***The official September, 2016 Thread !!!***

Thanks for the heads up. That's our arrival day. I guess they predict it will be super busy! :crazy2:

Oh I hope not.. everyone's been raving about how great the crowds were the last couple weeks, I hope it stays that way for two more weeks! But they've extended the hours twice now.. I guess they're expecting a rush!
I am super excited to score 7DMT though... They had been completely out by the time I could finally plan our FP+. I hope it motivates some of us to get there on time... my husband has no clue about Disney and thinks I'm crazy for the endless research and note-taking! I've been lurking these boards for almost a year.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a BBB reservation on Friday the 30th that is earlier than 5pm.
Also looking for an 8 am ADR character breakfast at Hollywood Studios on 10/1 (Saturday). Please let me know if anyone is letting either of these go so I can snag! Thanks!

12 glorious working days.. 17 total days.. :)

To follow up this post from page 42:
"23 days from now we'll be at the MK getting ready to go to Chef Mickey's for dinner (I know, I know, it was my 4 y/o nephews choice). :)

Another great bit of news is that I've been interviewing for a new job lately and I have been given three offers from three different potential employers. All of the offers have in writing that I will be able to take our Sept 2016, Nov. 2016 and Jan 2017 trips to WDW. That was the key for when I was looking. Didn't want to be out almost $12,000 (I always buy travel insurance so we wouldn't have been out but still don't want the hassle of a claim).

All three offers are significantly more $$$ than my current position also.:) "

Today I accepted one of the offers from a very well known company that has been around over 120 years. It is a 12% pay increase and an 8% bonus/profit sharing plan from what I currently make. 3 paid weeks of vacation which is outstanding. My start date is after our end of Sept (24th thru Oct. 1st) trip which will not count against my 3 weeks of vacation. :) That means I will only use 7 days of vacation on our next two trips in Nov. (Wine & Dine Half weekend getaway) and Jan. 2017 (Wife's Dopey Challenge week).

Sorry to post this but I am very excited. I have been doing what I do for almost 20 years and this is the most compensation I have made and most vacation I have been offered. That is with staying with the same company for over 10 years. A fresh start is always exciting.

I realize this is a bit late but congrats! That's amazing!

Only 6 more days! I'm flying out of Raleigh, NC while my mother is flying from Cleveland, OH. It's our first mother-daughter trip. We cannot wait any longer!

Oh I hope not.. everyone's been raving about how great the crowds were the last couple weeks, I hope it stays that way for two more weeks! But they've extended the hours twice now.. I guess they're expecting a rush!
I am super excited to score 7DMT though... They had been completely out by the time I could finally plan our FP+. I hope it motivates some of us to get there on time... my husband has no clue about Disney and thinks I'm crazy for the endless research and note-taking! I've been lurking these boards for almost a year.
If your DH is anything like my DH, he will totally appreciate and understand all the prep work when you get there. My DH thinks it is stressful to plan out a Disney trip, but I say that's half the fun! It is basically my hobby!

Is anyone there (or who has been before) confirm if they place a hold on your cc with check in? We checked in online and it made me enter a cc, but our trip is prepaid. I get incidentals blah blah blah, but I've never gotten a definitive answer. We have 2k available on the cc and that's our spending money too (for points purposes mostly, I have spending budgeted in our bank account to use to pay that cc bill). We're staying at ASMo if it helps.

Is anyone there (or who has been before) confirm if they place a hold on your cc with check in? We checked in online and it made me enter a cc, but our trip is prepaid. I get incidentals blah blah blah, but I've never gotten a definitive answer. We have 2k available on the cc and that's our spending money too (for points purposes mostly, I have spending budgeted in our bank account to use to pay that cc bill). We're staying at ASMo if it helps.

I've never had Disney put a hold on my card that was placed for incidentals, I've always had to put a card on file even when the reservation was paid for with gift cards

We leave in 8 days (25th) and still haven't told the kids!! But plan to tonight with a picture montage...can't wait to see their reaction!!

Ok, now off to catch up on the Sept thread and read some latest reviews!!

We leave in 8 days (25th) and still haven't told the kids!! But plan to tonight with a picture montage...can't wait to see their reaction!!

Ok, now off to catch up on the Sept thread and read some latest reviews!!

How did it go? We considered not telling our kids until the morning of, but at the time (1.5) years ago he wouldn't have tolerated such a deviation from routine, so I ruled it out. Now though we could probably have pulled it off.

So close and yet so far.... 4 and a half more work days left. I took Friday afternoon off as I know my mind is going to be elsewhere anyway!

How did it go? We considered not telling our kids until the morning of, but at the time (1.5) years ago he wouldn't have tolerated such a deviation from routine, so I ruled it out. Now though we could probably have pulled it off.
I'm wondering too! We are headed for a short weekend in 10 days and I am planning to pick up DD who is almost 5 from school and tell her then on the way to the airport! I do feel a little bad depriving her of being able to add to the packing but at least this way I won't have a ton of unnecessary stuff. I think I can probably figure out what she would bring anyway..

I'm wondering too! We are headed for a short weekend in 10 days and I am planning to pick up DD who is almost 5 from school and tell her then on the way to the airport! I do feel a little bad depriving her of being able to add to the packing but at least this way I won't have a ton of unnecessary stuff. I think I can probably figure out what she would bring anyway..

Thanks for thinking of us!!
We told them on Sunday during lunch. I asked the kids to come to eat and told them I wanted to show them a picture montage I tried making with the new computer. I streamed it to the Apple TV for them to watch. There was a bunch of picture slides from all the fun things we did over the past year and then the 2nd to last slide said "more family fun to come..." and then next screen showed a picture of a license plate from FL (they have weird obession with state plates) that said "WE ARE GOING TO FLORIDA IN 7 days!!! I recorded their reaction on my phone. They were shaking with excitement and questioning "is this for real? you're not tricking us?" The cool thing was we said by this time next week we will be in FL!! I wish I could post but I want to protect our privacy.

Shughart & Bluejean78-our first trip we didn't tell the kids until the morning when we woke them early to go to airport. But they were only 4.5 & 2.5! Definitely wouldn't try now because my 9 year old likes to be involved in packing and planning. Plus then there is school stuff. And yes, when we tell them we end up having to eliminate so much stuff from their bags. They have a hard time grasping how much money it costs per bag to fly! Enjoy your "trip reveals"!!!

Hello, can't believe in two days, I will be on the plane- meeting my daughter who is in the college program and she has been gone sine Jan. It's a different type of planning and weird traveling by myself out there. With that said... the excitement hasn't quite sunk in. I havent been there during this time of year and I am starting to become concerned with money that I have invested in the the Dessert Parties ( we are doing the one in MK ( Which we love ) and the Star Wars once as well). I am getting nervous about the likelihood of them being cancelled. I Know it's hard to predict but it's still a major draw as to why we do these events and if would be a large amount of money if we were unable to see the events... I know it's only opinions and there is no weather crystal ball and I know it rains all the time but.....how ofter are these things cancelled this time of year? Odd that two would be in a week period? Thoughts? thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter