringing a cup from last year to get an extra cup of coffee in the morning.. with out the extra walk....LOL

7. smidgy

smidgy dimples

I really dislike that the mugs won't be microwaveable!!! I use my "collection" of disney mugs all the time at home; nuke up a cup of tea in them for my drive to work.

8. CarrieR

CarrieR DIS Veteran

Hmmm. We got the DDP for our first night this year - a package - and then room-only the rest of the time. Part of the math was that we would get the mug that first night, and have it for length-of-stay. Wonder if now it will be pre-loaded with just two days (c/i and c/o)? That seriously messes with my math! I wonder if they'll be able to just charge me the difference between the paid two days and the length of stay pass?

Overall I am fine with the program - we get mugs for longer stays, don't get them for shorter ones. I am hoping that we will be able to "re-up" them now - as AP holders we sometimes get three or four sets of mugs in a year!

I am super hopeful there will be new mug designs, though!! I have a million and ten of the beach scene.

9. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Interestingly, this report about the new Rapid Fill program (complete with logo) also shows what looks like mug artwork using the new logo but with...the same character pool scene. Maybe they will at least change the lid and handle color choices.

10. rock_doctor

rock_doctor DIS Veteran

I would assume you can, just not at Disney as the microwaves will destroy the rifd chip. Once home you don't care about it.

11. smidgy

smidgy dimples

oh! silly me! I do know there are some plastics that aren't microwavable.

on another note, I am pleased that it sounds like they will be accomodatding split stays, (as they should, since so many of us like to sample all of disney's wonderful resorts!)

12. faylynn24

faylynn24 DIS Veteran

Okay I'm kinda confuesed so if we are on the dining plan will my days be loaded on my mug? Or will I have to purchase them for the mugs I get with the dining plan?

13. StrwLady

StrwLady DIS Veteran

Looking at the pic of the Rapid Fill logo it does seem that will be the design of the new rapid full mug. I hope that maybe they (the person who did the article) didn't yet have a picture of the cup design or maybe didn't want to preview it with the announcement of the RFID system.

We will see. I'll be there mid August. Hopefully the system will be up and running at the Pop by then. If not I may do like another poster said. Go over to the All Stars to redeem my mug credits.

14. StrwLady

StrwLady DIS Veteran

You will get a mug loaded with days corresponding to the length of stay of the dining plan that you received the mug on.

Example. Reservation with dining plan Aug 1 to Aug 8. Mug will be usable from the time you check in until Aug 8th at 11:59pm

If you were not on the dining plan you would need to purchase a mug with the number of days you intend to use it.

15. texasteacher35

texasteacher35 DIS Veteran

Having the chip in the cup...lots of micromanaging of guests. LOL

16. poggs

poggs Mouseketeer

As a DVC member from the UK, we tend to come for 21 -24 days every three years and have 3 or more resort moves during that time.

Does anyone know if I can get a cup for the entire stay, or do I need to get 3 cups (I wont!)

If I can get a 24 day cup, is the cost listed anywhere?

17. BuckeyeBama

BuckeyeBama You are stronger than you think.

From what I have read, yes - you will be able to use a single cup for all stays as long as reservations can confirm the connected stays. If you are leaving to go to a non-Disney resort at some point in the middle (like Universal), this would require a second cup for the secong WDW portion of your trip. The cost for any length beyond 4 days is $17.99, and this takes into account the need for guests who stay for more than 14 days - so no extra for longer stays.

18. 5boyz

5boyz DIS Veteran

subscribing

19. poggs

poggs Mouseketeer

Well as we do go to universal for a night, twice during the three weeks, this new cup policy blows big time.

No way am i buying twelve cups at $18 each. Total gouging.

Shame really. Kids loved going and filling their cups on the way back to the room. Will simply put the savings towards car hire. Means im not tied to disney restaurants as well!

Might actually save some money after all!

20. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Well, guests won't manage themselves, so Disney has to micromanage with a micromanageable chip. ;)

21. angelmom27

angelmom27 DIS Veteran

Isn't the food court at all stars closed during this time for remodel. I think I have read something about it. That might be why they are starting there first.