The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Turtle31, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

Correct.

They did sign last year, but since DH is the rumored Dance Party replacement for the Grotto, characters do not have photopass or sign autographs.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sto6917

sto6917 "If only I had not accepted that invitation to din

If anyone has been to MNNSHP on Halloween I would love to hear about it. We are going on the 31st this year.

I know it will be crowded- but are we talking mire than "spring break" crowded?

Thanks!

4. agravette

agravette Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for letting us know where the new dance party is being held! I wondered where it was moving.

5. PC MOM

PC MOM Mouseketeer

can't wait to hear what's happening this year!:banana:

6. ILoveMyGirls

ILoveMyGirls DIS Veteran

we will be there on opening night :) i'll write about it when i have the energy but am sure the die hard DIS fan will beat me to it :) lol

7. motogp

motogp Mouseketeer

Will there be other characters at the Dance Party besides Woody, Jessie and Bullseye at DH???

8. motogp

motogp Mouseketeer

Also, when others refer to the characters in the builing by Aloha Isle, is that the Veranda area (Baloo, King Louie, etc???) ??? Thank you......

9. travelfanatic

travelfanatic Mouse fan

Can anyone tell me if Columbia Harbour House will be open during the party? TIA!!pirate:

10. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

Dining: Casey's Corner, Pecos Bill's Cafe, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe Counter Serve will be open as well as the Liberty Tree Tavern and Tony's Town Square full serve restaurants. Snacks will also be available. These were the restaurants open in 2009 - 2010 dining info hasn't been released yet.

(i read how people have reservations at Crystal Palace or at the Castle for 7pm reservations-- and I wonder if they really do since these are not listed as available places opened

11. Carmen NC

Carmen NC Mouseketeer

Awesome information. My sister and I will be at our first Halloween Party on 10/17 (it will also be our first Food and Wine Festival). Passing the info along so my sis can take notes too. Keep the notes and ideas coming.

12. keishashadow

keishashadow <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green

:cool1:

im sure it's a typo, but the Sunday in question is 10/3, I only know as i'll be there then & picked 10/7 instead

13. PC MOM

PC MOM Mouseketeer

Thanks so much! We are newbies to the MNSSHP and going on the 19th! Dd is 9 & 1/2 so we figure she will have a blast!

14. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

from reading trip reports from last year I am guessing this is two different areas. Some reported waiting on the Veranda then visiting the Aloha Isle characters then getting back to the veranda for different characters.

I am hoping some one posts information about the first party BEFORE Sept 18th

15. onnawufei

onnawufei The Girl With the Ninja Turtle Tattoo

I went on Halloween 2008 and while I didn't have a basis for comparison at the time (it was my first time at WDW) I didn't think it was bad. Even on Halloween most of the rides were either walk on, or had a very short line and the walk ways weren't overly crowded or anything. The only time I can say I noticed the crowd was after the parade and fireworks ended but of course you're going to notice it then. The herd is on the move and all that.

16. mom2rtk

mom2rtk My, what red cheeks you have, Santa!

If you're going to one of the parties to do rides, you'll be fine even on a sold out night.

It's the party specific stuff, the things you can't do during the day, that become problematic on a sold out night. Main Street gets really bottled up. You have to get your spots EARLY for the parade and fireworks. And the character lines get really long.

17. ILoveMyGirls

ILoveMyGirls DIS Veteran

we are new to this particular party, have been to the Christmas one and loved it.

18. maddyjack

maddyjack Earning My Ears

Not having Photopass w/Bullseye will be disappointing.....he's my DS3's favorite character.....one of the reasons we bought the MNSSHP ticket. I'll have to make sure the wife get's our camera going.....I'll make sure to let you know for sure if this is the case as we have tickets for the first night....9/14

19. Mouse's Shadow

Mouse's Shadow DIS Veteran

Hey we'll be there too. Just look for the 3 middle aged women with the 12 year old boy.:rotfl: It is his first visit to WDW. I just booked MNSSHP last night. It will be everyone's first time at the event. I'd love to dress-up but my friends already think I'm over the edge nutty.

20. onnawufei

onnawufei The Girl With the Ninja Turtle Tattoo

That is definitely true. Since it was our first day at WDW we didn't know to get a good spot for the parade beforehand, so I ended up with some lady's hair in a good number of my pictures. This year I'll be prepared! But really lining up in advance for fireworks or the parade is pretty universal, at least for some people.

25 days till my trip! I'm a ball of excitement!

21. hereyago

hereyago DIS Veteran

Ok, here is a question: DD12 isn't into the character meet and greet thing anymore. So, we can just collect candy and ride rides-I know certain rides will only be available after 7pm. Then see the 2nd parade as from this thread I understand it will be less crowded.

So, does that sound ok?