The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Turtle31, Jul 8, 2010.

1. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

We will have to wait for the first party goers to get back and report to us.
    Last year the dance party was held at Ariels Grotto which is now closed

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

Dance parties run from 7-12, but characters will rotate.

One will be at the Diamond Horseshoe with Woody, Jessie there all night and Bullseye making appearances.

The other is at the Rockettower stage area. Stitch will be there all night with Chip and Dale trading with Pluto and Goofy.

4. tinkerbell555

tinkerbell555 Earning My Ears

I haven't been to Disney in 20 years. We are going Oct 1-8th. Me,husband,and 4 children ages 9-16. Is this party worth the extra cash? Will it be extremely busy?This will be their 1st trip.Do most people ride the rides first or trick or treat? How do you tote that around all night? Do you get a discount with the Disney Visa card ? Thanks for the info.

5. skier_pete

skier_pete None

If you've never been before ever, I would question the need to go to it...there is so much to see and do without it. At $55 a pop, that's an extra $300+ you would spend for 5 hours of entertainment. We are on our 6th trip and finally going for the first time. (Many here will tell you it's well worth it, though...)

I would only consider it IF you and your family are really into Halloween / Villians, or have plenty of extra money, then it probably would be worth it to you. While the lines for the rides are very short, the reason they are short is that there is so much other stuff to do, people generally don't spend a lot of time on the rides. Between the parade / fireworks / shows / dance parties / trick or treating, the five hours go by quickly (or so I hear). IF you want to go just for short lines for the rides, your better off with just smart touring strategies and using FP on a regular day. As far as trick or treating goes, though it sounds like it's best to wait until late when the lines get shorter as many people leave before the end.

There is no discount for Visa holders. AP and DVC get discounts, but I think that's.

6. disneypolybride2008

disneypolybride2008 DIS Veteran

if your family is into the activities i'd go for it! it's so fun to dress up and trick or treat. we lug ours around in our own trick or treat bag. DH loved that. It was 10lbs. we weighed it when we got home. Last year though we only got 5lbs b/c we were dissappointed in the selection. It's awesome to see the headless horseman at the start of the parade, or i should say before it starts. It has such a fun vibe that is only apart of the party. You also get to see special characters. We're going 2x this trip. When we have kids i hope we're fortunate enough to go to wdw and the parties.

7. MadilynnsMomma

MadilynnsMomma ...first star to the right, and straight on til mo

If any of you haven't already, then please do! Follow the link in my siggy and add your date, guests & costumes to the list :goodvibes

8. mom2rtk

mom2rtk My, what red cheeks you have, Santa!

We passed on the Christmas party in 04 and I always regretted it. You'll be there at the right time, and this IS Disney's BEST hard ticketed event. It will be nothing short of your favorite part of the trip! And your kids are the PERFECT age!

9. mom2rtk

mom2rtk My, what red cheeks you have, Santa!

The weekend leading up to Columbus day will be crazy busy. Columbus day itself will be quieter, since many will travel home that day.

10. DaniB

DaniB DIS Veteran

About how big are the treat bags handed out with the wrist bands?

I read a lot of posts from people who say they bring their own larger bags. Are they really that small?

11. mousireid

mousireid It still haunts me to this day....what I did for a

*SMALL*! Well, there were four of us last year. They were gallon sized bags. If you get four gallon sized bags packed with candy and for some reason think you will need some more (!!!!!) then go ahead. WE did NOT bring ALL that candy home with us!:confused3

12. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

I its totally with it would be subjective-whats worth it to one--might not be to another.

My grand daughter and her family are huge halloween people- so for us the halloween party is worth it. We are using this party as our park day.

For us rides will be secondary- except for Haunted Mansion and Pirates of Caribbean (as they fit in our halloween theme. )

They have free face painting. The villians show and hallowishes are MUSTS for us as this is the only time you see such shows.

13. jack'smom

jack'smom Mouseketeer

We are going in mid-September and my son has the Captain Hook costume from the Pirate's League makeover. I'm assuming this will be too hot for him to wear, right? Would it look strange if he wore the hat, shirt, and jacket, but with black shorts instead of the pants?

14. Mrs D

Mrs D <font color=red>I realize most people don't hear e

I think that would be fine!

15. MamaCrush

MamaCrush DIS Veteran

:confused3

DH and I can't decide whether we should go to the Thurs, 9/30 MNSSHP or the Sunday, 10/2. I know that the W&D Weekend runners get tickets to the 10/2 party, but there's something of an uproar on the events thread about those folks not being able to take advantage of the "free" ticket that's factored into their race registration fee. So I'm not really sure how much that is going to influence the party crowd. Thurs., 9/30 is our first day, so DH isn't sure he'll enjoy it as much after driving 9 hours to WDW.

I just called DVC Member Svcs and they said no event nights (including 10/31) have sold out yet, and Halloween night is always the first to sell out, so that's not a factor.

Any thoughts??

16. beansmom

beansmom <font color=blue>Your dream eludes you? Don't you

the shirt is ONLY available during the party. By the time we get there (Oct 17 this year) supplies are often skimpy. Last year I ended up with a tote bag...which is now pretty cool because I am going to cut the straps off, stuff it andmake it a throw pillow.

17. DaniB

DaniB DIS Veteran

That sounds like it's perfectly big enough for us then! Thanks.

18. gilliansmommy

gilliansmommy Mouseketeer

We are so excited, we are going to the party on the 28th of this month!

19. abonham

abonham Earning My Ears

Does this mean Jessie and Woody won't be doing autographs/photopass?

20. agravette

agravette Mouseketeer

Last year Jessie and Woody signed autographs and photopass was available too. Of course, Bullseye doesn't sign, but he is adorable and it's a rare treat to get to see him!

21. ILoveMyGirls

ILoveMyGirls DIS Veteran

Does anyone have a photo of last year's shirt so we can get an idea of what it looks like.