***The official September, 2016 Thread !!!***

thanks for the help, Azjenn and sunshinemelody! I really appreciate it. We are going during the Value Season, just wasn't sure if it is worth the price for our family: me, dw, dd7, ds4, and dd3. Would love to use the Wishes Dessert Party! Sounds so magical:tinker:

thanks for the help, Azjenn and sunshinemelody! I really appreciate it. We are going during the Value Season, just wasn't sure if it is worth the price for our family: me, dw, dd7, ds4, and dd3. Would love to use the Wishes Dessert Party! Sounds so magical:tinker:
You're very welcome. :) Hope your family has a great time!

IT IS OFFICIAL!!! We are going back to the World...! My sister booked a bounce back for everyone last week, so we are taking a family getaway! Woo hoo! Our dates are September 17-24th. cannot wait to get back!!!:banana:
Let the countdown begin!! :ccat:

We have confirmed....split stay 5 nights POFQ and 5 nights Beach Club....Sept 21 to Oct 1.....335 days to go!!!

:welcome:Seeingstars !!! Glad you could join our group. What hotel are you staying at?

Hello, I dont know if this has been asked.....is there a facebook group for this Thread?

Hi Everyone - I just booked finally ! We are staying at AKL Jambo House with a savannah view. I got the resort via DVC points from Dvcrental.com They were $14 a point but the process was smooth. It was just over 1000 dollars for the room. Compare that to 3000 from disney directly !! I purchased my tickets via a tickets at work website that my company uses and got the regular dining plan. I even customized my magic bands already. I'm pumped up and ready to go !!! Only 309 days left !! Wahoo !!!!!

Hi Skippyman111...i hope you dont mind me asking...when you rent points from a DVC rental are you able to buy the dining plan?...also...is the reservation under your name or the owner of the points?

Thanks...Im looking into doing the same but need more info...

Hi Skippyman111...i hope you dont mind me asking...when you rent points from a DVC rental are you able to buy the dining plan?...also...is the reservation under your name or the owner of the points?

Thanks...Im looking into doing the same but need more info...
Hi Ctniners - I don't mind at all. This was my first time renting points and it was very smooth. You can get the dining plan at the same time as the hotel booking. Although you have to give your credit card information to the person that owns the points so that they can make the reservation for you. The dvcrental place (David's - which you can find on the DVC rental board) says that you can also buy a disney gift card and give them that number along with the pin if you are uncomfortable giving out your credit card information. Once they book, it will be added to the My Disney Experience section of the website so that you can make your dining reservations.

Overall, I'm happy with the process that I went through. Like I said, I bought my tickets separately as David's doesn't sell tickets, so I'm not sure how they are going to be linked to my MDE account. The website says that you can buy your tickets from one of their sponsors and they will be linked up. I got my tickets cheaper than the sponsor had them for, so that's why I went that route.

If you have more questions, just let me know. Like I said above, I paid just over 1,000 for AKL savannah view. On the WDW site, retail was over 3,000. I think I got a good deal :) The reservation is under your name, so when you get to the resort, you just give them your name and ID and they will pull it up. It also shows up under the MDE link on the WDW website.

Joining in!! We're planning on going Sept.3-17, then heading over to the dark side from the 17th-24th. We're not booked yet as I always wait until the room only discounts come out for that time period in Spring 2016, but we're planning on doing a split stay, first week at Beach Club 2bdrm villa and the second week at SSR in a 2 bdrm villa. We've been to both before and they're our two favourite resorts. :) This will be our 5th trip to WDW, and our 4th time going in September. All the reports of the crowds from this year have me nervous though, but hopefully crowds aren't too bad next year.

All the reports of the crowds from this year have me nervous though, but hopefully crowds aren't too bad next year.
Agreed. It's my first time in September, second time to Disney, and I'm really hoping that crowds aren't going to spike super quickly.

Joining in!! We're planning on going Sept.3-17, then heading over to the dark side from the 17th-24th. We're not booked yet as I always wait until the room only discounts come out for that time period in Spring 2016, but we're planning on doing a split stay, first week at Beach Club 2bdrm villa and the second week at SSR in a 2 bdrm villa. We've been to both before and they're our two favourite resorts. :) This will be our 5th trip to WDW, and our 4th time going in September. All the reports of the crowds from this year have me nervous though, but hopefully crowds aren't too bad next year.
:welcome:Sahmoffour !!!! Glad you joined our group ! Sounds like you have a lot of people going if you are getting the 2 bed villa. I've never been with more than my wife and myself lol. As far as crowd reports go, I use a fairly accurate crowd predictor and it has low crowds for at least the 6th - 11th (when I plan on going). I'm not sure about the 3rd - 6th though or after the 11th. But hey - it'll be better than July !!!

:welcome:Sahmoffour !!!! Glad you joined our group ! Sounds like you have a lot of people going if you are getting the 2 bed villa. I've never been with more than my wife and myself lol. As far as crowd reports go, I use a fairly accurate crowd predictor and it has low crowds for at least the 6th - 11th (when I plan on going). I'm not sure about the 3rd - 6th though or after the 11th. But hey - it'll be better than July !!!

Yes, my hubby and I, plus our 4 kids (they'll be 14, 12, 9, and 8 for the trip). I really enjoy having the extra space and the kitchen and laundry in our room, especially in the September humidity!! We've gone in September every year except for this one, and 2012. It definitely has seen a steady increase each year in crowds, but the reports and photos I saw of this year were insane! I believe that was mostly due to Rosh Hashana this year though, and schools getting a 4 day weekend mid-month, so hopefully next year it's not as busy. I'm a bit worried about what the room discounts will be, as we don't like free dining so tend to book the room only discount. January 2015 had a discount of 30%, whereas the discount for January 2016 is only 25%. So I'm wondering if they're scaling back the discounts for the entire year. :(

They definitely seem to be scaling back on the discounts, which has me worried as well! We really want to book CR or BC, but not sure if we can if we don't get a good discount OR free dining. I'll take either!!! I wish they would just announce the discounts already though, just so I know....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter