***the official may 2013 thread***

We saw they introduced the 30% off hotel for the time period we wanted to go and I POUNCED! May 7 - 14, 2013 @ POR!!

118 days!!

Sad to say that we had to cancel our first SWW. We are no longer going in May to the Fort. Our family got the option to either do two trips - short May Trip and week of Thanksgiving or 1 long trip - 16 days Nov. 23rd to Dec. 8th.

We took a vote and decided 16 days was the way to go!!! I can't wait to read everyone's trip reports about their May trips especially SWW trips. Maybe 2014 will hold a SWW Trip!!!

We saw they introduced the 30% off hotel for the time period we wanted to go and I POUNCED! May 7 - 14, 2013 @ POR!!

118 days!!

I've got you added!

Sad to say that we had to cancel our first SWW. We are no longer going in May to the Fort. Our family got the option to either do two trips - short May Trip and week of Thanksgiving or 1 long trip - 16 days Nov. 23rd to Dec. 8th.

We took a vote and decided 16 days was the way to go!!! I can't wait to read everyone's trip reports about their May trips especially SWW trips. Maybe 2014 will hold a SWW Trip!!!

I can't say that I blame you! I would LOVE to go for 16 days!:lovestruc

May 8th-12th Swan :cool1: This was an unexpected opportunity turned WDW trip!!!:woohoo:

I've got you added too!

Put the finishing touches on our planning to-do list and re-checked park hours for May --- WOW!

Many events are later than they were scheduled for when I first looked at them (of course, this was last year!)

For instance, the Electric Parade is at 9pm and the fireworks are at 10pm at Magic Kingdom (instead of 7pm & 8pm)

Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios has moved from 7pm to 9pm.

I'm hoping my youngest can hang from rope drop to the night time events now that they're later in the evening! (We stay off-site so we usually don't return to the townhouse until we're finished for the day -- once we settle in, no one wants to return to the park).

I'm going in May (20th - 2nd) with my husband, our first time at WDW. staying at POFQ. So excited!!
I have questions, how is the weather? I don't handle heat very well, I'm very fair skinned and what are the crowds like? Queue times etc? Thanks xx

oo ooo ooo! Us too! :yay:
14-20th CBR
20-22nd GF

I'm going in May (20th - 2nd) with my husband, our first time at WDW. staying at POFQ. So excited!!
I have questions, how is the weather? I don't handle heat very well, I'm very fair skinned and what are the crowds like? Queue times etc? Thanks xx

I've got you both added!

In my opinion, it's not that hot. You have to take into consideration that I live in the south, though. Wait times depend on the park and events. During Star Wars Weekends, they can be very long.

Howdy! Can I join in?

My husband and I will be in the World from May 12-17. It's our last adults only trip, our anniversary trip, and we will be staying at the Beach Club. :)

I've got you both added!

In my opinion, it's not that hot. You have to take into consideration that I live in the south, though. Wait times depend on the park and events. During Star Wars Weekends, they can be very long.

Hey, thanks! I live in the UK where it's always freezing so I'll probably be melting but hopefully i'll be having too much fun to care! we are going to be there for SWW, I'm going to stay away from that area though, neither of us are SW fans so shouldn't be a problem.

Hi all! I have not been on the Disboards in a very long time as I was devastated when I had to cancel our last trip. :sad: I am praying that such an issue does not arise this time. :scared: It has taken me a while to finally be able to get excited and plan a trip again. So send some fairy dust my way! We are planning on going May 19-25. This is our first time going in May so we are a bit scared of the heat. :worried: It is the only time that works for us though because I am currently in nursing school and will have the time off for a vacation and actually be able to enjoy it. :) Lets just hope I can concentrate on school in the meantime while I am thinking about going to WDW and hugging :donald:

Who has their Disney plans figured out yet? Which park, which days, which restaurants, etc?

Here's ours:

Staying off-site at Windsor Hills -- 5 day tickets with Waterparks & More Option added

Fri (5/10) - Drive to St. Augustine, FL for a night at the beach - 10 hour trip

Sat (5/11) - Spend most of the day in St. Augustine; drive to Orlando in the afternoon (2 hour trip) - Check into townhouse - Head to Downtown Disney for dinner & Disney Quest for older kids / Mom & Dad & youngest go grocery shopping

Sun (5/12) - Epcot - Lunch at Electric Umbrella - Dinner at Liberty Inn - Fireworks at 9pm

Mon (5/13) - Magic Kingdom - Lunch at Columbia Harbor House - Dole Whips in Adventureland - Dinner at Cosmic Ray's - Electric Parade at 9pm & Fireworks at 10pm

Tues (5/14) - Hollywood Studios (Mom & Kids -- Dad is golfing at Oak Trail) - Lunch at Backlot Express - Dinner at Pizza Planet (Dad will join us then) - Fantasmic! at 9pm

Wed (5/15) - Typhoon Lagoon - Lunch at Typhoon Tilly's - Shopping in Downtown Disney - Dinner in Townhouse

Thurs (5/16) - Animal Kingdom - Lunch at Rainforest Cafe (2pm reservations) - Dinner at Flame Tree Barbeque

Fri (5/17) - Hollywood Studios - Star Wars Weekend Events - Lunch at Hollywood & Vine (2pm reservations) - Dinner in Townhouse - Laundry & Cleanup & Packing

Sat (5/18) - Check out - Drive to South Carolina (5 hours) - Spend the night

Sun (5/19) - Drive 8 hours home

Hi everyone! We returned from the World on 12/3 and a few weeks ago DGF let it slip she was planning a trip to celebrate my 30th birthday.(Also her 35th, we are 4yrs 363 days apart ;) )
We will be there May 3rd - 9th and are staying at ASMu.

SeanofStarCommand said:
Hi everyone! We returned from the World on 12/3 and a few weeks ago DGF let it slip she was planning a trip to celebrate my 30th birthday.(Also her 35th, we are 4yrs 363 days apart ;) )
We will be there May 3rd - 9th and are staying at ASMu.

Welcome and have a great time. My DD and I will be there the 5-8

Who has their Disney plans figured out yet? Which park, which days, which restaurants, etc?

I have the broad strokes figured out but for the most part I think that after doing Disney with the precision and planning of the Normandy invasion, we're going to more or less wing it and relax.

114 days to go!!!!

hsmamainva said:

Aside from our Disney days the rest is not planned. We have ideas of what we want to do, we are still deciding if we want to use our 2 day tickets to IOA or not. They were free so if we don't use them or only use 1 day it's no big deal. But here's a rough plan:

4/29- Arrive 9:30, check in Marriott Cypress Harbour room will be ready! Food shopping and then one of 3 options:
1. DTD, dinner at T-Rex
2. IOA
3. Resort day lounge at the pool

4/30- MK, lunch at BOG, dinner QS- wherever

5/1-Typhoon Lagoon, dinner at 1900 Park Fare, watch Wishes and EWP from Poly beach.

5/2- HS, lunch QS, dinner Sci-Fi

5/3- Clearwater beach, DH am fishing trip, me and DD's beach, afternoon Clearwater Marine Aquarium to see Winter the dolphin.

5/4- IOA or resort day

5/5-5/6- Sanibel Island

5/7- fly home

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter