The official Free Dining ruins everything thread.

LarryNabisco

Magician that eats fire !!
It's become very obvious that since FD was rolled out, the parks quality of food has gone down, level of service has suffered (non tippers abound), and crowds are out of control year round.

FP+ and Magicbands are not the problem-free dining is!

I was unaware of "Free Dining Promotions" on my last trip to WDW and made very few ADRs. I "knew" that at the slow time I was going, walk-ups would not be a problem. I was so wrong! Ate at a lot of Counter Service and resort restaurants. If there would have been more than the two of us, I don't think we would have fared well at all. So, this time I'll be making my 180+10 reservations. A prospect I loathe.

It's become very obvious that since FD was rolled out, the parks quality of food has gone down, level of service has suffered (non tippers abound), and crowds are out of control year round.

It also caused male-pattern baldness, global warming, longer and more frequent commercials on TV, and more frequent solar coronal ejections.

Going to Disney World is starting to sound more like a prison sentence that people have to serve rather than a vacation lately on this board...

Seriously, the level of gloom and doom on here is excessive. It's really not that fun to come here and plan for an upcoming trip anymore! :p

Besides, you can eat fire, so you should be alright.

Going to Disney World is starting to sound more like a prison sentence that people have to serve rather than a vacation lately on this board...

Seriously, the level of gloom and doom on here is excessive. It's really not that fun to come here and plan for an upcoming trip anymore! :p

Unfortunately, the amount of complaints confirms there is a problem.

Here are my personal observations and experiences and opinions from our trip this summer...(OOP no FD or DDP)

Disney food is bad. There is no reason to eat at most of the regular TS retaurants. The QS tastes the same, for better or for worse, so might as well pay less.

The Signatures were good.

From now on, we are going to eat either QS or Signature.

JMHO YMMV

Here are my personal observations and experiences and opinions from our trip this summer...(OOP no FD or DDP)

Disney food is bad. There is no reason to eat at most of the regular TS retaurants. The QS tastes the same, for better or for worse, so might as well pay less.

The Signatures were good.

From now on, we are going to eat either QS or Signature.

JMHO YMMV

We enjoyed Via Napoli, Kona Cafe, Tutto Italia, La Hacienda De San Angel, The Wave, Grand Floridian Cafe, Captains Grille and those are all regular table service restaurants, not signatures.

Another perspective. :)

We enjoyed Via Napoli, Kona Cafe, Tutto Italia, La Hacienda De San Angel, The Wave, Grand Floridian Cafe, Captains Grille and those are all regular table service restaurants, not signatures.

We got the grill platter at Hacienda and couldnt eat one bite the meat was so processed and gross. We got a hockey puck on a plate at Captains Grille. The Wave was ok. Just my perspective :) I think the biggest thing I realized is that the food is all the same, whether good or bad, might as well just eat QS.

We got the grill platter at Hacienda and couldnt eat one bite the meat was so processed and gross. We got a hockey puck on a plate at Captains Grille. The Wave was ok. Just my perspective :) I think the biggest thing I realized is that the food is all the same, whether good or bad, might as well just eat QS.

Okay...wasn't trying to start an argument, I just thought I would post some good table service experiences...

LOL, this.

I concurr. There are many very good TS restaurants. We really try to avoid QS, except perhaps BoG for lunch. We find however that TS restaurants at MK (again with the exception of BoG) are not on par with what we can find in the other three parks. There are however excellent options at all the MK resorts. Our preferred TS options are mostly at Epcot and AK.

Okay...wasn't trying to start an argument, I just thought I would post some good table service experiences...

Sorry, I wasn't either! :) I didn't mean to start going tit for tat on individual restaurants. My first comment on this thread was more of a general comment.

I agree with a PP that most of the TS at Disney is just not that good. Usually when we do TS it's for an experience rather than the food, like CRT or BOG or Prime Time. We do like Raglan Road. Maybe that doesn't count though since it's not in a park.

A couple places we like with great CS are Columbia Harbour House and Tangierine Cafe.

I do think the Dining Plan has watered down the choices, but we just roll with it and go to the few places we know are good. Hopefully sometime in the future, they will change or eliminate the dining plan, and meal quality will rise again. I'm sure the economy isn't helping.

I used to think most of these posts were just pessimistic. But after our recent trip, DH and I agree that the food really HAS gone downhill. It's disappointing, but it's become quite obvious. We will likely skip the dining plan next time and just eat CS and maybe choose one or two TS meals OOP. We do enjoy the character meals with the kids, but the food just is nothing to get excited about-- and it used to be really good!

My families experience has been MK TS is good for lunch. (Have not done BOG). The better TS are like a previous poster said EPCOT and AK with HS coming in third.

I would say WDW TS and DCL TS (not counting Signature) are comparable to a Marriott or Hilton Hotel meal. What I mean by that is what you might see at a sit down wedding trying to feed 300 people. Trying to do a good job just hit and miss at times.

As long as they offer the free dining plan I will take advantage of it. But really, who goes to Disney World because of the food. :confused3 It's just food. We have to eat while we are there so we make the best of it and go where we know we like it.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter