The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

I have a few questions.

I have an ADR for LTT at 4 p.m. If I don't get into the park until 4, do you think they will still take us? I'm thinking about canceling the ADR anyway, but I can't make up my mind.

I asked these before:

Do any of the characters stay out when the parade is going on?

When's the best time to see Mickey & Minnie or Pooh and Friends if you're going to go to 7 Dwarves and Cinderella's Carriage first?

Thanks!

I have a few questions.

I have an ADR for LTT at 4 p.m. If I don't get into the park until 4, do you think they will still take us? I'm thinking about canceling the ADR anyway, but I can't make up my mind.

I asked these before:

Do any of the characters stay out when the parade is going on?

When's the best time to see Mickey & Minnie or Pooh and Friends if you're going to go to 7 Dwarves and Cinderella's Carriage first?

Thanks!

LTT may hold your ADR up to 15-20 minutes, depending on walk up numbers. When you arrive you will not be the next sat, your name will be moved to the end of the list which may increase your wait time. Each restaurant is a little different.

The Pooh characters are not out during the parade, others are not affected beyond their regular rotation.

Mickey and Minnie are available all night. Pooh and Friends are hard to catch, their first set is 7:30-8:00, and then they're not back again until 9. It's a little random like that all night, if you try to get in line and it's cut be sure to ask the attendant what time they'll be back.

Awesome tips, reports, etc! Thanks everyone!!
One quick question:
Somewhere I got the time for Stitch's Dance Party as 7:00, 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, & 11:00... But I don't have times for Bullseyes Round up...any help? Thanks :)

(I am sure I will have more, but this one sticks out right now!!!

Thanks everyone!

Both dance parties are all night. I'm not sure where you saw the 626 times.

For the 626 party, Stitch is out all night, but his friends rotate between Chip, Dale, Pluto, and Goofy. Maybe those times represent one of those groups?

== my eyes are burning trying to take all this info in == :) i feel armed and dangerous .. but there is one question (which totally shows the glutton in me) ... I read that someone was disappointed in the candy this year and they asked if it would "kill" Disney to spring for snickers at $50 a pop? Specifically what I would like to know is === what are they talking about? Is there a problem with the candy this year? No candy? Cheap candy? can someone fill me in?

Thanks guys and gals.

Candy is a complaint every year. Disney used to give out larger portions of Chocolate, but during the hotter months they discovered it was starting to melt, sticking together, etc. Any candy not finished one party, is collected and handed out to the next. But with all the melted candy, it was harder to redistribute candy from previous nights, making overall costs go up.

Disney has increased the chocolate amount this year, compared to last, but each station only gets X number of chocolate boxes. It's up to that individual station when they mix in and hand out their chocolate boxes. So timing is key here, you may find a station with chocolate, you may not. There is really no way to plan it.

I know we used to pass out our chocolate boxes during one of the parades when the crowds were slower. Can't speak to all locations, that was just ours. If we did it during the busy times then people would just keep cycling through making it harder for others to get anything.

I rode Space Mtn twice last night, once at 11:30 pm.

Here's my album of MNSSHP photos - I grabbed pictures of the shirts, hats, pins, and other merchandise, and there are photos from fireworks and parades and other stuff too.

Had a lot of fun! Thanks to everyone who posted info leading up to the party.

Where were the pins that you took a pic of? Did the plush Mickey and Minnie have anything which noted MNSSHP on them or were they the same as available in the park during the day?

Thanks so much!

Which characters will not be at their meet and greets during parades or fireworks?

Also, I think I'm going to get in line for the 7 Dwarves before 7 p.m. I think I'll check the line for Cinderella's carriage a couple of times and see when it is shorter.

Where is Cinderella's carriage this year?

I read that someone was disappointed in the candy this year and they asked if it would "kill" Disney to spring for snickers at $50 a pop? Specifically what I would like to know is === what are they talking about? Is there a problem with the candy this year? No candy? Cheap candy? can someone fill me in?

I think you're referring to my post. My specific beef is cheap candy. I've never had a problem with the volume given out, but what I got last year was cheap, cheap, cheap and from the pictures people have posted, it looks about the same this year.

Last year I literally came home with 56 rolls of off-brand Smarties. Not even real Smarties. Plenty of no-name suckers, Sixlets, Bit-O-Honey, and the like. There were a couple of M&M/Mars candies, but nothing like when we attended in 2008 and came home with sacks overflowing with Twizzlers, Milky Ways, etc.

I can understand the concern about melting chocolate. October in Florida is definitely a crapshoot when it comes to weather. But even the chocolate they are providing is second-tier--things like 100 Grand, generic chocolate eyeballs, etc. Plus, couldn't the non-chocolate be of a better quality? Twizzlers, Skittles, and even real Smarties don't melt.

I fully realize that trick or treating isn't important to many people who go, but for me, it is. I also realize I could buy enough name-brand candy for a whole year on the $200 I spent for tickets for 4. :laughing:

My plan this year is to go to the party and try to decide if it's still worth it for me now that it appears that they candy will stay cheap--I was hoping they would improve it for this year. I may still find the atmosphere worth the cost of admission, or I may decide to pass on it next year. Won't know 'till I try it out!

My tickets are here!!!! I know I should have saved the $5 and just picked them up at Will Call, but I had to have them in my hands.

What a disappointment that they were generic fab 5 plastic cards. I was hoping for something fantastic!

I agree! I was sad they weren't Halloween themed too, but I figure, as long as we are going, I don't really care! Haha!

I have a question. We are going on the 31st this year. I saw people post that all the Halloween tees will be sold out by then...is this true? We've gone on the 27th, 28th the past 2 years and never had a problem getting a shirt. I'll be so sad if I'm not able to buy a shirt this year! :( It's kind of tradition for us to wear our shirt from the previous year on the plane ride down for our next trip! :)

We'll be there the 21st - since the characters are out until midnight - what is the line for the dwarves usually like really late - like 11:00 - Midnight?

My question exactly! DH is not going to stand in line an hour before dwarves come out! I'm going sept 21 too!

Thanks to all for sharing your pictures. We will be attending the party on 10/7 and I can't wait (especially after viewing all the pics).

We've been to MK a million times over the years but have never been to MNSSHP or been there very late so this is exciting!

We have a 5-yr-old. We're planning on hitting the park in the morning then going back late afternoon for the party and staying as long as possible without making him completely miserable. We've never had him in the park after about 9.

Do you think we should bring a stroller for him to crash in? He hasn't used one in a year or more but just thinking he might need a place to rest. Does anyone else do this with kids this old?

Do you think we should bring a stroller for him to crash in? He hasn't used one in a year or more but just thinking he might need a place to rest. Does anyone else do this with kids this old?

A good lunchtime/afternoon break will make the world of difference. For you too, not just for your son.

Stroller at age 5? Absolutely! :thumbsup2 If you think you might need it, go for it. I can assure you that you will see older children than 5 in strollers. Some kids have better stamina than others and you need to do what suits you.

Have fun!

We've been to MK a million times over the years but have never been to MNSSHP or been there very late so this is exciting!

Our DS is 4 1/2 and by the end of the day, he was really tired. He was riding in the stroller most of the time. There were a number of spots that let you push a small stroller through the candy stops. Definitely by the end of the night, there were a number of smaller ones asleep in their strollers.

Where were the pins that you took a pic of? Did the plush Mickey and Minnie have anything which noted MNSSHP on them or were they the same as available in the park during the day?

Thanks so much!

The MNSSHP merchandise is available at the Emporium, Frontierland Trading Post and The Heritage House. The pin pictures are from Frontierland Trading Post and the Mickey and Minnie beanies are not party specific, they are available all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!