***The Official October 2016 Thread***

Is there no longer pages for releasing ADRs? I've searched for the October one but I cannot find it. I have some prime time dining ressies to let go if the last week of October and would Love to give the dis the heads up! If not, I'll just release them

We will be at the POR October 24-28! I cannot wait!! Made my fast passes this morning bright and early at 5am MST! We have a short stay over at Universal October 22-24 to start or vacation, too.

Woohoo! One more thing down. I decided on a whim to price out Tony Hinds's car service for a 3 leg trip (MCO to USO (with grocery stop), USO to AKL, Poly to MCO -- for AKL to Poly figured we'd transfer bags either with WDW bag stuff or just take a taxi) and it's so much cheaper than a rental car. No brainer. Plus I got a quote to get me to the airport for my business trip. So that is set. Ticking off the final things!

ETA: Just so no one thinks I'm in Tony's employ, I got his name from the USO board here on the DIS. He comes highly recommended on there. I've never used him but the price seemed fair.

Last edited:
Woohoo! One more thing down. I decided on a whim to price out Tony Hinds's car service for a 3 leg trip (MCO to USO (with grocery stop), USO to AKL, Poly to MCO -- for AKL to Poly figured we'd transfer bags either with WDW bag stuff or just take a taxi) and it's so much cheaper than a rental car. No brainer. Plus I got a quote to get me to the airport for my business trip. So that is set. Ticking off the final things!
We're starting our trip at universal so we needed car service too. There are 9 of us and I couldn't believe how much cheaper it was than a rental car! Especially since UOR charges for parking at the resorts. For MCO to CBBR, R/T to MK for MNSSHP, then from CBBR to POFQ for less than $175!

WOOOHOOOO! Qualified for the room discount in the back-to-school special. When I upgraded from LM to Cars at AoA I took rack rate because my husband really wanted to make sure we got Cars, but today there were still rooms available at the 15% off rate for our week. I am over the moon! That money will pay for a couple of dining experiences and I feel zero guilt about upgrading now. If anyone else is in the same boat, call and see if you can get the rate adjusted!

32 days! 32 days!

We go to Dragon Con in Atlanta this weekend so I'm kind of focused on that right now. Once we get home, it will be less than a month to go!

WOOOHOOOO! Qualified for the room discount in the back-to-school special. When I upgraded from LM to Cars at AoA I took rack rate because my husband really wanted to make sure we got Cars, but today there were still rooms available at the 15% off rate for our week. I am over the moon! That money will pay for a couple of dining experiences and I feel zero guilt about upgrading now. If anyone else is in the same boat, call and see if you can get the rate adjusted!
I really wish dvc had such fun-themed rooms!

Newbie here! Dates are 10/16-10/21 at POR. Love reading up all the tips and experiences on here. So close, can't wait!

Did anyone else see this piece today?

http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-...-years-coming-this-fall-to-walt-disney-world/

I was wondering what people here thought of this. I've been reading the FB comments and people said the crowds have been low all summer. My view may be skewed due to being on the Octover thread, but it seems like a lot of people have fall trips planned. Just curious, as I haven't been since I was a child, I have no idea what to expect. I would think between Food & Wine and the free dining offer it would be a pretty busy place. Even with the negatives people have been saying recently, those seem like they would be good draws.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-...-years-coming-this-fall-to-walt-disney-world/

I was wondering what people here thought of this. I've been reading the FB comments and people said the crowds have been low all summer. My view may be skewed due to being on the Octover thread, but it seems like a lot of people have fall trips planned. Just curious, as I haven't been since I was a child, I have no idea what to expect. I would think between Food & Wine and the free dining offer it would be a pretty busy place. Even with the negatives people have been saying recently, those seem like they would be good draws.

There are insiders who says it's the opposite. It was so low in summer, they think Disney finally was successful spreading the crowds all year round, so the old "low crowd season" will soon be a thing of the past! We will see :)

Well, I think those of us who frequent boards like this are probably in the minority of people who come to Disney World. We tend to be super fans of Disney.

I'm in several groups on FB too and actually a couple of people said they canceled their trip this fall because of Zika (they were either already pregnant or actively trying to get pregnant). So it's possible that crowds could be lower than usual.

I personally hope that's true since I'm still going in October :teeth:

There are insiders who says it's the opposite. It was so low in summer, they think Disney finally was successful spreading the crowds all year round, so the old "low crowd season" will soon be a thing of the past! We will see :)

I've heard that theory too. I wonder how much of that has to do with all of the construction and closures, over Disney spreading visits out. It's one of the things the article doesn't mention, but people in the comments on FB were talking about a lot. People who've help AP's are saying for the first time in years they aren't renewing. That lack of activities coupled with increasing prices keeps them away.

Well, I think those of us who frequent boards like this are probably in the minority of people who come to Disney World. We tend to be super fans of Disney.

I'm in several groups on FB too and actually a couple of people said they canceled their trip this fall because of Zika (they were either already pregnant or actively trying to get pregnant). So it's possible that crowds could be lower than usual.

I personally hope that's true since I'm still going in October :teeth:

I would agree with you about us being in the minority. I just wonder that if there are so many of us, there will be so many others.

The article talks about Zika, and I feel it was possibly the most complelling reason of all not to go. I understand people not wanting to risk it. For those who still wish to procreate I understand them not taking the chance. No trip would be worth the potential lifelong consequences.

Again, I'm with you, I'd love to experience low crowds.

Last edited:
I went at the end of September and beginning of October back in 2007 for my honeymoon. The crowds were very manageable. We went later in October, around Columbus Day, in 2013. It was much more crowded but we had a good time.

I'm completely done having kids so I'm good as far as Zika goes.

Resorts are almost completely booked for a lot of October so my guess is that the lower crowds than usual this summer probably had more to do with people shifting when they go. Based on resort availability and how quickly restaurants booked up, I am going in expecting pretty heavy crowds.

I think it's likely that some people will cancel because of Zika but unless mosquito borne cases start showing up in Orlando itself I'm not sure that number is going to be high enough to lower the crowds. I'm not personally concerned because I too am done having kids.

On a different note I have been making great progress on my Disney related crafting. I finished sewing a pink Cinderella dress for my daughter for our 1900 Park Fare dinner. I've finished a Cruella cape for the Halloween party for my friend and I am very nearly finished my Maleficent cape. My headpiece is done. I'm hoping to sew a couple of comfortable skirts but all the crucial stuff is done.

DH and I have been going in the fall for almost ....gulp....15 years and crowds use to be low but now with wine and food festival, crowds have gotten bigger. I think all of the reasons listed in the article are plausible and I agree with others that I would like to see somewhat smaller crowds so I have less wait time in lines and don't run the risk of not getting my Dooney wine and food festival tote !

Off to do my two mile workout....got to lose some weight so I can gain it back in 51 days !:rotfl2:

Resorts are almost completely booked for a lot of October so my guess is that the lower crowds than usual this summer probably had more to do with people shifting when they go. Based on resort availability and how quickly restaurants booked up, I am going in expecting pretty heavy crowds.

I think it's likely that some people will cancel because of Zika but unless mosquito borne cases start showing up in Orlando itself I'm not sure that number is going to be high enough to lower the crowds. I'm not personally concerned because I too am done having kids.
School schedules drive attendance right? As far as I know (based on wdwprepschool's take on school schedules earlier this year) there are not massive changes for more fall breaks in the U.S. school systems. So what you are suggesting is more people are pulling their kids out of school this year. What would be prompting more people to pull their kids out of school in the fall this year instead of going during the summer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter