The Official October 2013 Trip Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Countdowns and Live Reports' started by figmentswife, Jul 23, 2012.

1. ColonelHathi

ColonelHathi Mouseketeer

Yay POR! :cool1:

We originally had a WV room requested, rebooked with GV through AAA to better our odds at a room in the Mansions, now just waiting to see about any better discounts - open to POR-RR or POFQ if for some reason POR GV not available. We've even tossed up doing a split stay with the first 3 nights at AKL. Decisions... :surfweb:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. peteykirch

peteykirch Mouseketeer

Just booked my flights.

Ended up doing a "hacker" fare, flying to Disney on United, and back home on JetBlue.

I was upset JetBlue didn't have any 6AM flights on the day I'm heading down. Earliest flight they had, I'd arrive roughly at 11:30AM, figured, for 10 bucks more on United, to get there by 9AM was worth the investment.

4. heatherbynum

heatherbynum Peace, Love, Disney & Hanson

Ahhh, I hate changing my park days around a million times lol. Maybe I will get them set before my 180 mark. then ill make my adrs and then change those a million times, too. LOL

5. baylie666

baylie666 Just Me....

I am so excited!

All our ADRs are booked and our tours are booked too!
    Now just got to save the money, shop for holiday clothes and all is organised.:cool1:

6. ColonelHathi

ColonelHathi Mouseketeer

:rotfl2: I am so this way too!!! I thought I had it all set months in advance after looking at 2012 calendar, but as soon as the 2013 schedule was posted... yup, changed. :lmao: I think at least the parks are set finally... I think.

I also find that the ADR ideas I am thinking of tend to change with what I am hungry for on some days... :idea: Poor DH, he's just going with the flow. I mentioned a restaurant I want to try for an offsite meal and he just looked so baffled - "What, dining outside of Disney too?" :rotfl:

7. kyslota

kyslota Earning My Ears

Hubby and I just put down our deposit for Oct 15-23! I'm so excited as I've never been there before. :)

Staying at POP (LM room at AoA wasn't available for our dates).

I've bought guidebooks, lurk all over these boards, and made my itinerary and picked which restaurants I want to make ADRs at. This is so much fun!!!

8. AJECAR

AJECAR Earning My Ears

The stress and excitement that goes into booking ADRs, am I right???!!!! :scared1:

We are arriving Oct 2, so there I was at 6 a.m. booking all my ADRs! Luckily I got everything we wanted for the whole stay including dinner at Be Our Guest!!!! :woohoo:

Now I can relax and just wait for October to roll around....unless I get the grand idea to make some changes... :rolleyes1

The website was terrible though. :badpc: Good luck to those of you making ADRs in the near future!

9. SEASONK

SEASONK Mouseketeer

School calendars have been released, and we are officially booked at the ASMo for October 5-10!!! I can book my ADRs on Monday. I am really hoping for some kind of discount too. :)

This is my ADR line up:
    October 5th ~ Chef Mickey's dinner
    October 6th ~ Coral Reef dinner
    October 7th ~ Hollywood & Vine breakfast
    October 8th ~ Tusker House Breakfast
    October 9th ~ 'Ohana dinner

I am not super excited about these, but we will have 2 preschool age kids who have never been so I know they will love most of these choices. I like to try new restaurants every year, and Hollywood & Vine will be my only new one. :(

10. Wadecool

Wadecool DIS Veteran

We arrive October 5th so I'll be making our ADR's at 6am this Monday the 8th. I had a plan of which parks we will be in based on the TP crowd calendar but now it has changed. Now I have to decide whether to change it up or go with my initial plan.

11. SlightlyocdDisneyfan

SlightlyocdDisneyfan Mouseketeer

I'm in the same boat. We arrive on October 5th as well, and I cringe every time TP updates. I've decided to modify one day, but otherwise keep my original plan... and keep my fingers crossed for no more major changes.

That sounds like a great list of restaurants that should make any preschooler thrilled! I really like your idea of trying something new each trip too. Good luck Monday!

12. kellyjeanie

kellyjeanie DIS Veteran

Hi all, we're going to be at Disney Oct 28-Nov 3! I have no plans yet other than the dates so I hope everyone doesn't mind if I lurk around and get ideas. :) This will be our first trip and it's so overwhelming!

13. tr-ray

tr-ray DIS Veteran

Me, DH, DD (5) and DS (15 mos) are going down 10/16-10/25 staying at BCV.

We haven't been since Oct. 2011 (before DS!) so we are anxious to go! We saved up a little extra cash to stay in a Villa and really are looking forward to being so close to Epcot during F&W.

14. Sydnerella

Sydnerella enough is as good as a feast

I know!!! I cannot believe it is still this bad! It is so slow to react and kicks you out.... The Disney website is terrible.
    I am so thankful our agent is booking ADRs for us next Monday!

15. Sydnerella

Sydnerella enough is as good as a feast

It is a bit overwhelming but you have come to the right place and are miles ahead of other first timers! It will be so much fun to plan and even more to go :)

16. kellyjeanie

kellyjeanie DIS Veteran

Thank you! This place is a wealth of information, I'm glad I found you guys. :)

17. SlightlyocdDisneyfan

Careful! These boards are addictive! ;)

18. SlightlyocdDisneyfan

Got my ADR's!!! :banana::banana::banana:
    Something about having those books makes the trip seem real. So excited!

19. SEASONK

SEASONK Mouseketeer

I am trying to book my ADRs online and the system is going up and down. So frustrating. I have 2 of my 5 booked.

20. Gracefulskinny

Gracefulskinny DIS Veteran

My ADR date is Sunday!!! I can't wait!

Though I have to say, after reading all the trouble others are having making their ADRs I am glad I have a travel agent to do it for me! All I have to do is wait nersously for her to get back to me!

Once you've got your ADR's set what do you others do planing wise to prep for Disney?

21. SEASONK

SEASONK Mouseketeer

I had to use the UK URL to book them, but I got everything booked on the day and time I wanted them. This is the 1st time that has happened, but the last few trips a free dining promo was going on. I use a travel agent, but I am so OCD about my ADRs that I book them myself and just send her the info.

I usually start working on my touring plans for each day once I have made my ADRs.