*** The Official August 2016 Thread! ***

We will be there same dates, also POR! Cant wait!

Me neither. It's really killing me not to tell the kids. I think my daughter figured it out because she found me count down on my phone. I played it off as its for one of my clients, but I don't think she believed me, especially since I don't have a great poker face

Two weeks from today!! But now I need to make sure we catch MSEP one more time since it won't be there for our Nov. trip :( Planned on skipping it this month but no can do!

We just returned yesterday!!!! Stayed off site but had a fabulous time!!! Parks weren't too crowded and it hardly rained at all -- which is very surprising!! Most of our August trips include lots of rain. It was very hot, but not unbearable. Had wonderful meals -- trying to remember them all!

Thumbs up for 1900 Park Fare Breakfast, Hollywood & Vine Breakfast, 50's Prime Time Dinner, Crystal Palace Breakfast, BOG Lunch, Rose & Crown Dinner, and Rainforest Cafe Breakfast

Thumbs down for 1900 Park Fare Dinner -- No Step Sisters!! My daughter handled it okay (she has special needs) but I could tell she was disappointed. That's one of her favorite meals and she loves both step sisters. We've gone before where we were missing one sister, but not both. Food was good though.

Another thumbs down for Paradiso 37 in Disney Springs. Met up with my brother and his family for dinner and the music was so loud we were screaming at each other just to be heard - and we were all at one table! Wouldn't recommend it at all unless you're dining alone. Or fluent in sign language. Food wasn't great either.

All in all -- it was a wonderful trip!! Can't wait to do it again next August!!!

Two more sleeps until were on our way to Disney!!!
Had a nightmare that I forgot to pack swimsuits and had to check all of the luggage this morning....
Three stays this trip. Starting at Saratoga, followed by one night at the Poly and ending our vacation at the Beach Club!

Two more sleeps until were on our way to Disney!!!
Had a nightmare that I forgot to pack swimsuits and had to check all of the luggage this morning....
Three stays this trip. Starting at Saratoga, followed by one night at the Poly and ending our vacation at the Beach Club!
We have 3 stays too (Contemporary, Beach Club, PORS). Haven't done a triple split stay before (last year POFQ/Beach Club), but we couldn't pick just one (or two) :rolleyes:

We got home from our trip last night. It was a short one but so fun! The crowds were so light on Thursday and Friday but Magic Kingdom and Epcot were insane on Saturday. The heat wasn't too bad Thursday and Friday but Saturday was really uncomfortable until after a brief rain while we were at BOG for an early dinner - then it was much better. We loved breakfast at Kona...Wolfgang Puck Express was good....the new pastry shop at Disney Springs was incredible and is now one of our must dos. Dinner at BOG was good although the service was quite slow even though the restaurant wasn't full. It seemed like our served forgot about us as he was more attentive to other tables. We also loved Bongo's.

Wednesday we arrived in the morning and took Magical Express to the resort. Our friend arrived around 7 am and the room was already ready for us, so we were able to go right to the room after setting up charging privileges on our magic bands. My sister arrived about 30 minutes later so we all headed to Disney Springs...arrived around 2 pm and stayed until about 8, the. Came back and hung out at the pool.

The next morning we had breakfast at Kona then hung out at the pool with my sister and friend, the. Headed to Epcot around 1 pm and were able to get same day fastpasses for Soarin (loved it but you definitely have to sit in the middle or the curvature is really bad). We also did Living with the Land and Nemo before heading to WS for a bit and then took the boat to DHS. We did TSMM and then my daughter did ToT four times and RBNRC twice while I waited out a short downpour. Then TSMM again and the Star Wars fireworks which were good but the "story" was so disjointed that it wasn't a story. We both felt that once was enough for us for those fireworks. There were still lots of great spots available 15 minutes before they started.

Friday we did RD at AL...did LS, KRR twice, FOTLK, and my daughter did EE three times....then lunch at Harambe (which we both really enjoyed). Then went to the resort for a pool break and then back to Epcot where we did Soarin, TT (sat right by the loading zone for 45 minutes during a storm), then Nemo, LWTL, Club Cool, and spend the evening snacking around WS. Les Artisans de Glacé is a new favorite - we went twice. We wanted to ride Frozen but I hadn't been able to get FP and the wait time never dropped below 60 minutes. We decided to try right before park closing but a storm hit and the wait jumped to 120 minutes. No, thanks. So we never did ride it.

Saturday was the most crowded and hottest day of our trip. We arrived at Epcot at 9:45 and there were no same day FP available for Soarin or TT until afternoon (actually I think Soarin didn't have any at all...) but we were signed up for Behind the Seeds at 10:30 so we grabbed a pastry and headed to our tour, which we enjoyed a lot. It was my second time doing that tour. After that we looked at TT single rider but it was 40 minutes so instead we got some lunch in WS and headed back to the resort for a much needed break from the heat. After a break we headed to MK where we were meeting my sister and her friend. We arrived at 2:30 to the longest bag check line I've ever seen. It was crazy. We made our way through the parade crowds to our first FP at Buzz and Jungle Cruise. We then browsed the shops to escape the heat. It was so miserably hot that if we hadn't been meeting my sister I would have left and come back later. They arrived at 4:30 and we were able to get in early for our BOG reservation. The food was good but we decided we prefer to go there for lunch. Service wasn't great but my steak was good. The desserts were not great - my cream puff was very dry and tasted a bit stale...the cupcakes were dry, and the brownie under the gray stuff was hard as a rock. That was disappointing.

After dinner we did Space Mountain, the carousel, Philharmagic, Monsters Inc, Little Mermaid, Splash Mountain, Aladdin, Dumbo, Small World, People Mover, POTC, SDMT, and Peter Pan (we split up for some of those). We watched Wishes from the hub - again, fabulous spots still available 15 minutes before the show. We closed down the park at midnight and had a great time.

Sunday we slept in a bit then got up and packed, checked our, and headed to Disney Springs for some last minute shopping and lunch....then back to the resort to catch Tragical Express...on to the airport where our flight was delayed because of weather, but we made it home around 7:15 pm.

Like I said, it was a fast trip but it was a great one. My daughter who went with me is getting married next summer and so we actually got so d wedding planning done by the pool, while in line for rides, etc. my husband and our other daughter didn't come on this trip due to schedule conflicts. It was a fun mother/daughter/sister/friend girls' trip.

This was our 10th trip and the first one where we didn't do RD every day. We took our time and focused on the things we love and trying new foods and things we have wanted to do on previous trips but didn't have time for. It was wonderful!!!

August 19th - 4am wake the kids up to Disney and HP music ... tell them about their surprise trip ... and get on the plane! :rainbow:

August 19th - Portofino Hotel / Universal! pixiedust:

August 22nd - Boardwalk Villas / DisneyWorld! :cloud9:

August 29th - Disney Dream! :sail:

August 19th - 4am wake the kids up to Disney and HP music ... tell them about their surprise trip ... and get on the plane! :rainbow:

August 19th - Portofino Hotel / Universal! pixiedust:

August 22nd - Boardwalk Villas / DisneyWorld! :cloud9:

August 29th - Disney Dream! :sail:

That is so exciting!!!! Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter