<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Does anyone have the recipe for Tangierine Couscous salad from Tangierine Cafe in the Morocco Pavillion in Epcot?

Does anyone have the recipe for Tangierine Couscous salad from Tangierine Cafe in the Morocco Pavillion in Epcot?

I found this recipe yet not sure if it is from Tangierine Cafe or Restaurant Marrakesh.

Couscous Salad
from Morocco, Epcot
Yield - 4 servings

Olive oil for sauteing
1/2 of a red onion
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/2 of a sweet red bell pepper
1/2 of a sweet green bell pepper
1/2 of a chopped zucchini
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Nutmeg to taste
Cinnamon to taste
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1 cup orange juice
12 ounces cooked plain couscous
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion, garlic, sweet bell peppers and zucchini in olive oil.
Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add 1/2 cup olive oil to vegetables along with raisins, chickpeas and orange juice.
Toss vegetable mixture with couscous and pan juices. Add parsley. Mound mixture onto a serving platter and garnish if desired.​

Oh these recipes sound so good!!! My daugher is picking a recipe a day so that we can make together! Thanks so much for sharing!

We have made pretzel bread twice according to the recipe on page 16 of this forum. It has been good both times and taste very much like the pretzel bread at Biergarten. Only problem is...it doesnt brown. It stays white! Help me, what are we doing wrong? We put the eggwash on top like it says which should help give it that golden brown color. So what else can we do, Any suggestions would be great!

I've made soft pretzels before and one recipe I remember used a mixture of baking soda and water instead of an egg wash and they browned really nice. I think it was 4 tsp baking soda to 1/2 cup warm water to dissolve it. Another recipe called for dropping the shaped dough into boiling water and baking soda and boil just for a minute before baking, much like a bagel, but I didn't try that one.

Oh these recipes sound so good!!! My daugher is picking a recipe a day so that we can make together! Thanks so much for sharing!

Did you read the fine print in the rules for using any of these recipes, sunshyne? It clearly states that you must invite all of us over for dinner! :rolleyes1

Traditionally or classically, large soft pretzels are made by way of duel cooking methods. The dough is made, shaped, boiled and baked. Like a bagel, these pretzels are traditionally boiled and fully cooked before going into an oven. This allows a nice soft inside to form while the outside gets that shine and chewy texture. Once the pretzel is boiled, it is placed on a rack to dry, brushed with a glaze (not a sweet glaze, but rather i.e. egg wash, salt water, oil, butter to facilitate the cooking of the crust) then baked to brown. I am not sure if this will help anyone with their pretzel issues, but I hope someone will benefit from the info.. Glad to help if I can!

:thumbsup2

Has anyone put these recipes in Master Cook format?

Just curious....

---Paul in Southern NJ

Traditionally or classically, large soft pretzels are made by way of duel cooking methods. The dough is made, shaped, boiled and baked. Like a bagel, these pretzels are traditionally boiled and fully cooked before going into an oven. This allows a nice soft inside to form while the outside gets that shine and chewy texture. Once the pretzel is boiled, it is placed on a rack to dry, brushed with a glaze (not a sweet glaze, but rather i.e. egg wash, salt water, oil, butter to facilitate the cooking of the crust) then baked to brown. I am not sure if this will help anyone with their pretzel issues, but I hope someone will benefit from the info.. Glad to help if I can!

:thumbsup2

:wave2: As always, thanks for the great info & tips, apostolic4life! :thumbsup2

Would like to have the recipe to Grand Floridian Cafe's Margarita's Does anyone know? Thanks

Here are the the ingredients for the signature Grand Margarita from the Grand Floridian Cafe. I will keep searching around to find the exact measurements for you, toyota631! :upsidedow

Grand Floridian Cafe: Grand Margarita

1800 Reposado Tequila
Grand Marnier
Lime Juice
Sweet & sour mix

ESPN Club: Chicken Wings

ESPN WINGS SPICE

1 ¼ oz celery salt

4 1/3 oz granulated garlic

4 ¾ oz white pepper

2 2/3 oz chili powder

ESPN WINGS SAUCE

1 1/3 oz Franks Hot Pepper Sauce (used to be Durkees Hot Sauce)

1 tsp. black pepper

10 flakes crushed red pepper

pinch ground white pepper

1 tbsp. Louisiana Gold Pepper Sauce

2 each chipolte pepper (smoked dried jalapeno)

1 ½ oz cayenne pepper

CITRUS MARINADE

(Makes 1 quart)

2 cups water

1 cup orange juice

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup salt

1/4 cup cracked black pepper

2 tbsp. basil

2 tbsp. oregano

1/4 cup onion powder

To prepare:

1. Use whole wing; soak overnight in citrus marinade

2. Drain; sprinkle ESPN SPICE generously covering entire wing.

3. On baking sheet, bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees.

4. Remove from pan; drain fat.

5. Allow wings to cool completely.

6. Deep fry in canola oil at 360 degrees until very crisp.

7. Sprinkle wings with ESPN Sauce and toss in stainless steel or glass bowl.

Source: ESPN

Portobello Yacht Club: Farfalle Primavera

8 oz. Farfalle pasta
2 oz. Snow peas
2 oz. Asparagus (sliced)
5 oz. Heavy Cream
2 oz. Grana or Parmigiana-Reggiano Cheese
1 oz. Butter
1 oz. Tomatoes (diced)
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese to taste
Salt & pepper to taste

In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until it is al dente, and drain it well. In a medium saucepan, heat the butter until melted, add the snow peas and asparagus and cook for one minute. Add cream, cheese and pasta and simmer until sauce thickens and mixture is combined well. Finish with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese to taste. Serve garnished with tomatoes. Serves 2.

Enjoy with a bottle of California chardonnay. ;)

From the kitchen of
Portobello Yacht Club

:) Hello,

I would like to recreate Ohana's dinner (Polynesian Resort)for my mom's birthday. I pretty much found all the recipes to the exception of the Mesquite Grilled Turkey. Would anyone happen to have it? Thanks alot!!!!!:)

here is the white meat marinade recipe for the turkey. :)

2 tbs garlic, minced
¼ cup malt vinegar
¼ cup lemon juice
3 dashes tabasco
1 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp cracked black pepper
¼ cup light brown sugar
1 cup olive oil

Place all of the ingredients except the oil in a food processor. Slowly add the oil to the food processor to form an emulsion. Reserve half of the marinade for later use. Marinate the meat for two to three days in the refrigerator. Strain the reserved marinade and use to baste the meat during the cooking process.

I would love to have the Ice Wine Martini recipe from Le Cellier, that drink is divine!

I would love to have the Ice Wine Martini recipe from Le Cellier, that drink is divine!

I will look around for this recipe for you and also add it to the list of Requested Recipes, CrazedDisFan. Maybe a fellow Diser will have this great recipe. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter