The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Turtle31, Jul 8, 2010.

1. squirrel

squirrel DIS Veteran<font color=deeppink>

I have last year's map and it definately starts in Frontierland.

Spectro went the opposite direction.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DaniB

DaniB DIS Veteran

Opps, never mind

4. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

Does it make a difference where the parade starts and ends?

5. skier_pete

skier_pete DIsney-holics Anon

Well, if it starts at 8:15 in Frontierland, it won't get to the Town Hall end of Main Street for about 20 minutes, at which point it is already DONE where it started....so depending on what else you want to do when, it CAN make a difference.

6. laughinplace2

laughinplace2 Mouseketeer

Hi all,
    I have a weather question. What if you buy tickets for a certain night and it rains? Do they refund your money? Do they still have some of the party?
    Hope this hasn't been asked...thanks guys!

7. 100AcreWood

100AcreWood DIS Veteran

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm about to buy our tickets next month.

8. laughinplace2

laughinplace2 Mouseketeer

Yeah cuz that would reallllly stink...I mean many of us are building our entire trips around this party---imagine going down there for this, and its cancelled due to rain!! I mean you'd have fun any way but the reason I'm going this particular time is for the Halloween party! Anyone know what happens when it rains? Thanks guys :)

9. skier_pete

skier_pete DIsney-holics Anon

Since no-one else has chimed in, here is what I have gleaned about this...

100 % Sure of this:
    - The party won't be canceled because of rain.(Exception would I suppose be a hurricane hitting central FL that closes all the parks.)
    - Some events during the party (fireworks / parade) can be cancelled if it rains badly enough (like monsoon levels), but that doesn't mean you get a refund.

NOT 100% sure of this:
    -I have read here on the boards that if you decide you don't want to go to the party due to weather, you can go to guest services BEFORE you enter the park and exchange your tickets for a different night (if they are still available on the given night you want). From what I understood, you can't get a refund, only exchange.
    - Once you enter the party, you cannot get a rain-check for the night, no matter how bad it rains.

Can anyone out there confirm the last bits for me?

10. MJ6987

MJ6987 DIS Veteran

Hi,
    Does anyone know - is it true that in the Villain's mix and mingel show before the Parade that they don't mingle?

Just that I was thinking of watching that show and then keep the same spot for the Parade but maybe not if this is the case?

Thanks!

11. famsen

famsen DIS Veteran

They were doing some mingling after the show when we were there last year. It was right in front of the castle and they came down off the stage afterward. I'm not sure how long they mingled.

12. squirrel

squirrel DIS Veteran<font color=deeppink>

I believe it's the Villan's Mix and Mingle before HalloWishes that they don't come down for photos.

13. MIKEYD820

MIKEYD820 Earning My Ears

Great information... Thanks

14. TCO

TCO Disney Geek

Me and my wife are going on the 28th, are adults allowed to get candy or is it frowned upon as poor form?

15. disneypolybride2008

disneypolybride2008 DIS Veteran

me and my DH have been 2x and we're adults and YES we trick or treat! that is why we like it, b/c we get to be kids again and we always loved going trick or treating. Just make sure you dress up! :banana:

16. disneypolybride2008

disneypolybride2008 DIS Veteran

It will be the most crowded and likely to sell out. Not sure how the level compares w/ a busy dat at MK, but keep in mind a lot of people may be dispersed better than an average day at MK b/c of all the extra characters out and trick or treating, so i doubt it would be that bad. If it is, atleast you are going on Halloween night, which is awesome! I'd love to do that on the actual day. You'll have a great time, just remember your ponchos.;)

17. TCO

TCO Disney Geek

Brilliant thanks, we'll be dressing up for sure, we don't do Halloween big in the UK so its a good chance to have fun and act like a kid.

I'm going to use that excuse at Disney as long as I'm still standing :wizard:

18. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

Update: Cinderella's Carriage is now expected to be available (Disney must be following this thread). It's expected to be in the Castle Courtyard.

19. wildirishrose

wildirishrose Mouseketeer

Yeah!!!! Thanks for the update.. That is my Christmas photo op every year, thought I might have to actual learn photoshop and photoshop the carriage this year

20. Saron

Saron Earning My Ears

This will be my first. I'm going Sept 18. I will be dressed like a pirate.

21. IBelieveInTheMagic

IBelieveInTheMagic DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update!! :flower3:

Heather