~~**The Official January 2014 Group**~~

So, was anyone else really disappointed that they didn't offer free dining january 2013? :sad1: I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come for Jan 2014! Plus, we might have to consider booking somewhere other than AoA if the deal is the up to 30% off rooms... not somewhere necessarily cheaper, but just somewhere where I feel like I'm at least getting some sort of deal! :rolleyes: since my daughter is totally into all things girly and princessy our alternate plan right now is the royal rooms at POR. Any suggestions or comments are welcome since this is our first time going and we want everything to go smoothly!

Those of you wanting to do a surprise trip -- go for it! Ours 1st trip was a surprise, and while our middle daughter wasn't exactly sure what was going on at 3:45a when we woke her up, my oldest made it worth the wait!!!

Here's our video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5JlEGQN20&sns=em

Can't wait to plan with everyone!

Love your video! We want to do something very similar for our daughter! Love it! :thumbsup2

Also, I'm curious about the transportation at AoA since you mentioned it. It's one of the reasons we are considering POR, because they also have the boat. Was it just long wait times or a big ordeal or what?

Love your video! We want to do something very similar for our daughter! Love it! :thumbsup2

Also, I'm curious about the transportation at AoA since you mentioned it. It's one of the reasons we are considering POR, because they also have the boat. Was it just long wait times or a big ordeal or what?

It was just annoying in general. AOA has its own bus, which is nice, but its a waste of time to stand in line for the bus and when the park closes you have to wait for a bus or 2 and your crammed in. We had a huge double stroller and we had to fold it every time we got on, so it was a hassle.

That being said, it was free and we didn't want to rent a car or do the cab thing everyday (we cabbed it a few times to other resorts for ADRs so we didn't have to take 2 modes of transportation) And it wasn't terrible. BUT since our Jan 2014 trip is MK only we are going for a monorail resort.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate any info I can get from those who have stayed there already!

Add me to the group!! DH and I just got back December 8 from a 10-day magical trip celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary!! We honeymooned in Disney and this was our first trip back without our boys! We are already planning our next trip - tentatively for January 2014. We are avid campers, so we will stay at Fort Wilderness. I'm REALLY hoping they offer a free dining plan for January 2014. Disappointing they didn't offer one for January 2013. Anyway - hello everybody!!

We stayed at POR French Quarters this past trip and just loved it! I would definitely stay there again. Since we love to camp, we usually stay at Fort Wilderness, but this trip we just got back from was super special and I didn't want to camp!

We are planning to go for our honeymoon would you suggest POR ? We are mostly considering Pop because it appears that it will be the cheapest. But I'm not sure. Any advice?

We are planning to go for our honeymoon would you suggest POR ? We are mostly considering Pop because it appears that it will be the cheapest. But I'm not sure. Any advice?

I am going to Pop next month to celebrate my 30th birthday with my H. I will let you know how it is :)

We picked it because it was the cheapest (well, the All Star Music was the cheapest, but I wanted a resort with its own bus and all the All Stars share a bus, so Pop! won) and we know we won't be spending a lot of time in the room and it will most likely be too cold to swim, so a fancy pool isn't important to us. POR wasn't that much more -- I think $350 more? Anyway, we got the DDP so we thought there were better ways to use the extra money than on a nicer resort.

MomTo3PrincessesInNJ said:
I am going to Pop next month to celebrate my 30th birthday with my H. I will let you know how it is :)

POR wasn't that much more -- I think $350 more? Anyway, we got the DDP so we thought there were better ways to use the extra money than on a nicer resort.

Thanks I'd love your review!

And with $350 i can do a lot even at wdw. So we are trying to decide which to do

Dec. 28th is my 10th wedding anniversary! :cheer2:

So we have decided to surprise the kids with a trip to WDW. :thumbsup2

With some help from Santa of course! ;)

And our Elf on the shelf.

These are the plans of right now- deffinetely not set in stone.

*Have our Elf holding a letter to the kids saying that Santa and thier parents have some very special presents, blah, blah, blah- open at the same time!

*Inside their presents will be the tickets, etc. to go on our trip.

*And in their stockings will be stuff for the trip.
:cool1::jumping1:party:

We would like to leave either the day before or the day of our anniversary and stay till around the 2nd of January!

Can't wait!
:mickeyjum:tink::sulley:

I am so beyoned excited to post this!! Im going the 23-31 and we are staying at the french quarter!! This will be my 3rd trip and my husbands too many to count!!! yay!!!!:cheer2:

Okay change in plans we are staying at the aoa in the little mermaid room.

Hello fellow January 2014 trippers!

December 30-January 6 2014 looks like the plan right now! Most likely 2 studios at the Wilderness Lodge Villas.

Just find this tread ....1 year to wait until our next trip to the world :cool1:

Absolutely need the free dining plan it's the only way I could convice my father to take my mother for her 60 anniversary

Updated: 2014 return to WDW looks like Jan. 24th through the 31st...BOOM!!pixiedust: Anybody else going to be around then?

My wife and I stayed at POP in Jan. of 2012 and it was great. If you'd like, you can read about it in my TR...enjoy.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871044

Glad I found ya'll too!!! I'm heading to WDW for my 40th birthday Jan 12-17 2014. Gonna start my PTR on the one year mark of Jan 12th of this year. Doing lots, looking at 3 two bedroom units either at BLT, or BCV. Haven't decided which yet, but leaning towards BLT. have 24 people coming and staying, and upwards and possibly over 40 people the day of my birthday. So that should be fun!! :crowded: I'm a big time WDW Vet, and bringing some newbies, so that should be interesting. Most of them wanna follow me, so I guess I'm the leader. Still penciling this out on paper, and seeing what I wanna do!! But....I'm here, eager to see what everyone else is doing!!!

:beach:

I'm still trying to decide between Jan 2014( since I will be there for marathon weekend anyway) or September 2013. But I will hang out here for the moment

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter