The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

Can you meet Mickey and Minnie together or are they seperate? If so are they in their regular outfits or Halloween? I would love for them to be together in their regular outfits because DD & DS are going to be Mickey and Minnie and that would be a great photo! Thanks. If not maybe they will wear them to Chef Mickey's. :)

In the past they were seperate, this year they are together. They will both be in Halloween costumes. They are not in their traditional gear at Chef Mickeys either. To find them together, in traditional clothing, visit Judge's Tent before the party; best to line up around 6 and let the attendants know that you are specifically looking for their traditional tux and red dress.

Is there any way that when you update the character list you can add if they are in a halloween costume? I would like to make the most of the few hours we have and skip those we have seen during the day. This info is great! Thanks!

Same as last year: 2009 CHARACTER REPORT

VIPS, STITCH and POOH characters dress up.

The Pooh characters meet in pairs and switch off about evey 20-30 minutes . I might be a bit off the time.but thats how they usually do it.

Pooh characters are different this year. Since they are in Town Square, competing with parades and fireworks, they will be all out together (probably two together with two seperate lines) but they will not be available all night.

We definitely want to see the 7 Dwarves. It looks like we should line up at 6:30? Is this correct? Will they show up at 7:00? What are the character lines like later in the night? Should we do the characters first or will the lines be better after 11:00?

Yes, they'll be there at 7:00. Lines vary, I usually save Toon Town to the end hoping most people have seen Mickey/Minnie by that point. However, last year the line for Mickey was so long for MVMCP I had to skip him. So put your must dos first.

Probably a silly question... but do all 7 of them sign autographs? If so, that has got to be a tedious process !!!

Nope, they do not. This list includes who does/does not sign: 2010 MNSSHP CHARACTERS

1. What is the Haunted Mansion magic shot?

2. How popular is Cinderella's carriage?

1. check the report linked early in my post.

2. popular. we lucked out and got our picture before the party started last year and only had a 5-10 minute wait. That's incredibly short!!

I hope this show is worth it for the money

What show?

I leave for the airport in about an hour and a half. I will be at the party on Tuesday. I'll be sure to give my feedback

Please confirm if you can get in earlier than 7:00 PM using the MNSSHP ticket only. Disney announced that at DL you can get in at 4:00 PM, but has not mentioned an earlier time for WDW.

Happy Halloween or should I say MNSSHP!

Do all of the characters at MNSSHP have their Halloween costumes on or just some? I.E. Do the princesses and the Fairies have Halloween costumes on or just their regular clothes? Just trying to figure out the priority list for characters. Definately want to hit as many in costume as possible.

see above

Do all of the characters at MNSSHP have their Halloween costumes on or just some? I.E. Do the princesses and the Fairies have Halloween costumes on or just their regular clothes? Just trying to figure out the priority list for characters. Definately want to hit as many in costume as possible.

Same as last year: 2009 CHARACTER REPORT

VIPS, STITCH and POOH characters dress up.

I know the Halloween night show sells out in advance, does anyone remember if any other dates sold out last year.

I love this thread almost as much as I love Halloween. :love:We went last year in September and loved it so much we went again later in the week. This year we are going on Halloween, we know it will be crowed but it is HALLOWEEN AT DISNEY! :mickeyjum

My Youngest (4) will be kick buttowski a grandma homemade costume (it is awesome). My oldest will be the Maddhatter, a costume I will try to make from a website(I hope it will be awesome). My husband and I however are not sure. Last year we bought the shirts where our heads where goofy and dopey and but thought this year being Halloween we might try something better. Still looking and thinking, there are some great suggestions here on the posts.

Hope everyone has as much fun as we did last year! :yay::maleficen:stitch:

They do not.

Take a look at this list for information on who will sign and who is likely to have photopass: MNSSHP CHARACTERS 2010

No, and neither does Snow White when she is with them. It's a quick picture and move on (and in 2008, it was not a Photopass spot, so you had to take your own pictures....that may have changed?)

Thanks Berlioz70 & Chelley00 - what would we do without you?! I wish I could hire you as a guide that evening - and I've been to MNSSHP twice already!

Thanks for answers! Saw the Haunted Mansion magic photo -- that looks like fun.

I saw on the old thread (tips from the 2009 party) someone posted a link to the MNSSHP pins. Is there any other information on other merchandise, like party t-shirts?

Reading this thread has gotten me so excited for the party I bought a ticket for next week when I'll be at WDW for a business trip. Then my family is going in late October! So excited to check out the party early and to go twice!!

I would also like to know about pins - specifically to confirm where they are available. Last year for MVMCP I purchased at the pin shop in Frontierland near the Country Bear Jamboree, wondering if the MNSSHP pins will be there as well? Anywhere else? Thanks! :thumbsup2

Okay so having rebooked our trip to begin October 31st, my question is for those not attending the party and dressing up is it allowable to have a "normal" evening at the MK or is it best to avoid it altogether. If our flight arrives in the morning and we headed to MK at 3 PM , does our regular pass work for that? Can party guests go on rides? I would hope so given the xtra money being shelled out. If my travel party is childless is this a good night to ride Soarin 25 times in a row? Or TOT? Any suggestions?:confused:

Okay so having rebooked our trip to begin October 31st, my question is for those not attending the party and dressing up is it allowable to have a "normal" evening at the MK or is it best to avoid it altogether. If our flight arrives in the morning and we headed to MK at 3 PM , does our regular pass work for that? Can party guests go on rides? I would hope so given the xtra money being shelled out. If my travel party is childless is this a good night to ride Soarin 25 times in a row? Or TOT? Any suggestions?:confused:

I don't think you can stay in MK without party tickets actually so I would stick to planning fun in the other parks if you aren't planning to attend MNSSHP.

So the MK would "close" to all guests without party ticket? Starting at 7 or earlier? At this point I think we will do DHS anyway....

I saw on the old thread (tips from the 2009 party) someone posted a link to the MNSSHP pins. Is there any other information on other merchandise, like party t-shirts?

see this thread - I want EVERYTHING !:eek:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2553533

Only guests who have purchased a party ticket will be allowed in MK after 7pm and not all all (but a lot) of the rides are open to them and usually fairly quiet. AK closes at 5pm, Studio's at 7:30 and EPCOT 9pm. DTD have some Trick or treating early in the evening I believe, which is free for anyone. Does that answer any of your questions? Maybe your resort is doing something special?

I have been doing lots and LOTS :scared1: of reading regarding MNSSHP because not only is this our 1st WDW trip, :woohoo: but our first Halloween there as well. I just want to confirm what I am reading: If I am going to be there for a week, then do everything ELSE (rides, shows, etc) at MK on a different day before the party so we can focus on the party and not other MK stuff, right? Also, with a 7 day park hopper (and also a 3 day PtoP at UO) I only need our tickets for the party, not in addition to my day pass (unless I was planning on going earlier and just staying), right? My thoughts are to not go to any of the WDW parks at all that day, maybe IOA early in the day, rest in the middle and then party at MK. Would this work? I don't want to waste a day's ticket if I don't need to, but if I have to have it anyway to use the party ticket, then I may as well stay on property and do another park that morning. Does that make any sense? lol :confused3

Also, I haven't bought the tickets for the MNSSHP yet, as we were still debating 9/21 or 9/23. Any past goers know if a Tuesday or Thursday is better? (There are still tickets, I am not worried about that...the AAA lady keeps me up to date. :love:)

I have been doing lots and LOTS :scared1: of reading regarding MNSSHP because not only is this our 1st WDW trip, :woohoo: but our first Halloween there as well. I just want to confirm what I am reading: If I am going to be there for a week, then do everything ELSE (rides, shows, etc) at MK on a different day before the party so we can focus on the party and not other MK stuff, right? Yes this is a good idea, b/c the rides are there any other day but the activities are not, you should have time to ride a couple though b/c the lines will be short. i actually planned on riding the rides but once i got at the party there was so much to do that we didnt ride much at all. it is fun to ride Pirates and the haunted mansion but the HM had such a long line last time that we didnt ride it at the party, did it another day. Also, with a 7 day park hopper (and also a 3 day PtoP at UO) I only need our tickets for the party, not in addition to my day pass (unless I was planning on going earlier and just staying), right? You only need to use your party ticket to get into the party. if you want to get in sooner than 4pm you'd have to use a regular ticket. our plan is to go to the waterpark before the party or go to another park like Epcot and then go over to the MK at 4pmMy thoughts are to not go to any of the WDW parks at all that day, maybe IOA early in the day, rest in the middle and then party at MK. Would this work? SureI don't want to waste a day's ticket if I don't need to, but if I have to have it anyway to use the party ticket, then I may as well stay on property and do another park that morning. Does that make any sense? lol :confused3 If you had to also use a park ticket then no one would care about when you can get in b/c the park tickets would get you in when the park opens. if you're already in the park you just go at a llittle before the party to show your ticket and get a wristband

Also, I haven't bought the tickets for the MNSSHP yet, as we were still debating 9/21 or 9/23. Any past goers know if a Tuesday or Thursday is better? both days should be good b/c its not a weekend and it's not October, go for it! I'll be there soon after you :)(There are still tickets, I am not worried about that...the AAA lady keeps me up to date. :love:)

have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter