The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Turtle31, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Chelley00

Chelley00 DIS Veteran

I was in line with skier_pete for the dwarfs :)

The kids and I did the party on Sunday night, and then again with family on Thursday. Thursday was definately way more crowded than Sunday. We saw so much more on Sunday, especially character lines. I felt like we spent way more time in line on Thursday. Crazy crowded.

We did the second parade on Sunday and the first parade on Thursday, and the crowds were about the same for both, so I wouldn't listen to the whole first parade being less crowded thing :)

We scored the most candy in front of Buzz right right before midnight. The CM said he didn't want to carry a full bucket back and was trying to empty it. He basically filled our bags :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. discorsner

discorsner DIS Veteran

I am wondering if there is ever a time to get villan autogrpahs? I see the original post that many don't sign at the party but are they ever out other times in October?

We are going to MNSSHP next year and I am trying to learn as much as possible from this year's thread. Both DS11 and DS8 (next year) have always been into getting the characters to sign. Just wondering what is possible so I can manage some expectations ahead of time!

TIA

4. LisaCat

LisaCat Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney

I looked in the first post where all the info is, but couldn't find an answer. I apologize if it's somewhere in the 100 pages of posts.... LOL

Is there a list of rides/attractions that are NOT open during MNSSHP?

We are going on Nov 1 and our full day in MK is Nov 3. I know we will spend a lot of time doing party specific things, but I'd like to knock out some of the "long wait time" items if possible.

Thanks!

5. tlh0726

tlh0726 DIS Veteran

.Just got back from attending our first MNSSHP. Met the dwarfs, the princes and princessess, the hag, cinderella's stepmom and sisters, tiana and naveen, malicifent, cruella, mad hatter, and buzz. Stopped at the dance parties but the kids didn't want to dance but we ,saw jessie and woody. And goofy, stitch, chip and dale. We caught the tail end of the first parade, sat in front of the castle for the fireworks, watched the 2nd parade from in front of the dance party building, and did the 1115 villian show

6. AliceinMaryland

AliceinMaryland Mouseketeer

I know jungle cruise was not open on atleast our 1st MNSSHP on Thursday Oct 21st. Don't know if it was a breakdown or if it was supposed to be closed.

7. poohj80

poohj80 Got Hunny?

Wasn't open for us either since it was a candy stop.

8. leadfootlevi

leadfootlevi DIS Veteran

List of attractions that ARE open during MNSSHP:

Swiss Family Treehouse
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    The Magic Carpets of Alladin
    Splash Mountain
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    Haunted Mansion
    The Hall of Presidents
    Peter Pan's Flight
    Prince Charming Regal Carousel
    Dumbo the Flying Elephant
    Mickey's PhilharMagic
    Snow White's Scary Adventures
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (I think this is closed on 11/1)
    Tomorrowland Speedway
    Astro Orbiter
    Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
    Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover
    Stitch's Great Escape
    Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor (closes at 10:00 PM)
    The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm

Have a great time. We'll be there on the first too!

9. Finkerfell

Finkerfell Mouseketeer

I'm with you, Skier Pete- just about the same experience. It's like you need to go two times to really enjoy it, or you are just rushing from here to there! And that's a lot of money to do it twice!

10. LisaCat

LisaCat Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney

Thanks! Just finished making my "lime green Mickey head badge" for my backpack!

11. LollipopPanda

LollipopPanda Mouseketeer

We were there on the 24th. Our daughter threw up during the parade and we had to leave. We barely got to do anything. :sad2: We rode two rides. We didn't even get a chance to see any characters. I wish I could get my money back for that evening. It was such a waste for us. On a happy note, DD felt better the next day and we were able to have a little fun.

12. tlh0726

tlh0726 DIS Veteran

Sitting here by the pool at POP doing laundry. I already posted what we did at our first MNSSHP on tues night. I will agree with skier pete, for us no real reason to do it again anytime in the near future. I think our main problem was just the congestion of the crowds. With areas being roped off and one ways due to the treat stops it totally disrupted flow patterns in the park. We also felt that we were constantly rushing from one place to another. Never did any rides. We did ask a cm and she said that they sell 22K tickets per night for these events

13. tlh0726

tlh0726 DIS Veteran

Duplicate post

14. ambertides

ambertides DIS Veteran

We were there Tuesday and it was REALLY crowded, IMO. We ended up being about 30 minutes late and just not getting much done despite rushing around. My costume got demolished by people just pushing and shoving (not necessarily on purpose) and little kids grabbing on to me. We did get there late, so that might be why, but all night just seemed super crowded right up to maybe 11:30.

We're going to do it again next year, for sure (unless for some crazy reason they stop doing it). But probably earlier in October or even in September. It'll be hotter (probably), but I hope less packed.

We had fun other than the crowds.

If anyone here was the Sora/Donald/Goofy team, those were my favorite costumes of the night. The Jimminy in the hoodie with the journal was a great touch.

15. Bets19

Bets19 Mouseketeer

:cool1::cool1: :cool1: Looking forward to my first MNSSHP on Monday!:dance3:

16. WheelCEO

WheelCEO DIS Veteran

I rode space mountain during the party...

17. clarkinstlouis

clarkinstlouis Mouseketeer

Sitting at WL just back from the party. If you were there on Tuesday as we were, take the crowd, divide by half, and that was tonight. Relaxed, happy, no congestion, tons of candy (they were rationing on Tuesday) really a great night. so differant that Tuesday, so it just shows dont judge your night by past nights

18. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella Wench

We will see you there! Here's to hoping for low crowds since it is the day after Halloween :wizard:

19. mickeyboat

mickeyboat <font color=660099>Nothing like the cream and choc

We went on the 24th and I didn't think it was all that crowded. We rode some rides, got some candy and watched the second parade and fireworks (loved both!). There was a 10 minute wait at Dumbo and 5 minutes at Astro Orbiter. The TOT lines seemed long, but they moved quickly. We didn't wait in line many characters, though. There was definitely not enough time to do it all.

Space Mountain was open.

We got to the park at 10:00 and had dinner at CP. We left just before midnight. We were all completely exhausted!

20. ambertides

ambertides DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting that. Seems we just got an "unlucky" night for crowds, then.

21. blondietink

blondietink DIS Veteran

Just got a chance to view my Photopass pics from the 19th when we were at MNNSP. They are awesome!:woohoo: We did the hitch hiking ghosts, Haunted Mansion hearse and 7 Dwarfs. We will be purchasing at least one from each setting. Those ghost pictures are really terrific. 40% off doesn't hurt too much, either. :thumbsup2