~*~*~*~*The Official DECEMBER 2015 Thread*~*~*~*~

If you're waiting for the military 4-day military special ticket, they'll come out sometime over the summer. I'm waiting on the military resort discounts to go live around the same time, myself! I want to potentially upgrade to POFQ at 35% off. :thumbsup2

We booked our room just so we could get exactly what we want. And I hope we can cancel/re-book with the military discount when it comes out.

We booked our room just so we could get exactly what we want. And I hope we can cancel/re-book with the military discount when it comes out.
No need to cancel and re-book. If the availability is there for the military rate when the time comes, Disney can just change it in the same reservation and apply the discount code. I do this for my clients all the time when they don't want to risk waiting for the discounts to go live; In fact now that I think about it, I did it with my own booking last year too! :thumbsup2

Just a heads-up, though... With your dates, it's very likely you're going to run into black-out dates for the military promotions. For example, in 2014, Disney blacked-out all military discounts (on resorts and on the promo tickets) during Dec. 22 - Jan. 2. That changes each year by a few days, but that roughly 2-week time period is always blacked out. Based on my years of experience with Disney's military promotions (I work as a travel agent in an on-base military leisure travel office), my GUESS, stressing that this is only my best GUESS, is that this year's holiday black-out dates will probably be Dec. 20 - Jan. 3 or so. And I see that your trip is through the 23rd. Just something to consider. ;)

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

I hope everyone's planning is going well! I think we have ultimately decided not to do the Christmas party and instead get park hoppers. We're also not planning on getting a dining plan unless it's free.

The one thing we are hoping to do would be the dessert party for DD's birthday but since those times aren't released yet, we're on hold. :)

I can't wait for the crowd calendars and times to start being released!

Just bought our flights for xmas week! They are a bit more $$ then we wanted to pay but I know that Xmas week is an expensive time to fly so I sucked it up. Now the planning can really begin!

No need to cancel and re-book. If the availability is there for the military rate when the time comes, Disney can just change it in the same reservation and apply the discount code. I do this for my clients all the time when they don't want to risk waiting for the discounts to go live; In fact now that I think about it, I did it with my own booking last year too! :thumbsup2

Just a heads-up, though... With your dates, it's very likely you're going to run into black-out dates for the military promotions. For example, in 2014, Disney blacked-out all military discounts (on resorts and on the promo tickets) during Dec. 22 - Jan. 2. That changes each year by a few days, but that roughly 2-week time period is always blacked out. Based on my years of experience with Disney's military promotions (I work as a travel agent in an on-base military leisure travel office), my GUESS, stressing that this is only my best GUESS, is that this year's holiday black-out dates will probably be Dec. 20 - Jan. 3 or so. And I see that your trip is through the 23rd. Just something to consider. ;)

This is the whole reason we changed are dates and who is coming. We planned on going Dec 28-Jan 3 but decide to go Dec 3rd-7th and its now just ds#2 and I going. Hubby might change his mind but if he does has to be before the 60 day window. We are also staying at POP instead of are DVC because we need the points to go in May.

Just bought our flights for xmas week! They are a bit more $$ then we wanted to pay but I know that Xmas week is an expensive time to fly so I sucked it up. Now the planning can really begin!

We bought ours as well.....departing December 19th from Buffalo, returning December 26th. After seeing Westjet's fares at $900+ CDN for non-stops from Toronto, we were completely OK with Jetblue's $401 return from Buffalo, especially when that includes baggage and seat selection. Of course, it would have been great to have them lower....but I can live with that price. And its so nice to have the flights booked! Makes it feel so "official"!

I am bummed about Jet Blue flights in December- no bargain. I would have rather they didn't come out for another month. I'm in a special circumstance- pregnant and not having the level two ultrasound until the beginning of April. I don't feel comfortable booking something I can't cancel until I have that ultrasound. Stressed at what prices may get look like in a few weeks.

We are booked for Wilderness Lodge Villas 12/16-12/21, followed by a quick cruise to the Bahamas on the Disney Dream 12/21-12/24! Can hardly WAIT!!

I am bummed about Jet Blue flights in December- no bargain. I would have rather they didn't come out for another month. I'm in a special circumstance- pregnant and not having the level two ultrasound until the beginning of April. I don't feel comfortable booking something I can't cancel until I have that ultrasound. Stressed at what prices may get look like in a few weeks.

Honestly, I expected our Christmas week flights to be worse. Syracuse is our preferred airport, and one way was $399 ..... one way!! :faint:

Fingers crossed that prices are still low once you get the A-OK to book from your doctor.

Honestly, I expected our Christmas week flights to be worse. Syracuse is our preferred airport, and one way was $399 ..... one way!! :faint:

Fingers crossed that prices are still low once you get the A-OK to book from your doctor.

Thanks! I have not had to stress about this before- we always drive! Since we will be pulling DS out of school though, I don't want to take him out longer so we can drive.

Just officially booked Nov 29 - Dec 6. Staying at POR. I am so excited since I found our airfare for $198. I couldn't help myself, I just had to buy at that price.

Anyone planning to be there for New Year's Eve? This will be our first time doing New Year's at WDW - thoughts as to the best way to spend it? I am thinking of DHS but not sure. We're staying at BC if that helps. Thanks!

Just took a peek at flight prices, and they've already gone up $47 per person since we purchased on Sunday. I am glad we bit the bullet and bought on the day they were released....for the four of us, that's a $188 increase in 3 days (plus a 30% exchange on our CDN dollar .... so add another $56+ to that).

I spent last evening reading up on the non-park Christmas events around Orlando.....meeting Santa and Santa Goofy at DTD, the special events in Celebration.....and I was feeling so festive by the time I turned in for the night :santa: .

Last edited:
Does anyone here ever fly Frontier and have an idea of when they might release their flights for December? I can find no current info anywhere online. Patiently waiting for SW to open up, but wanting to price out a few other options. TIA!

Need to make an update to the roll call: we were booked at POR RR, but crunched some more numbers, made some changes, and are now booked in a garden wing room at the contemporary.
We figured that POR was excluded from FD last year, and is likely to be so again this year - so we looked at WL and CR. We've stayed at WL before, and it was great, but the location of CR can't be beat. It's worth the bit extra, since we're spending 3.5 days at MK.

Hello, everyone! This is my first post on the DIS boards. I actually found the boards while I was researching for our upcoming trip, and I'm so excited that I did! Found the boards, I mean, not researched. Well, the esearch was/is exciting, too. Ah, forget it! You know what I mean, right? Anyway, we are booked for the Contemporay from December 17-23. Since it's a trip to celebrate our 20th anniversary ( we Disneymooned way back in 1995), we have splurged on a tower room with MK view. To say I am excited is putting it mildly! Extremely mildly! We're planning to do the MVMCP on the 17th. I have other preliminary plans, and I might do a pre-trip report. But, at this point, I am just hoping to get enough posts to be able to have a profile pic. Can't wait to read more all about everyone else's plans!

Officially booked December 13-18th Splurged on a Bay Lake Tower 2 bedroom Villa MK View! So incredibly excited! Going with family so there will be 9 of us - 4 adults & 5 kids.

Hi guys! We've decided to attend the Christmas Party on Dec. 1. I'm eagerly waiting for the park hours to come out so we can firm up our preferred ADRs. Is anyone hoping to try BOG for breakfast??

Hello, everyone! This is my first post on the DIS boards. I actually found the boards while I was researching for our upcoming trip, and I'm so excited that I did! Found the boards, I mean, not researched. Well, the esearch was/is exciting, too. Ah, forget it! You know what I mean, right? Anyway, we are booked for the Contemporay from December 17-23. Since it's a trip to celebrate our 20th anniversary ( we Disneymooned way back in 1995), we have splurged on a tower room with MK view. To say I am excited is putting it mildly! Extremely mildly! We're planning to do the MVMCP on the 17th. I have other preliminary plans, and I might do a pre-trip report. But, at this point, I am just hoping to get enough posts to be able to have a profile pic. Can't wait to read more all about everyone else's plans!

:welcome:Welcome to the Disboards and the Official December 2015 thread!! Ha, yeah I knew what meant lol! That's great you got your rooms all booked, sounds exciting! That's awesome that it's your 20th anniversary celebration! The Xmas parties are great fun! :santa:

My DD24 and I are going Dec 3-13, at BCV! Plus, we suddenly just this last weekend booked the 24 hr MK Event weekend May 21 - 24, my DD is a bad influence, lol! I couldn't hardly wait till our Dec trip, and suddenly DD decides we must go and somehow she talked me into an extra little trip - never done that before, lol, and it was much too easy for her to convince me! It is Frozen, which, so far, we still love, so that helped!

You'll have to start posting all over to get your posts up, a pic and start your pre-trip report!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter