The Official 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Thread

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by schoonersky, Nov 14, 2012.

1. DoctorK

DoctorK Mouseketeer

Well, that escalated quickly. I wonder if that means the race will sell out ahead of last year's pace?

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. FloridaNative8

FloridaNative8 Mouseketeer

Haha, love that movie! I use that phrase whenever applicable, and this was perfect! :)

4. PlutoBaby

PlutoBaby Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Wow, what a difference 2 corrals make!:faint: The roads were fine but starting from the back, AK was a nightmare!:scared1: I submitted at 62 minute 10k time, so I'm thinking that should move me up a little this year.:confused3

I love, love, love the night start, but it wouldn't hurt to get things going just a little bit earlier. Say maybe 9? Then the last ones are on the road by 9:30ish.:thumbsup2

5. Figment1990

Figment1990 DIS Veteran

Perhaps I was distracted by my snarky stream-of-consciousness inner commentary at that point. It went something like, "Thank god we are finally in AK and off that tilted roadway-but wow it smells in here and not like runners-never was an Animal Kingdom fan anyhow - was there supposed to be a water stop somewhere in here?-where's everest?-oh look a bathroom - I think I'll go now and avoid the port-a-potties if possible-oh hmmm... garmin lost satelite connection in the bathroom-what does that mean?-oh look, I saw that guy before - oh THERE's Everest-aren't all these cast members so nice?-YIKES look at that crocodile statue -scared the bejeezus outta me! Thank goodness it's not real. Are there still people behind me???? I'm still on pace, right???!" :lmao::rotfl:

6. DoctorK

DoctorK Mouseketeer

Silly question: Do they have Photopass Photographers at the characters along the way? Or is there a CM who can take pictures? Or do you just recruit other people standing in line to take a picture with your phone or camera?

7. Figment1990

Figment1990 DIS Veteran

Not a silly question. They have race photo company photographers at most characters but not all over the place so it's sort of a mix of photo company and other runners. The last two years wine and dine used bright room for photos.

8. DoctorK

DoctorK Mouseketeer

Oh, I thought Brightroom was only for the racing photos. So, if I just want to tweet a picture of me with a character, will they take the picture with my camera the way Disney Photopass photographers will?

9. DCbride

DCbride DIS Veteran

Last year was my first time and we really wanted to soak it all in- so we stopped and took a picture at every mile marker :lmao: Almost every time we found a walker who was more than willing to take our picture. At character stops, there is usually about 5 or more people in line for the photo and everyone was very helpful.

10. jeanigor

jeanigor DIS Veteran

The Brightroom photographers will take photos on course and at some character stops.
    The Brightroom photographer will not take one with your camera/phone as a WDW Photopass Photographer will. The character attendant or a fellow racer will.

11. jeanigor

jeanigor DIS Veteran

Couldn't wait any longer. Had to stop dragging my feet. I registered this morning.:thumbsup2

12. DoctorK

DoctorK Mouseketeer

How often are the percentages updated? Daily or weekly maybe? It's still at 53% today.

13. BeaJeets

BeaJeets Earning My Ears

This will be my first Disney Half and I am sooooo excited! What times has anyone submitted in the past to be moved up in a corral? Just wanting to know how the corrals are spaced. Thanks!

14. mickeysgal

mickeysgal <font color=blue>Orange you glad I like Knock Knoc

Registered!

15. cewait

cewait DIS Veteran

Generally weekly, or so. The period between updates will fall if a significant change occurs. The entry pace will pick up as price increases near then as the percentages pass through the 85-90% range the entry rate can pick up and jump quickly. Jumping to 50+%this quickly would have one believe that the race will close to entry in June - or quicker.

Just estimating, an estimated 2:45 or less will get you into C. Something in the sub 2:20 range in the B corral and a sub 2 in the A. This can and will change depending on the number of entries along with the times estimated on those entries. Use an online calculator like McMillan to estimate your time based on a 10 k. runDisney uses a slightly different formula, but this is a good approximation.

16. Skampigirl

Skampigirl To all who have come to this happy place, welcome!

Hi everyone,

I'm in!! So excited! We usually stay at POR or the Polynesian (so glad they have added these as options! :cool1:), however we think we may try the Beach or Yacht Club as we have never stayed there before. My chief chEARleader (Mom) will be waiting at the finish line, but we likely won't be attending the after party. Will we still be able to walk through EPCOT to the Yacht Club after the race, or will I need to buy Mom a party ticket?

Also, I've heard some iffy things about the availability of quick service food at the YC. Any thoughts?

I'm just full of questions, but so looking forward to race weekend! :thumbsup2

Thanks for your advice!!

17. PlutoBaby

PlutoBaby Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I only stopped a couple of times, but the Cast Members were awesome about taking pictures with whatever you wanted to give them, phone, camera, sketch pad...:rotfl:

Yippee!!!:cool1::goodvibes You were in last year's picture right? What were you wearing? I'm trying to put faces with names.:goodvibes

BTW-If anyone knows how to use KT tape for IT band issues, please let me know. I'm getting desparate here! Thx!!

18. jeanigor

jeanigor DIS Veteran

Nope didn't make it for the photo. I was waiting for a photo with Chef Mickey.

19. capeseal

capeseal DIS Veteran

I thought you guys would appreciate the fact that I dreamt about running this race last night. Unfortunately, the first two miles were laps around my living room. I remember thinking it was pretty lame of Disney not to offer any characters for that portion :rotfl2:

As long as it doesn't suddenly sell out, I am registering April 1st. Still not sure about poor DH with his tendonitis but I am also going to sign up DD (and possibly DS because I could see him feeling very left out otherwise) for the kids' races. When we did ToT, i was surprised about how upset DD (4) was about not being a part of the races. She runs the track with me once a week now to "train." Really, she just runs one or two laps and then kicks around a soccer ball while I finish speed work.

20. FloridaNative8

FloridaNative8 Mouseketeer

I'm looking at the registration for the 5K, and I don't see a stroller division... and when you go to register, it says:

5K: All ages are welcome to participate. Each participant must be able to complete the 5K on their own.

So, does that mean no strollers are allowed for this race? The way it's worded makes me think not, but Just wanted to get another set of eyes on this to see if I'm misunderstanding something!

Thank you!!

21. DisneyRunnerGirl

DisneyRunnerGirl If you see me sitting in a rocking chair, it's bec