The Official DisDads Prayer and Praise Thread

Discussion in 'DIS Dads' started by trennr, May 11, 2011.

1. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Prayers for her and your family.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. scott2997

scott2997 DIS Dad #543 Northern Ohio

Ben, good to hear that they can finally label it so they can properly treat it.

Will pray not only for you and your DD but also that the insurance company cooperates!

4. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

Ben, I'm glad they were finally able to give you a diagnosis.

Sending out thoughts & prayers to your family.

5. Cinderella's Fella

Cinderella's Fella DIS Dad #215 Maryland, The Land Of Merry!

Ben, with my Rheumatoid Arthritis I do remicade. I was offered humira, which is self injected, but liked the idea of the remicade because it was a infusion under a Doctors care. It takes about two hours every 8 weeks, and works great. I've never had trouble with my insurance to pay for it. Again prayers for your DD for a Long and Full Life!

6. theduck619

theduck619 DIS Dad #188

Ben, our prayers are with DD and your family :grouphug:

7. GoHerd1028

GoHerd1028 <font color=red>DDC 172<br><font color=green>"Inse

Ben your daughter and your entire fmaily will be in our prayers. I am thankful that a resolution has been found for her health situation. Not knowing what the problem is so scary in and of itself. Please keep us posted as she fights this!!!

8. NWDAD

NWDAD DIS Veteran

Ben, you and your DD and your family are in our prayers.

Kevin

9. papamouse1

papamouse1 <MARQUEE BEHAVIOR=ALTERNATE><font color=red>Papa M

Ben.. your daughter and your family will be in our prayers. I am living proof that a "lifetime diagnosis" does not have define our lives. Crippled at a young age from an incurable spinal disease, I have lived a pain-free life due to the grace and mercy of God.

Hang in there, and cherish every moment. Life can be tough, but experiencing it with the ones you love is truly priceless :goodvibes

10. jbschafer

jbschafer Mouseketeer

Thank you EVERYONE. You don't know (or maybe you do) how much better it can make someone feel just to know that there are some folks out there listening to your troubles and feeling your pain even if for just a little bit. DD is a rockstar. When we sat her down to talk to her on Friday night there were tears obviously (from all of us). But Saturday afternoon she and my wife did a little bit of reading on the internet and when they were done she turned to my wife and said "Don't worry mom. I'm going to be just fine."

We will learn from her strength.

11. Goofy + 3

Goofy + 3 <font color=red>DDC 400<br><font color=purple>Reme

This made me smile. Good for her.

12. wasnotafan

wasnotafan All that fresh air over the years has done me good

That courage and attitude will serve her well in life.

13. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

To give you an update, DW is able to chaperone oldest dd for her Washington DC school trip. I know lots of kids go every year without a parent from here and everything goes well, but I just feel safer with DW being there. Thanks for the prayers.

14. Goofy + 3

Goofy + 3 <font color=red>DDC 400<br><font color=purple>Reme

Good news. I'm sure you'll sleep better knowing DW is there.

15. wasnotafan

wasnotafan All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Good news. I would feel the same.

16. Cinderella's Fella

Cinderella's Fella DIS Dad #215 Maryland, The Land Of Merry!

Good to hear Norm. You have my number, if they need anything while there.

17. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Yes, I do and will use it if needed. From what I have been told, they rent out all the rooms on one floor of a hotel and hire security to stay at the stair exit(s) and elevator(s) and children are not allowed outside their rooms. And, other guests aren't permitted on their floor. Again, makes me feel better, but I am still glad DW will be there. And, I'm glad to know someone else nearby if needed.

18. jbschafer

jbschafer Mouseketeer

Just an update to let you all know that it took about six weeks but we had a truly dedicated doctor and a great HR staffer at my work who have been dogging the insurance company for the past six weeks and we just found out today that they have finally approved payment on DD's medications for the next 6 months. We will have to fight them again, but it is a start. She has been responding very well to the last six weeks of what they had approved and I am becoming an expert in at-home injections. We will start the taper and swap out from the stop-gap drugs to the main drugs this weekend.

SO... while we are all celebrating THANKSgiving tomorrow I will be a little extra thankful for the great medical care and solid insurance coverage (even if we have to fight them) that is keeping my daughter with us this year! (Well, that and the fact we have a bit over three weeks on our next trip countdown.:rotfl:)

19. GoHerd1028

GoHerd1028 <font color=red>DDC 172<br><font color=green>"Inse

Glad to hear that things are headed in the right direction and envious of your upcoming trip!!!;)

20. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

That is good news this Thanksgiving.

21. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Another update. My Inlaws, who had th house fire, were able to move back in their house for Thanksgiving. They didn't cook there as they travelled to other family members, but they were thankful to be back home. Thanks for the prayers.