The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Turtle31, Jul 8, 2010.

1. DisneyFirefly

DisneyFirefly DIS Veteran

You have options for how to receive them. You can A) pay to have them mailed to you, B) pick them up at Will Call, or C) print them out at home. I chose to pick them up at Will Call because I'm buying them in three separate transactions (budget reasons) and want the ticket, not a print-out.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. fey_spirit

fey_spirit DIS Veteran

It took about two weeks for ours to get here.

4. NewfieMom

NewfieMom Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for your speedy responses! Can anyone post/describe what the tickets look like this year? Or what you get in the package?

5. mickeyboat

mickeyboat <font color=660099>Nothing like the cream and choc

We got our tickets this week and they are like credit cards. Each card has a picture of Mickey, Minnie, Pluto or Donald on it.

6. Turtle31

Turtle31 DIS Veteran

Thank You so much for continuing to update us with the info. I have updated the first post to reflect the newest info.
    So the rumor about the carriage is true ? Wow will alot of people be disappointed. :sick:

7. staciemkg

staciemkg Earning My Ears

If she wanted to, she could be Melody :thumbsup2

8. BabyEeyore

BabyEeyore DIS Veteran

Very true! That's a really cute idea. We bought her Cinderella dress awhile back, though, otherwise I would totally look into that!!!

9. janloz

janloz Wishing I was at WDW now.

Us, too. Have to get my tickets soon.

We will have our laptop at WDW since DH likes to download pics from camera cards every night. I will try to upload pics of map and any info that I think will be useful. Any requests?

10. Chelley00

Chelley00 DIS Veteran

DD8, DS5 and I are taking my mom for her first visit and planning on doing MNSHHP on Oct 19th. We went to one party in 2006 and 2 parties in 2008. I'm debating going twice this trip too. We LOVE the party and it's always one of the highlights of our trip.

Now I just need to figure out costumes for all of us, since we won't tell my mom we're going until that night!

11. 100AcreWood

100AcreWood DIS Veteran

How much do they charge to mail the tickets?

12. agravette

agravette Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if Merlin the Magician still performs at the party? I saw where another forum had a post about him, but I've not seen him the past two years. I didn't know if I had just missed seeing him while he was out, or if that act has been discontinued. Thanks!

13. AJRitz

AJRitz DIS DAD #420

We're doing our first MNSSHP on October 8, the last night of our trip. We've been struggling a bit with what to do about costumes. DD7 has her heart set on being Mia from Princess Diaries for Halloween, but I'm afraid that the dress she wants (and the long gloves with it) will be WAY too hot for early October in Orlando. I had a mini-brainstorm today and asked DW to take a look at pictures of Lilo. DD LOVES Lilo & Stitch, we're staying at the Poly, and Lilo's dress should be an easy costume to make (and much cooler than Princess Mia's dress).

What to do about a costume for DS3 is even harder. His "usual" Halloween costume is a dinosaur. But that costume is definitely too hot for Orlando in October. He's been talking lately about being Buzz, but again, that seems to me like a hot costume. I'm hoping we can convince him to do Woody instead, and we can find some cooler fabrics for a cowboy costume for him.

14. Jen0504

Jen0504 Mouseketeer

We are attending our first MNSSHP on Sept. 21st! Super excited!!!:banana:

15. ebird08

ebird08 Mouseketeer

Initially, i was thinking we'd skip the MNSSHP but after reading this thread I'm not so sure. Last year we skipped the MVMCP and I wasn't crushed - of course, i didn't know what i was missing. I wonder how this party compares to the Christmas one. I think maybe we'll just fork over the moola and do it!

16. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

No problem!! Thank you for updating the first post.

At the moment, no plans for the carriage. But as soon as I hear otherwise I'll make sure to let everyone know!

Afraid not. :sad1: I'd love to meet Merlin.

17. DisneyFirefly

DisneyFirefly DIS Veteran

If I remember correctly, it was $5 for regular first class mail. I just chose will call, but mail or print at home may obviously work better for other guests :)

Oh, and print at home is free if you choose that :flower3:

18. Symphony

Symphony Mouseketeer

Damn I was a little excited about seeing the carriage. Hm, oh well, never done a party before so I guess I don't know any better if things change this year :goodvibes we're aiming to enjoy it. Last night in Disney going out with a bang hopefully

19. absolut_mandy

absolut_mandy DIS Veteran

Hi Folks,

I thought that I read something about a special photopass cd for MNSSHP, can anyone direct to the thread or provide me a bit more info?

Thanks
    Mandy

20. kastoney

kastoney Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

My husband and I (both mid-30's) are headed down in September and just realized the first MNSSHP will be while we are there. We don't have any kids (though number 1 is in the oven) and after reading what goes on I'm not sure I could justify $50+ per person on top of park tickets for just us. Is it worth it for adults?

21. cannp123165

cannp123165 <font color=green>Very Quizzical<font color=teal>

Thanks for the thread. We are hoping to attend the first party on September 14. I have never been to MNSSHP before and am really excited! :)