<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

If you like, I can do a run through on it and report back. Can you just tell me what page it's on? I could probably get to it today.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. I will say that I'll probably make it using bread flour instead of high gluten flour... That stuff is crazy expensive. Hope that's OK.

EDIT AGAIN: This week I'm doing 50's Prime Time features, so I probably won't get to it today... But I did put it on the planner for next week.

Wow thanks, Yes I did use bread flour because I had no idea where to get the high gluten flour. 50`s Prime Time, i love that restaurant, !!!!

Very true. The recipe we're looking at calls for high gluten flour, but at $7 for a 3 pound bag at KAF, bread flour is the more economical choice. LoL!

The high gluten content is about 14.1% with KAF, but with good bread flour the gluten is about 12.7%, so it's a good substitute I'm thinking.

Wow thanks, Yes I did use bread flour because I had no idea where to get the high gluten flour. 50`s Prime Time, i love that restaurant, !!!!

Have you made it once and it didn't come out?

And me too! It smells like the dining room of 50PTC in here. LoL!

Originally Posted by Tropical Wilds
Currently going through the thread and putting it all into a PDF file. Currently on page 24. If anybody wants a copy, let me know.

I would love a copy too. That is a very nice thing to do. Thank you.
abettens@hotmail.com

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Chilled-to-the-bone Honeydew Melon & Mango Soup

Honeydew melon, peeled and de-seeded
Mangos,peeled and chopped
Clear honey
Whole milk
Plain yogurt
Sour cream
Lemon - juiced

Puree all the ingredients together and served in a chilled bowl. Garnish: mint leaves, sour cream

i just had a question about this recipe.... i was on the magic in may, and the recipe was titled "chilled to the bone honeydew & watermelon soup" should i assume that i just replace the mangos for the watermelon & nothing has changed? also, there are no amounts given for any of the ingredients.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Chilled-to-the-bone Honeydew Melon & Mango Soup

Honeydew melon, peeled and de-seeded
Mangos,peeled and chopped
Clear honey
Whole milk
Plain yogurt
Sour cream
Lemon - juiced

Puree all the ingredients together and served in a chilled bowl. Garnish: mint leaves, sour cream

i just had a question about this recipe.... i was on the magic in may, and the recipe was titled "chilled to the bone honeydew & watermelon soup" should i assume that i just replace the mangos for the watermelon & nothing has changed? also, there are no amounts given for any of the ingredients.

Maybe they change the fruits seasonally or as available? I found one called Chilled Orange and Mango Soup

Yield: 2 quarts

Ingredients

2 pounds mango puree

1 cup buttermilk

2 cups orange juice

1/4 cup honey

Salt and allspice to taste.

Method:

Blend mixture until totally smooth. Chill for one hour and serve garnished with fresh mint.

Very true. The recipe we're looking at calls for high gluten flour, but at $7 for a 3 pound bag at KAF, bread flour is the more economical choice.

You can also get little boxes of gluten (6 oz or so), and add the gluten to an all-purpose flour. Keeps sealed up in the fridge for quite some time. Sometimes more economical, sometimes not. :p

A caveat. My husband, who does bread in the breadmaker, swears by it. I've been known to swear at it, although usually I just can't see a difference. I think it works better for some recipes than others, but have never been able to figure out why.

Just a quick note... I'm still plugging away, though it's taking longer then I thought. But we're getting there. My son has been sick so that's adding some time, but I'm going to be staying home to take care of him so I may get caught up.

To everybody who sent PMs, I'm not ignoring you... I got like 50 of them and just haven't had a chance to respond yet. LoL!

You can also get little boxes of gluten (6 oz or so), and add the gluten to an all-purpose flour. Keeps sealed up in the fridge for quite some time. Sometimes more economical, sometimes not. :p

A caveat. My husband, who does bread in the breadmaker, swears by it. I've been known to swear at it, although usually I just can't see a difference. I think it works better for some recipes than others, but have never been able to figure out why.

Personally, I'm kind of a yeast dunce. Part of is where our kitchen is... It's always CRAZY hot and I always have to reduce the rise time, though it varies sometimes by how much, but the rest of it I'm sure is operator error.

I did see that you can buy gluten in little boxes, and I was so tempted, but I just couldn't figure out what to do with it after that one recipe. LoL!

Just a quick note... I'm still plugging away, though it's taking longer then I thought. But we're getting there. My son has been sick so that's adding some time, but I'm going to be staying home to take care of him so I may get caught up.

To everybody who sent PMs, I'm not ignoring you... I got like 50 of them and just haven't had a chance to respond yet. LoL!

Oh my! Thank you so much for doing this for ALL of us... Wow!
I hope your son is feeling better soon... :flower3:

I did see that you can buy gluten in little boxes, and I was so tempted, but I just couldn't figure out what to do with it after that one recipe.

If hubby isn't using it up fast enough (he's off and on with the bread thing), I just start throwing in a Tbs in every time I'm making yeast bread -- it adds a bit of protein, if nothing else. I tend to use recipes for regular flour and replace some with whole wheat anyhow, so I fiddle around with bread recipes all the time and it's pretty forgiving.

OTOH, I'm a breadmaker dunce. The stuff I do by hand usually turns out fine, but the few times I've made bread in the breadmaker it was hard and/or heavy more often than not. Same recipe, same kitchen, same machine, turns out beautifully for hubby. Go figure. :confused3

Thanks so much for doing this. Could you send me one as well?
nicolesmcdowell (at) yahoo (dot) com

thank you! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter