~~**The Official January 2014 Group**~~

Ahhhh we just got back....such a great week and amazing 80-85 degree days in january...we really lucked out big time. We're already planning for next January 2014. We've decided to do the the marathon...so excited!

Our trip will over lap into Feb. We are going Jan 30th thru Feb 8th. Staying at Wilderness lodge or POFQ all depending on the discount we can get.

It's dh first trip to the world...can't wait for him to see it!

Our trip will over lap into Feb. We are going Jan 30th thru Feb 8th. Staying at Wilderness lodge or POFQ all depending on the discount we can get.

It's dh first trip to the world...can't wait for him to see it!

Last week was my partner's first Disney trip. He made fun of all my planning leading up to it and thought i was crazy for spending all that extra money on a mouse.

By the end of the first day he was in mouse ears and during our first day back (yesterday) he had Disney music blaring upstairs while he unpacked! Haha gotcha!

For next years trip its looking good...so far we have approx. $2500 in tax refund money coming our way which basically pays for our whole trip except for the airline tix. Now all that is left is the long 10 month wait until they release another promotion for 2014. I hope they tie in another dining promotion like they did for us in January 2013. We ate like kings the entire week and the dining plan only cost us like $150.

:yay:

One year from now I will not be sitting in my house staring at the snow. I will be in Disney World. Epcot to be precise. So excited.

I updated post 2 again! :)

I wish I could book the trip already but I guess that's the one bad thing about going in Jan. I was told pkgs won't be out until summer time for us to book! I'm far too impatient for this! :rotfl2:

Count me in! A girl's trip--my mom and I for no special reason whatsoever. She just randomly decided she wanted to go and who am I to say no??

No date set yet, most likely MLK week. Waiting until the summer to book when packages are out. I really want to stay NOT in a value this time around (nothing wrong with the values but sometimes a little upgrade can be nice) but sometimes cheaper is better. Thinking about staying at AOA if we can so at least it will be something new even if it's not a moderate!

Count me in! A girl's trip--my mom and I for no special reason whatsoever. She just randomly decided she wanted to go and who am I to say no??

No date set yet, most likely MLK week. Waiting until the summer to book when packages are out. I really want to stay NOT in a value this time around (nothing wrong with the values but sometimes a little upgrade can be nice) but sometimes cheaper is better. Thinking about staying at AOA if we can so at least it will be something new even if it's not a moderate!

Just keep in mind the suites at AOA are expensive. I paid less to stay at Port Orleans Riverside (way less) that I would have to stay at AOA.

What is MLK week?

HeatherLassell said:
Just keep in mind the suites at AOA are expensive. I paid less to stay at Port Orleans Riverside (way less) that I would have to stay at AOA.

What is MLK week?

I was looking at the site and it looks like AOA is like $5 more than the POP. Maybe the price will go down bc it will be less new.
MLK Is Martin Luther King Holiday. This weekend in fact! I have already started my less than a year countdown hope u do too!

ckrisie said:
I was looking at the site and it looks like AOA is like $5 more than the POP. Maybe the price will go down bc it will be less new.
MLK Is Martin Luther King Holiday. This weekend in fact! I have already started my less than a year countdown hope u do too!

Not sure how you see only a $5 difference.

Just testing on 2013 dates for a week: (jan 24-30)

POP $1903
AOA $2982

That's a thousand dollars. Oh....Maybe you meant in the standard (non suite) little mermaid rooms?

ckrisie said:

Lol and I forgot that's what that meant. We don't celebrate that here in Canada. I have to start my countdown in secret cause this trip is gonna be a surprise for my kids! :)

HeatherLassell said:
Not sure how you see only a $5 difference.

Just testing on 2013 dates for a week: (jan 24-30)

POP $1903
AOA $2982

That's a thousand dollars. Oh....Maybe you meant in the standard (non suite) little mermaid rooms?

I was looking at LM but i can pull the dates for jan 2014. Clearly suites are more expensive but the price difference for standard between values appears to go away with in the year. Hopefully that means the suites will drop as well.

Well we are looking at Jan 6th to 10th or 11th in one of the value resorts as we will be booking 2 rooms. Though if a great deal comes around I suspect we might upgrade.

It's our first trip and I'm loving all the planning involved (I normally leave this to DW), which includes flying via Chile.

What is MLK week?

I know the suites are expensive but it's just my mom and I so we only need a standard room. For a Tuesday in January 2014 a standard room at Pop is $107 and a standard at AOA is $113. Port Orleans (which would be my choice if I were to go mod) is $183. A big jump (for our budget). If I knew in advance there would be free dining instead of waiting on a pin code then I could reason PO. But we'll see what happens! I'm just happy to be going as I am sure everyone else is!:banana:

While everyone is dreaming of their trip next January I wanted to give a heads up or a reminder for everyone about marathon weekend which will be January 9-12. On the half and full marathon days there will be major delays getting to the parks so I wouldn't plan real early breakfasts anywhere just in case. They also have areas in the parks roped off until around 2:00. That was in Hollywood studios this year(it was mile 23) so it saw the longest roped off areas!! Hope this will help some of you in your planning!!

nerak2780 said:
I know the suites are expensive but it's just my mom and I so we only need a standard room. For a Tuesday in January 2014 a standard room at Pop is $107 and a standard at AOA is $113. Port Orleans (which would be my choice if I were to go mod) is $183. A big jump (for our budget). If I knew in advance there would be free dining instead of waiting on a pin code then I could reason PO. But we'll see what happens! I'm just happy to be going as I am sure everyone else is!:banana:

I was originally booked at POP. I switched to POR web the free dining came out It was a great choice. :)

So an exciting turn of events happened last night!!! The hubby actually suggested we stay at a monorail resort for our January trip!!!! Since we are running both the half and full marathon being on a monorail resort will make our travel time to the race much less so we can sleep more!!! Now the question is which one???? Im leaning towards the Contemporary.....any advice???

So an exciting turn of events happened last night!!! The hubby actually suggested we stay at a monorail resort for our January trip!!!! Since we are running both the half and full marathon being on a monorail resort will make our travel time to the race much less so we can sleep more!!! Now the question is which one???? Im leaning towards the Contemporary.....any advice???

That is exciting! I have no experience with monorail resorts...I've only been to WDW once in the last 18 years and staying at POR was my first Disney Resort Experience! :D I'm sure someone can weigh in though. I'd like to stay at Poly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter