**~~***The Official June 2017 Thread***~~**

What's everyone's plans for Pandora? I'm going to be the parks the 20th-25th.

Very short trip. We have FPs for NRJ bc I can't ride FOP and DH won't ride it. Late lunch at Yak & Yeti, NRJ, sunset Safari ride, then ROL and EMH for Pandora. Hopefully it'll be crowded but manageable late at night.

I've planned several stops at Pandora during my trip. I really want my first visit to be at night (bio-luminescence and such), I have a 9:30pm FP+ for River on my arrival day. I'll be doing a half day at Studios, dinner in Disney Springs before heading into Pandora after nightfall. Day-2 I'm at Epcot most of the day before heading over to Pandora (via the express bus) with a FP+ for a sunset safari and a 9:30pm Flight. On my last day, I'll be at AK all day and spend as much of it in Pandora as I feel it needs.

Seems like a good plan right now, but I'll be watching to see how crowds do after Pandora officially opens. Will it remain open to all, or will there be a queue to enter Pandora proper?

We're doing Pandora on 6/19 with FP+ for FoP from 2:00-3:00 before heading out for a swim/rest break. Depending on the weather and our stamina, we'll wander around the land for a bit and check things out. We're also going to be there on 6/23 with FP+ for NRJ from 5:30-6:30. We'll also wander around that night after RoL and see how everything looks all lit up. I don't have EMH planned for Pandora, but we'll see how we feel that night if we want to stick around and get some extra rides in, if the lines aren't hours long. :rolleyes:

We're going on 6/4 in the morning. FP for FoP, then for KS, then Caring for Giants, then EE. On 6/5 we've got noon ROL dining at TH, then FPs for Kali. Planning to catch some shows during the afternoon, take a break at Nomad Lounge, then we've got FPs for NRJ, EE, then we'll see the first showing of ROL. Somewhere in all that, banshee acquisitions will happen, and since I know we're going to want to show them off :D, it's a question of how to wrangle them when we're on rides.

We are doing two days so we can get both rides with a FP. Since we have 5.5 days and 2 are dedicated to AK I'm going to try to see if we can squeeze everything in on day 1 so if we want to we can use that second day for another park.

Curious if anyone is doing Star Wars dessert party June 6?

Me!

We are doing two days so we can get both rides with a FP. Since we have 5.5 days and 2 are dedicated to AK I'm going to try to see if we can squeeze everything in on day 1 so if we want to we can use that second day for another park.

Me!
Yay lll keep an eye out for you. Uh how do we message each other on here privately so I can send a pic so we can recognize each other? Still new on here

Yay lll keep an eye out for you. Uh how do we message each other on here privately so I can send a pic so we can recognize each other? Still new on here

No clue! I'm newish too.
Just look for the family of 4 where woman and girl have SO MUCH HAIR. That is us.

No clue! I'm newish too.
Just look for the family of 4 where woman and girl have SO MUCH HAIR. That is us.
Gotcha! I'll just tell you my username and that should help us recognize each other! So excited to go!
If you click on someone's screen name, you'll get a pop-up window that includes a "start a conversation" option. That brings up another screen where you can initiate a PM.
:tink:

We will be at AK on the 3rd and the 7th so we got a FP for each of the new rides for those two days! We'll also be back at AK on the 8th for the Wild Africa Trek!! Can't wait!!

Our Animal Kingdom day is June 1 (less than a week, woo!) and we have fastpasses for FOP at 11am. I'm torn between rope dropping the river ride or just saving it for later and hopefully having a shot at a manageable wait during the evening magic hour. I don't want to rope drop it because I know it'll be crazy and I feel like if we go in the opposite direction we can get more done in the early hours. But this is my first trip since I was a little kid so I don't really know the parks. :confused3 I think we'll probably take a break and head back to the resort at some point regardless, I don't think we'll make it through an entire hot and crowded day without a break.

We have 3 days planned over our two weeks to hit AK - with a possible extra night - We are hoping to pop over just to walk around Pandora after our Sanaa dinner - without doing any rides - just to see it lit up and to visit the shop - that way when we are there doing rides, we can focus more on the rides without feeling like we didn't get a chance to take it all in!

We have 2 half days at AK; our arrival day June 3 and late afternoon into evening EMH on June 8 so I was able to get FP for both rides.

We also have 2 half days at AK (June 7 and 10) both in the afternoon/evening. We have fastpasses for both Pandora rides!!! Looking forward to seeing the new land. AK is my second favorite park!

Heads up everyone. AK is doing an unannounced soft opening of Pandora today, and the lines for FoP and NRJ have already met. I can't imagine the crowds will be nearly as bad after Memorial Weekend is over (the mods on the Pandora thread seem to think that as well), but I know I'm personally tempering my expectations about how much we're actually going to be able to do in the new area.

Heads up everyone. AK is doing an unannounced soft opening of Pandora today, and the lines for FoP and NRJ have already met. I can't imagine the crowds will be nearly as bad after Memorial Weekend is over (the mods on the Pandora thread seem to think that as well), but I know I'm personally tempering my expectations about how much we're actually going to be able to do in the new area.
What do you mean the lines have already met? I am assuming that means they are really long?

What do you mean the lines have already met? I am assuming that means they are really long?
Yes. When you enter the land, NRJ is to your left and FoP is to your right. The lines backed up and met each other.

That said, MDE's wait times show NRJ with a 60 minute wait and FoP at 85. According to the CMs posting on the Pandora thread, no FPs were given out for today, so those times are just for walk-ons.

Yes. When you enter the land, NRJ is to your left and FoP is to your right. The lines backed up and met each other.

That said, MDE's wait times show NRJ with a 60 minute wait and FoP at 85. According to the CMs posting on the Pandora thread, no FPs were given out for today, so those times are just for walk-ons.
Wow! I figured the lines would be long. I actually figured they would be longer than that. We will have to see what it is like tomorrow when the land officially opens.

Wow! I figured the lines would be long. I actually figured they would be longer than that. We will have to see what it is like tomorrow when the land officially opens.
Exactly. Those are numbers for an unannounced soft opening with no FPs; tomorrow is going to be a whole new ball game. Although, I'd say the numbers on Wednesday and Thursday next week will be even more indicative of what we June travelers can expect, since the holiday will be over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter