~*~*~*~*The Official DECEMBER 2015 Thread*~*~*~*~

We also switched from the WL to the Poly for Dec. 26 - Jan. 2 - Monorail conveniences, beach viewing for New Year's eve as well as the threat of construction at WL - someday we will get to stay at the WL!

We are going 12/19-12/27 staying at POP and we are so excited! It will be my husband and I and our daughter (7) and twin daughters (1) I'm really hoping the flights go down in price! I'm hoping to fly in early to catch MVMCP party on the 18 depending on flights. I'm also really hoping to get into CRT on 12/24 or 12/25 and have been obsessively checking!! What are some of ya'll's favorite restaurants on Christmas?
I don't know if you're looking for lunch or dinner, but I have a 12:55 lunch for 5 ppl on Dec 24th. It's yours if you want it :goodvibes.

I don't know if you're looking for lunch or dinner, but I have a 12:55 lunch for 5 ppl on Dec 24th. It's yours if you want it :goodvibes.
That would be awesome!!!!! How can we make it happen?! Are you looking for a BOG reservation by chance?

Last edited:
Has anyone ever had experience of the flight prices going down? We are also going dec 19-27 and right now the cheapest flights I can get will cost our family $1700!!!!! I really, really do not want to drive since we live in Dallas, but then I think of what I could do with that $1000 that we would save if we drove. I am planning on buying our plane tickets towards the end of next month. I read somewhere that prices go down about August or September, but I am not really sure if that applies to Christmas week.
We're from San Antonio! Yes I think the prices should go down once summer ends but if not we are planning to drive also. We usually fly out of Austin since it's a bigger airport and cheaper so maybe if you looked into other nearby airports. The cheapest I have seen right now is $300 per person flying allegiant from Austin but they only fly out on select days. Has anyone else heard or flown from allegiant?

We're from San Antonio! Yes I think the prices should go down once summer ends but if not we are planning to drive also. We usually fly out of Austin since it's a bigger airport and cheaper so maybe if you looked into other nearby airports. The cheapest I have seen right now is $300 per person flying allegiant from Austin but they only fly out on select days. Has anyone else heard or flown from allegiant?

Some info about Allegiant Air that you need to be aware of...Yes, Allegiant Air flies to Orlando but NOT into Orlando International Airport (MCO) but instead flies into Orlando/Sanford Airport (SFB). Now you might ask "So." Well, SFB is located 30 -45 minutes North of MCO. If you were planning to take advantage of Disney's Magic Express, you can't. Disney's Magic Express only leaves from MCO and not SFB. I used to live in Virginia before moving to South Carolina, and we were looking at taking Allegiant Air one time. Yes, the initial flight price is cheaper, but by the time you add on needing a rental car or taxi, fuel taxes and A LOT of miscellaneous fees, it was cheaper to fly into MCO instead of SFB.

So, if you want to fly Allegiant Air, remember these things:
1 - They don't fly into MCO but instead SFB
2 - Disney's Magic Express does NOT go to SFB
3 - Will need a rental car or pay a taxi fee to go to your hotel
4 - Read the small print because a year ago, they used to charge a lot of hidden fees that in turn do not make them the cheapest ticket

I am not sure what dates you are traveling to WDW but I just looked up on Orbitz.com for two to fly from Austin, TX (AUS) to MCO in the middle of December for a week and found Delta for $269/person with free cancellation and one stop or JetBlue for $332/person with free cancellation and non-stop.

I hope this helps some....

That would be awesome!!!!! How can we make it happen?! Are you looking for a BOG reservation by chance?
I'm all set for BoG thanks! But was looking for a CRT bkfst that I finally got so need to release the lunch. We should drop/add at a non-busy time. We can do it tonight @ 10pm Florida time if that works for you.

Make sure that you are on a PC when you go to pick it up - I have had lousy luck when trying through the app :(. Also choose 1pm and not just lunch (sometimes nothing shows when you search a meal, but will show when you put in a specific time). PM me & we'll set it up :)

PS. You need 10 posts to PM someone. Then click on my username, start a conversation.

I'm all set for BoG thanks! But was looking for a CRT bkfst that I finally got so need to release the lunch. We should drop/add at a non-busy time. We can do it tonight @ 10pm Florida time if that works for you.

Make sure that you are on a PC when you go to pick it up - I have had lousy luck when trying through the app :(. Also choose 1pm and not just lunch (sometimes nothing shows when you search a meal, but will show when you put in a specific time). PM me & we'll set it up :)

PS. You need 10 posts to PM someone. Then click on my username, start a conversation.
Tonight sounds good to me thanks!!!!!

Tonight sounds good to me thanks!!!!!

Is it possible for Madame to call reservations and ask them to move the reservation, rather than taking the chance no one else will pick it up? I personally have been checking at all hours of the day, even late night, for dining reservations, and chances are others are as well. I am still trying myself to get a 5/5:30pm dinner reservation for 7 on 12/4 at the 'Ohana. Most restaurants we wanted were pretty much booked by the time I was able to make reservations.

I would hate for you to lose the opportunity to get it. But I would definitely give calling a try to see they will be able to do it. And you both may need to be on the line so the rep can take your information. Good luck! Hope whatever you end up doing, you get the reservation! Hope you have a great time.

***By the way, my wife made a good point. If you end up adding/dropping yourselves, I would somehow try to get in contact privately to arrange a day and time just in case someone else who really wants that reservation is reading this. Just a thought! :)

Last edited:
Is it possible for Madame to call reservations and ask them to move the reservation, rather than taking the chance no one else will pick it up? I personally have been checking at all hours of the day, even late night, for dining reservations, and chances are others are as well. I am still trying myself to get a 5/5:30pm dinner reservation for 7 on 12/4 at the 'Ohana. Most restaurants we wanted were pretty much booked by the time I was able to make reservations.

I would hate for you to lose the opportunity to get it. But I would definitely give calling a try to see they will be able to do it. And you both may need to be on the line so the rep can take your information. Good luck! Hope whatever you end up doing, you get the reservation! Hope you have a great time.
Unfortunately I'm pretty sure they no longer allow this & is partly why they added the CC guarantee. People were running some type of service calling in to snag some of the best reservations then doling them out as they saw fit. Hopefully we can make it work because she's going to be competing with the dining alert services too & CRT is fully booked up during Christmas week.

Can't wait for our trip! Got some great news before we left for our summer trip that DH work had a glitch in their computer software that figures his commission and that they owe him money! Christmas Vacation will be officially paid off next week!

***By the way, my wife made a good point. If you end up adding/dropping yourselves, I would somehow try to get in contact privately to arrange a day and time just in case someone else who really wants that reservation is reading this. Just a thought! :)
Thank you for this. My students tell me I'm very naive about the Internet & I guess they're right :rolleyes:. We're reco-ordinating a drop time privately.

Some info about Allegiant Air that you need to be aware of...Yes, Allegiant Air flies to Orlando but NOT into Orlando International Airport (MCO) but instead flies into Orlando/Sanford Airport (SFB). Now you might ask "So." Well, SFB is located 30 -45 minutes North of MCO. If you were planning to take advantage of Disney's Magic Express, you can't. Disney's Magic Express only leaves from MCO and not SFB. I used to live in Virginia before moving to South Carolina, and we were looking at taking Allegiant Air one time. Yes, the initial flight price is cheaper, but by the time you add on needing a rental car or taxi, fuel taxes and A LOT of miscellaneous fees, it was cheaper to fly into MCO instead of SFB.

So, if you want to fly Allegiant Air, remember these things:
1 - They don't fly into MCO but instead SFB
2 - Disney's Magic Express does NOT go to SFB
3 - Will need a rental car or pay a taxi fee to go to your hotel
4 - Read the small print because a year ago, they used to charge a lot of hidden fees that in turn do not make them the cheapest ticket

I am not sure what dates you are traveling to WDW but I just looked up on Orbitz.com for two to fly from Austin, TX (AUS) to MCO in the middle of December for a week and found Delta for $269/person with free cancellation and one stop or JetBlue for $332/person with free cancellation and non-stop.

I hope this helps some....
It does! Thanks!!!

How early should I arrive to the candlelight processional if I don't get the special package? We will probably go on 12/9. Thanks in advance!

How early should I arrive to the candlelight processional if I don't get the special package? We will probably go on 12/9. Thanks in advance!
Who's the narrator and which show are you planning to attend? The first is generally the least crowded, but for popular narrators the line often starts forming hours in advance.

Hi. Just checking in for a change in our Roll Call info. We have moved from WL to CR due to uncertainty regarding construction at WL. We will be at CR from 12/30 - 1/3. Thanks in advance for updating our status.

The discounts didn't work for our package at POFQ for the first week of December. I'm not too upset since I don't want to switch from POFQ.

December RO and package discounts were released this morning.

I don't mean to ask a dumb question but I still new on this board. What does RO mean? I looked up commonly used abbreviations and can't find it there. Thanks

I am so bummed about the wilderness lodge construction! We booked the villas through davids and can't cancel OR modify. Such a shame. Hoping that we can at least get a quiet side as we'll be using our room for naps during the day. UGH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter