The Official May 2015 Thread!!

thanks for sharing, Belle61513. You've inspired me to share our plans too--I'm also going completely bananas waiting for our departure date to get here! (11 days to go!)

it's DGF and I, staying for 9 nights at ASSp and then 3 nights in the dark side (at the HRH).

Sat, May 2nd - arrival day
arrive at MCO at 7PM
head to ASSp to check in
hit EMH at MK (open until 2:00), and stay until we're wiped

Sun., May 3rd - MK day
pre-RD breakfast at CP
lunch at BOG
DGF birthday dinner at BOG

Mon., May 4th - DS/HA
sleep in, head to DS to do some shopping
lunch at the Disney food trucks
more DS time, possibly DisneyQuest (never been)
dinner at B&C
boat to HS (FP for star tours--may the fourth!)

Tues., May 5th - Epcot
Epcot EMH morning, spend the full day in the park
lunch-snacking around the F&G booths
dinner at spice road table, hopefully with a view of Illuminations

Wed., May 6th - AK day
morning EMH at AK
head to AKL for lunch at Sanaa
spend some time exploring AKL
back to AK to close down the park
head to WL for dinner at HDDR

Thurs., May 7th
(things get a little wonky here because so much of the dining we want to do is in HS this trip...)
HS morning-get in a couple headliners
early lunch at 50s PT
hop to Epcot, spend the afternoon exploring WS
back to HS for the Jedi Mickey dinner at H&V
close out HS

Fri., May 8th
another HS morning. a quick ride or two before SW Galactic Dine-In breakfast
this is the full HS day (potentially with a stop back at our hotel mid-afternoon)
F! dinner package at HBD
F! (one of my faves), close down HS

Sat., May 9th
last disney day--MK
RD to see the welcome show
mid-afternoon break at the hotel
back to the park, hopefully to close it down (EMH until 2 again)

Sun., May 10
sleep in a bit, head over to the dark side. no real plans over there yet, which is exactly why we love doing US after disney. no plans needed!

I really want to fit a trip to Trader Sam's in somewhere, but not too sure where yet. and there may be more afternoon breaks, depending on how we're feeling

13 days out and guess who gets bronchitis?! This guy! Hopefully it can clear up before our trip starts, normally takes me about two weeks to totally get over bronchitis each time.

13 days out and guess who gets bronchitis?! This guy! Hopefully it can clear up before our trip starts, normally takes me about two weeks to totally get over bronchitis each time.

Oh no get lots of rest and take vitamin c and multi vitamins to help. Hugs and a speedy recovery to you !

17 days to go and we just switched from POP Century to Coronado Springs last night as a last minute splurge - they even got us the discount applied from the spring offer even though the booking period had ended so I think we got some pixie dust! pixiedust:
:dance3:

12 days for us!! We're starting our preliminary packing stuff now (realizing just how many Disney shirts we own). At least we know we won't need our shorts until the trip as we got surprised with a snowfall up in Ontario Canada today. I am dying for some Florida sunshine right now!

thanks for sharing, Belle61513. You've inspired me to share our plans too--I'm also going completely bananas waiting for our departure date to get here! (11 days to go!)

it's DGF and I, staying for 9 nights at ASSp and then 3 nights in the dark side (at the HRH).

Sat, May 2nd - arrival day
arrive at MCO at 7PM
head to ASSp to check in
hit EMH at MK (open until 2:00), and stay until we're wiped

Sun., May 3rd - MK day
pre-RD breakfast at CP
lunch at BOG
DGF birthday dinner at BOG

Mon., May 4th - DS/HA
sleep in, head to DS to do some shopping
lunch at the Disney food trucks
more DS time, possibly DisneyQuest (never been)
dinner at B&C
boat to HS (FP for star tours--may the fourth!)

Tues., May 5th - Epcot
Epcot EMH morning, spend the full day in the park
lunch-snacking around the F&G booths
dinner at spice road table, hopefully with a view of Illuminations

Wed., May 6th - AK day
morning EMH at AK
head to AKL for lunch at Sanaa
spend some time exploring AKL
back to AK to close down the park
head to WL for dinner at HDDR

Thurs., May 7th
(things get a little wonky here because so much of the dining we want to do is in HS this trip...)
HS morning-get in a couple headliners
early lunch at 50s PT
hop to Epcot, spend the afternoon exploring WS
back to HS for the Jedi Mickey dinner at H&V
close out HS

Fri., May 8th
another HS morning. a quick ride or two before SW Galactic Dine-In breakfast
this is the full HS day (potentially with a stop back at our hotel mid-afternoon)
F! dinner package at HBD
F! (one of my faves), close down HS

Sat., May 9th
last disney day--MK
RD to see the welcome show
mid-afternoon break at the hotel
back to the park, hopefully to close it down (EMH until 2 again)

Sun., May 10
sleep in a bit, head over to the dark side. no real plans over there yet, which is exactly why we love doing US after disney. no plans needed!

I really want to fit a trip to Trader Sam's in somewhere, but not too sure where yet. and there may be more afternoon breaks, depending on how we're feeling
Funny! We are going the same dates as you, May 2-12th for us, yet we are not going to be in any of the same parks on the same days! We are staying off-site though and are avoiding the parks with EMH's for the most part. Have a great trip. I am so excited, just 10 days left!

Funny! We are going the same dates as you, May 2-12th for us, yet we are not going to be in any of the same parks on the same days! We are staying off-site though and are avoiding the parks with EMH's for the most part. Have a great trip. I am so excited, just 10 days left!

that is funny! we're onsite, and I think we have a mix of EMH and non-EMH days. some folks even swear by avoiding them even if you're onsite--I like to do a bit of a mix. I hope you have an awesome trip too! this home stretch is really dragging--here's hoping the next 10 pick up the pace!

that is funny! we're onsite, and I think we have a mix of EMH and non-EMH days. some folks even swear by avoiding them even if you're onsite--I like to do a bit of a mix. I hope you have an awesome trip too! this home stretch is really dragging--here's hoping the next 10 pick up the pace!
Another funny thing, we are also going to a lot of the same restaurants, but not on the same days. We are doing BOG, Beaches and Cream, Sanaa, HDDR, 50's and Sci-Fi!

(realizing just how many Disney shirts we own)

Haha, oh my gosh, ditto. Before last year's trip, I started using a "sweater divider" thing that hangs in the closet to keep track of this stuff. It holds all of our "event tshirts"...One is for our Phillies gear, another Eagles gear, and like 3 more shelves with Disney stuff. It makes packing super easy.

The time is coming up so quickly now! When I first joined the board I didn't know which timeshare we were staying at, but I do now LOL. We are at Westgate Town Center and I am pretty happy with that.

I have packed and repacked and I think I am ready for this trip. I have printed everything out and just have one or two more details to take care of to make this trip super special for my dh. The same DH who has no idea we are going on this trip! He believes we are driving to Virginia for the week to sit on the beach LOL. Poor guy :flower1:

20 days to go for us.

For us, too! So happy that tomorrow we will be in the teens! It is so close, but yet it still seems so far away at the same time. A little too early to pull out the suitcases. I've got the "post-planning" blahs.

Still 23 for us! First trip too! We're going May 16th -21st and staying in a mermaid room at AOA.

Now... if I could only get my daughter and me a reservation for the tomorrowland dessert party. I've been stalking the page like a psycho. Haha.

Last edited:
Another funny thing, we are also going to a lot of the same restaurants, but not on the same days. We are doing BOG, Beaches and Cream, Sanaa, HDDR, 50's and Sci-Fi!

great minds and such :)

I'm really looking forward to these meals B&C, Sanaa, and HDDR are all new for us, and they all look like so much fun. I hope you have some great meals and a great trip

great minds and such :)

I'm really looking forward to these meals B&C, Sanaa, and HDDR are all new for us, and they all look like so much fun. I hope you have some great meals and a great trip
All the meals we chose this trip are new to us! In addition to the ones I listed we are also going to T-rex, Yak&Yeti and Raglan Road. Can't wait to try them all. We are also doing La Nouba for the first time as well. Just 8 more days.......................

Haha, oh my gosh, ditto. Before last year's trip, I started using a "sweater divider" thing that hangs in the closet to keep track of this stuff. It holds all of our "event tshirts"...One is for our Phillies gear, another Eagles gear, and like 3 more shelves with Disney stuff. It makes packing super easy.

I've got the same issue..Disney and E-A-G-L-E-S gear dominate my summer closet..I've done away with the Phils..painful, but necessary

As far as Disney Ts, I have to choose which 7 to bring for park days...I have a few relics that wont make the cut this year..

I love this!!! I'm sooooo ready!!

All the meals we chose this trip are new to us! In addition to the ones I listed we are also going to T-rex, Yak&Yeti and Raglan Road. Can't wait to try them all. We are also doing La Nouba for the first time as well. Just 8 more days.......................

T-Rex, Yak and Yeti and Raglan are all very good food wise..the visual of T Rex is amazing. Grandsons loved it!

ENJOY!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter