<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Has Anybody Else Tried The Salmon Recipe From Le Cellier?? Well I Did!! And It Is Delicious!!

Has Anybody Else Tried The Salmon Recipe From Le Cellier?? Well I Did!! And It Is Delicious!!

I would like to know more about this one too Big Mama. Most of the recipes aren't in my food plan, but this one just might be a good one for me.

Lapu Lapu :drinking1
Tambu Lounge

1 oz. Meyer's Rum
1/2 oz. Bacardi 151
Scorpion Mix (half sour mix and half orange juice)
Garnish: Cherry

Serve in a pineapple.

Kona Cafe: Kona Cool Sundown :drinking1

1 oz. Skol Vodka
1/2 oz. Raspberry Liquor
1/2 oz. Sour mix
3 oz. Cranberry juice
Garnish: Orange flag

Serve in a Hurricane glass.

I've been looking for the recipe for Spoodles rigatoni. Can't seem to find it. Could you please add it to the request list. Thanks for the great thread.:thumbsup2

I've been looking for the recipe for Spoodles rigatoni. Can't seem to find it. Could you please add it to the request list. Thanks for the great thread.:thumbsup2

I did a quick search yet the only rigatoni recipes from Disney I came up with were from California Grill and Portobello Yacht Club. I will be happy to add it to the requested recipes list, CoLand, as well as keep looking for you. :upsidedow

Has anyone tried this recipe for Dole Whips? :confused3

Pineapple Dole Whips (A "copycat" recipe)

Prep: 10 min.
Freeze: 3 hrs.
Makes: 8 servings

2 cans (20 oz. each) DOLE Crushed Pineapple
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, mini marshmallow or mini chocolate chips, (optional)
1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped

Drain pineapple; reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Set aside.
Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender or food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth. Stir in cherries or marshmallow or chips, if desired.
Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags. Store bags flat in freezer. Freeze about 1-1/2 hours or until slushy.
Stir gently pineapple slush into whipped cream until just blended, in large bowl. Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour. Serve.

Recipe Review:

These are an appetizer served at Ohana and possibly my favorite food in WDW.

Ohana Wings:
1 Tbsp kosher salt
1 Tbsp Paprika
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp granulated garlic
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
2 pounds chicken wings and drummettes

Honey Coriander sauce:
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp ground coriander, toasted
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 cup honey
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup water

See p. 25 for the full recipe

We made these today for a New Year's Day party. I bought 6 lbs of drummettes and doubled the recipe. BIG MISTAKE! The seasoning doubled was fine. However, double the amount of sauce was ridiculous. I only ended up putting 1/2 of the amount on the 6 lbs. of wings and trashing the other 1/2. Also, in the future I would use 1/4 tsp. of ginger as they were quite 'gingery' compared to the 'Ohana ones.

However, with that said, we loved the wings. They were delicious and a great reminder of what we have to look forward to again at 'Ohana. :)

Subscribing!! This is such a great thread! :goodvibes I'm definitely going to try one of these recipes soon. Thanks for organizing all of these great Disney recipes, lynninpa! :thumbsup2

P.S. Yikes! There are bugs on my screen! Oh, wait....never mind! :laughing: ;)

Subscribing!! This is such a great thread! :goodvibes I'm definitely going to try one of these recipes soon. Thanks for organizing all of these great Disney recipes, lynninpa! :thumbsup2

P.S. Yikes! There are bugs on my screen! Oh, wait....never mind! :laughing: ;)

Welcome to The Disney Recipe Exchange, tiggerfan1! Enjoy! :thumbsup2

This has to be one of my favorite threads! Of course, I don't cook all that often, but I sure do like to read the recipes!!

The Cellier serves a lot of salmon dishes with a Maple Glaze. Here's one I made the other night from the Epcot Food and Wine Festival cookbook.
It was very popular with everyone - and here, in the Pacific Northwest, people are very particular as to how salmon is prepared.

Maple Glazed Salmon with Arugula and Roasted Corn
from Epcot Food and Wine Festival, Canada
Serves 4

8 salmon filets, 4 ounces each with skin on one side
1/4 cup canola oil

Honey Maple Glaze
1 cup pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon orange blossom honey
2 tablespoons light brown sugar

Garnish
2 cups trimmed and washed arugula
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup "Sweet and Salted" walnuts*
1 cup fresh corn kernels, roasted
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Preheat the broiler. Rub the salmon pieces with half of the canola oil. Season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for the Honey Maple Glaze in a small saucepan and cook over low heat, just long enough to heat through all the ingredients and for the sugar to melt. Set aside and keep warm.
In a heavy bottomed frying pan, large enough to accommodate the salmon pieces in one layer, heat remaining canola oil under the broiler. Once the oil begins to smoke, carefully place the salmon pieces in the pan, skin side down. Cook salmon until golden brown on top, while remaining moist inside, about 8 minutes.
While salmon is cooking, toss the arugula with the roasted corn, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Divide the mixture among 4 dinner plates.
When salmon is done, place 2 pieces on each mound of arugula, drizzle with Maple Glaze and sprinkle with walnuts. Serve the remaining glaze in a sauce boat.
*available in specialty shops.

Maple Glazed Salmon
Le Cellier, Canada Pavilion, Epcot
Serves 4-6

Candied Pecans:
2 oz. pecans, shelled, pieces
2 tsp. whole butter, unsalted
1 tbs. apple juice
* ½ tbs. turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
* pinch kosher salt
Salmon:
8 3-oz. salmon pieces (scales removed, skin on)
2 fl. oz. canola oil
6 oz. cleaned watercress
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 oz. candied pecans
8 fl oz. maple glaze
kosher salt
black pepper
Maple Glaze:
7 fl oz. maple syrup, pure
1 tbs. honey, orange blossom
2 tbs. brown sugar, light
pinch kosher salt
pinch black pepper, fresh ground

Preparation for Pecans:
1. Heat butter in a small saucepan over a medium high heat, until it just starts brown. Immediately add pecans stirring continuously. Stir 5-7 minutes until pecans are toasted.
2. Once pecans have toasted, add apple juice stirring constantly. When nearly all the apple juice has been reduced add the sugar and keep stirring until the pecans have been well coated, take caution not to burn the sugar.
3. Once pecans are well coated, turn out on to a cooling tray are all spaced apart to even cool. Allow pecans to completely cool in a low humidity environment. Reserve for salmon.

for Glaze: Combine all ingredients in small saucepan and heat over low heat. Heat just long enough to incorporate all ingredients and for sugar to liquefy. Remove from heat and reserve warm for salmon.

for Salmon:
1. Pre-heat oven to 425º. Place watercress in lightly iced water, to rinse and refresh. Remove from iced water and completely dry in salad spinner or between paper towels, set aside.
2. Remove any moisture from the salmon pieces by lightly using 1/4 of the canola oil. Season both sides of the salmon with kosher salt and pepper. Heat remaining 1.5 ounces canola oil in large heavy bottomed non-stick frying pan, large enough to accommodate salmon pieces without overcrowding, over medium high heat. Ensure that oil is evenly coating bottom of frying pan. Once the oil has just began to smoke carefully place the salmon pieces in the pan, skin side down, and lower heat to medium. Cook salmon on skin side until skin is evenly golden brown, turn salmon over and repeat. Remove salmon from pan and blot on paper towels to remove any oil or fat.
3. Transfer salmon to baking pan with raised sides, and drizzle each piece with half of the maple glaze, place in oven and bake until desired doneness. Time will vary depending on the thickness of salmon, average 5-10 minutes.
4. While salmon is baking, toss watercress with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Arrange watercress on four plates. When salmon is done place two pieces on each mound of watercress, drizzle with maple glazed and sprinkle with pecans.

Good thing I have the ticker because I can't believe I have one day before I fly to Orlando. Especially when I look at my remaining "to do" list. Anyway, I've copied the requests for the restaurants I'm going to and might be going to and will do my best to badger the staff for recipes.

I'm confused about The Cellier request: 621: Sweet Potato Puree because I don't see it on the menu I looked at. What dish does it go with? I also don't see the 698: Ice Wine Martini listed on the online menu.

The Ultimate Lemon Martini can come off the request list because we have it here. I made a large pitcher for New Years and it was very strong. Because I did 20X the amount my sugar syrup may have been off a bit because it was a touch sweet for me.

The Cellier serves a lot of salmon dishes with a Maple Glaze. Here's one I made the other night from the Epcot Food and Wine Festival cookbook.
It was very popular with everyone - and here, in the Pacific Northwest, people are very particular as to how salmon is prepared.

Maple Glazed Salmon with Arugula and Roasted Corn
from Epcot Food and Wine Festival, Canada
Serves 4

8 salmon filets, 4 ounces each with skin on one side
1/4 cup canola oil

Honey Maple Glaze
1 cup pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon orange blossom honey
2 tablespoons light brown sugar

Garnish
2 cups trimmed and washed arugula
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup "Sweet and Salted" walnuts*
1 cup fresh corn kernels, roasted
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Preheat the broiler. Rub the salmon pieces with half of the canola oil. Season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for the Honey Maple Glaze in a small saucepan and cook over low heat, just long enough to heat through all the ingredients and for the sugar to melt. Set aside and keep warm.
In a heavy bottomed frying pan, large enough to accommodate the salmon pieces in one layer, heat remaining canola oil under the broiler. Once the oil begins to smoke, carefully place the salmon pieces in the pan, skin side down. Cook salmon until golden brown on top, while remaining moist inside, about 8 minutes.
While salmon is cooking, toss the arugula with the roasted corn, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Divide the mixture among 4 dinner plates.
When salmon is done, place 2 pieces on each mound of arugula, drizzle with Maple Glaze and sprinkle with walnuts. Serve the remaining glaze in a sauce boat.
*available in specialty shops.
that is the recipe I follow except for the garnish and i bake mine at 350 for about 45 mins. I cooked it stove top once and it was very messy so iI just bake it and it comes out just as good.

Has anyone put these recipes in Master Cook format?

Just curious....

---Paul in Southern NJ

Ive put them in to a word document (well semi have as not finished yet) but thats it and Ive excluded the fish recipes as don't eat fish or seafood so not comprehensive Im afraid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!